Jump to topic:

ORP Day Phase 3.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 10:06:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Corporate Mccorporate News Network here.

The strange events in Ryopia have continued.
Yesterday Leon Augustine (Cody_franklin) was lynched after video evidence was found of him stalking through the corridor of the previously murdered Robert Robertson.

Will Plaid (Puck) was found shot in his bed, with The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli on his night stand.

The same fate reached Emily Teteti (KRfournier), who had apparently recently planted extra trees and sent donations to the Sierra Club recently.

Our air coverage saw smoke coming from a house for a moment but it has stopped.

The following are in the town square, contact me if I screw up as usual

2. wjmelements
3. Jblake
7. WonderWoman
10. Vi_Veri
12. Alex_hanson911
14. mongeese
15. ournamestoolong
16. GhostWriter
18. SportsGuru
19. feverish
20. crackofdawn_jr
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. Mongoose
24. I-Am-A-Panda
25. Chrysippus

List of all players, bolding those so far known to be dead:

1. Nags
2. wjmelements
3. Jblake
4. Clockwork
5. KRFournier
6. Philosophical

7. WonderWoman
8. theLwerd
9. Rezzealaux
10. Vi_Veri
11. Leafrod
12. Alex_hanson911
13. Puck
14. mongeese
15. ournamestoolong
16. GhostWriter
17. BELLUMQUODPACIS
18. SportsGuru
19. feverish
20. crackofdawn_jr
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. Mongoose
23. pcmbrown
24. I-Am-A-Panda
25. Chrysippus
26. Cody_franklin

In any case, you need 10 votes for a lynch. Chop chop!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 10:17:21 PM
Based on the nature of this game, we have absolutely nothing to go on (other than assuming we have a few mafia down). If anyone has learned something during the night, come forward. Otherwise...?
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 8:41:12 AM
Wow, i got so into the last mafia game i don't remember what's happening at all here. Do we have anything?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 10:26:03 AM
At 12/4/2009 8:41:12 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Wow, i got so into the last mafia game i don't remember what's happening at all here. Do we have anything?

Nope, other than clues from yesterday.... lemme check
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 10:31:25 AM
11. Leafrod, who looks rather tired btw.
12. Alex_hanson911, who grunts and groans a little.

Only clues from last day phase.

Care to explain, you two?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 10:33:44 AM
Okay, we have absolutely NOTHING to go on. The only thing I've noticed that was a little fishy was Ragnar's descriptions of LeafRod. On Day Phase 2, it opened up with Ragnar pointing out that LeafRod "looked tired" which was indicative of him being out all night the night before (mayhaps doing the mafia kill?). This morning, I noticed that I wasn't in the town square -- I asked Ragnar why -- and he said I was sleeping in (silenced for 8 hours real time as a result of my studying; I have been trying to acquire new abilities). However, my 8 hour silencing is up and as such I should be back in the square. Meanwhile, LeafRod isn't and the whole thing about him being tired from yesterday's day phase is the ONLY "clue" whatsoever that we have to go on. Because we really have nothing else, and won't until LeafRod comes forward or anyone with any other information comes forward, vote to lynch LeafRod via hanging. That said, it would appear as if the cult killed KRF. I still think that wonderwoman and wjmelements are cult.
President of DDO
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 12:58:21 PM
Actually, I think the stories are filled with clues as to identification.

The game seems to be largely based on ideology. We need to figure out which political/economic ideology would be considered mafia, which would be innocent, and which might be cult (if there is a cult). Then we figure out what the short story tells us. For instance, Puck was found with The Prince. What does this tell us about his possible ideology? What does that ideology tell us about his innocence or guilt?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 1:58:30 PM
At 12/4/2009 10:31:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
11. Leafrod, who looks rather tired btw.
12. Alex_hanson911, who grunts and groans a little.

Only clues from last day phase.

Care to explain, you two?

My home was appearently broken into, I got shot at and took a "shallow" bullet, i managed to fend off the attacker which was unknown because he was "covered in black." I was able to pull the bullet out and self bandage myself. i'm assuming thats why I graoned a bit.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:05:47 PM
JBlake: Yes, sure we can tell the alliances of each player quite well, but we don't have any clues really past that.... so, from what I see, today we have:

Yesterday Leon Augustine (Cody_franklin) was lynched after video evidence was found of him stalking through the corridor of the previously murdered Robert Robertson.

He had a cross on him -- conservative is my guess. Mafia? Cult?

Will Plaid (Puck) was found shot in his bed, with The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli on his night stand.

Fascist would be my guess. Third party?

The same fate reached Emily Teteti (KRfournier), who had apparently recently planted extra trees and sent donations to the Sierra Club recently.

Liberal, it looks like - trees and sierra club and all lol --- mafia? cult?

