Jump to topic:

Do Ouija Boards actully work??

2breezy4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 11:59:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was on this website and i read alot of stories pertaining to the Ouija board .. ( kinda creepy actully) I was just wonderin if that stuff actully works. Is it reall??? Has anyone had some sort of experience. If so please share. Im really interested.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 12:23:52 PM
The psychology of such a game involves someone in the group wanting to deceive the others. Obviously, there are a lot of cases of this.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 12:26:35 PM
Demons move the pieces
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 11:49:31 PM
Some parapsychologists have decided that they do work, in the sense that the subconcious minds of the participants cause them to move the glass and spell out messages, so is nothing more than mental gibberish on a par with a lot of hypnotic regression.

A lot of spiritualist avoid using them because apparently you are more likely to contact darker energies.

So gibberish or demons, take your pick.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 12:04:50 AM
At 12/5/2009 11:49:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Some parapsychologists have decided that they do work, in the sense that the subconcious minds of the participants cause them to move the glass and spell out messages, so is nothing more than mental gibberish on a par with a lot of hypnotic regression.

A lot of spiritualist avoid using them because apparently you are more likely to contact darker energies.

So gibberish or demons, take your pick.

From what I've read, parapsychology is a bunch of BS.

More often than not, it's a douche consciously forcing the answers upon his peers.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 2:58:35 AM
Faraday, is the one that comes to mind, who demonstrated by placing a stack of small round cards on the glass the fingers rested on, which allowed him to see the 'push' direction as they shifted. Lo and behold the cards moved in compliance with a finger pushing the glass.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 2:17:42 PM
James Randi once found some very compelling evidence that it is no more than the participant subconsciously moving the piece themselves. He let the participant look at the board and the ouija was going from Yes to No to certain questions, but when he blindfolded the participant and turned the board upside-down, the piece moved to a blank space on the board where Yes and No used to be.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:18:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
ido not believe that a "game" can tell your future as of "tarrot cards" so no it is not actually true
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:23:44 PM
Ouija boards are a great example of how little control we actually have on our bodies.

Our sub-concious decides most times what we do and don't do. It wants to maximise pleasure and minimise pain. Example, if you touch a very hot surface, your sub-concious will immediatley have your hand removed. This works on different scales.

When you get an ouija board, your sub-concious wants to have some fun, so it decides to choose some letters. It gives you pleasure.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:31:19 PM
At 12/7/2009 4:23:44 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Ouija boards are a great example of how little control we actually have on our bodies.

Our sub-concious decides most times what we do and don't do. It wants to maximise pleasure and minimise pain. Example, if you touch a very hot surface, your sub-concious will immediatley have your hand removed. This works on different scales.

When you get an ouija board, your sub-concious wants to have some fun, so it decides to choose some letters. It gives you pleasure.

I really want to try a ouija board just to see if I can outsmart my sub-conscious.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:49:55 PM
At 12/7/2009 4:31:19 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I really want to try a ouija board just to see if I can outsmart my sub-conscious.

You can in some cases lol. Forcing it to go to T, then H, then E shows nothing other than basic motor skills. If you intend for it to be moved to a certain letter, you re automatically overriding your sub concious. If you decide to just let what happens happen, your letting your sub-concious take the wheel.

So, tricky enough to pull off
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:06:55 PM
At 12/7/2009 4:49:55 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/7/2009 4:31:19 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

You can in some cases lol. Forcing it to go to T, then H, then E shows nothing other than basic motor skills. If you intend for it to be moved to a certain letter, you re automatically overriding your sub concious. If you decide to just let what happens happen, your letting your sub-concious take the wheel.

So, tricky enough to pull off

No I don't mean by forcing it to go to where I want it to go, I mean by seeing if nothing happens at all. So many people claim that Ouija boards work for them and they have no idea how, blame it on spirits and stuff.... I'd like to see if I could conduct a seance and have absolutely nothing happen at all. I'd be disappointed in myself if I was outsmarted by my own sub-conscious by moving a piece and not even realise I'm doing it.