Looks like we have at least 2 opposing teams against the town.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:09:09 PM
At 12/4/2009 3:05:47 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
JBlake: Yes, sure we can tell the alliances of each player quite well, but we don't have any clues really past that.... so, from what I see, today we have:

He had a cross on him -- conservative is my guess. Mafia? Cult?
Christianity. Cult, probably.

Fascist would be my guess. Third party?
Possible.

Liberal, it looks like - trees and sierra club and all lol --- mafia? cult?

Looks like we have at least 2 opposing teams against the town.

I'd guess more. This is from an Ayn Randian perspective, right? There can't be too many objectivists.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:12:26 PM
From yesterday we have....

Last night in Ryopia, a number of tragedies occurred out of nowhere. For starters, the town inexplicably lynched a woman, Lily Taggins, of unknown profession, who had a number of items of a private nature within her home, in addition to a subscription to a moderate political newsletter..

Moderate? From the condoms that fell out of her pocket and her black dress and her "items of private nature," I would take a stab and say this might have been our role blocker?

A man identified as Sousuke Sagoor (BellumQuodPacis) was found burned to ashes from a freak lightning strike, investigation of his home turned up nothing interesting.

Nothing on Bellum -- but he was linked in the past to Philosophical through IT investigation.

Robert Robertson (Clockwork) was found shot inside his home. A strange robot left the scene at incredible speed when our reporters arrived. A copy of Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein was found folded open nearby. Our reporters recovered the following tape from a recorder the victim had owned that was playing at the scene. *A grainy tape plays and shows Cody_Franklin stalking through a hallway*

Libertarian? Heinlein is known for Libertarian politics in his books.

Rosey Red (PCMbrown) was shot holding a gun that had evidently been fired somewhere else. Investigation of her home turned up a great deal of FDR memoribilia.

FDR-- obviously Liberal here. Holding a gun -- I would suspect mafia or cult here.

And the only two other clues we had were Alex Hanson groaning (which he has given an explanation for), and LeafRod looking tired (which he hasn't explained yet).
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:14:56 PM
It seems we have religions with this too, then --- as Nags referred to himself as the "Agnostic University Student" and Cody Franklin was wearing a cross.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:18:36 PM
I haven't been told a religion, Vi.

I suspect college students are for the most part townies, but I suspect (because they're college students) that mafias could recruit them? What do you think?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:31:45 PM
At 12/4/2009 3:18:36 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I haven't been told a religion, Vi.

I suspect college students are for the most part townies, but I suspect (because they're college students) that mafias could recruit them? What do you think?

Well, we know obviously that the cult can recruit, but I guess what you're asking is if the occupation of "student" would make them more prone to recruitment... or even prone to mafia-like recruitment?

I think the college student townies probably run a higher risk of recruitment. Especially if there are non-student townies (which as we can see, Clockwork probably was -- libertarian and Rand are made of the same ingredients). Students change or acquire affiliations many times during college. This makes me wonder, would other types of occupations we might have make us more prone to recruitment? I wonder how the recruitment would technically work here...

As for how many anti-town we have down... I would think roughly...

MAFIA/CULT?
--------

PCMbrown
Bellum
Philosophical
KRFournier
Cody Franklin
Puck?

THIRD PARTY
--------------

Puck?

TOWN
--------

Clockwork

lol from the looks of that compilation, it seems to me we're doing good....
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:36:01 PM
Have there been any night kills that were obviously of a mafia? Check DP2, but I don't think so.

We may just be up against 2 or 3 cults.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:43:12 PM
I believe we should all ask Ragnar for our phone number and post it tothis forum thread so that we can call eachother at will. Communication always helps the town.

My number is 2512.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:45:01 PM
Honestly, I don't see much else to go on other than the clues from last night. Since I don't see anything I can contribute at the moment. I believe I should be able to complete my well investigation today.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:46:21 PM
At 12/4/2009 3:45:01 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
Honestly, I don't see much else to go on other than the clues from last night. Since I don't see anything I can contribute at the moment. I believe I should be able to complete my well investigation today.

Have you role claimed?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:51:17 PM
At this point, there are 2-3 people I'm suspicious of ... I'll wait to see what Leafrod has to say before revealing my other "leads."
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:56:22 PM
Sportsguru drives away.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:15:41 PM
Wjm drives the same direction, which you now see to be east.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:16:09 PM
Leafrod arrives
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 6:28:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
WJM returns and sportsguru shortly after.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 6:36:36 PM
The well is 11161.499 feet deep, according to the information I was able to squeeze out of Ragner-Rahl. So, I believe thats plenty deep to drop someone in.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 6:58:02 PM
At 12/4/2009 6:38:34 PM, wjmelements wrote:
That's a pretty impressive well. Phone numbers, people.

Do we want to create a game-wide "phone-book" of sorts?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 6:58:58 PM
There exists a phonebook already. If you know someone's first and last names, you can look them up and get their number.