Jump to topic:

Think you have acne?

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 12:21:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:29:53 PM
OMG THAT WAS CRAZY!!! How does someone let it get that big?!?!?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:31:02 PM
At 12/5/2009 1:29:53 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
OMG THAT WAS CRAZY!!! How does someone let it get that big?!?!?

THATS what she said
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:34:38 PM
At 12/5/2009 1:32:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/5/2009 1:31:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

THATS what she said

Hehe not to you, little man :p

http://i107.photobucket.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:43:00 PM
Acne is a really cruel trick to play on teenagers. I remember when I was going through puberty I fancied this girl in my class so much I would have crawled a hundred miles over broken glass just to w@nk over her shadow but she wouldn't even look at me because of all my zits.

My spots cleared up when I left school but I've never seen her since. Who knows what could have been if I hadn't been cursed with acne?

All these years later I can't help feeling that teenage spots ruined my entire life. But if there are any teenage boys with acne reading this, don't despair, at least the girl in your class that you fancy isn't as good looking as Bonita (no girl ever could be).
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 1:44:54 PM
At 12/5/2009 1:43:00 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Acne is a really cruel trick to play on teenagers. I remember when I was going through puberty I fancied this girl in my class so much I would have crawled a hundred miles over broken glass just to w@nk over her shadow but she wouldn't even look at me because of all my zits.

My spots cleared up when I left school but I've never seen her since. Who knows what could have been if I hadn't been cursed with acne?

All these years later I can't help feeling that teenage spots ruined my entire life. But if there are any teenage boys with acne reading this, don't despair, at least the girl in your class that you fancy isn't as good looking as Bonita (no girl ever could be).

Thanks. :/
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:05:50 PM

No, Acne is a really Gods way of testing us.
God has given teens acne so they do not have sex and to teach you how to persevere.

So when you are older you can be pure for your wife and know how to deal with tough situations, silly.

All be it to God for giving teens acne.

You should look to the mirror and thank him everyday, if you are lucky enough to get acne.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:22:13 PM
I had acne when I was younger. If you have acne here are some decent ways to lessen it.

1. Take a shower before you go to bed
2. Don't use soap directly on your face, use a facial scrub with salycitic acid
3. Wash your sheets at least once a week if not once every three days
4. If you have body acne, where loose fitting shirts
5. If you exercise/work out, take a shower immediately after doing so an shed any clothes
6. Don't touch your face with your hands ever
7. Acne on your forehead/on the back of your neck? Use a less greasy shampoo.
8. Make sure you are getting 3 balanced meals a day, drink your orange juice, check for vitamin deficiencies in your diet.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:22:32 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:05:50 PM, comoncents wrote:

God has given teens acne so they do not have sex and to teach you how to persevere.

So when you are older you can be pure for your wife and know how to deal with tough situations, silly.

You should look to the mirror and thank him everyday, if you are lucky enough to get acne.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That video is insane. :)
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:32:19 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:22:32 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/5/2009 2:05:50 PM, comoncents wrote:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That video is insane. :)

Not! Mind you, there's many a true word said in jest and there really was a Bonita that I never saw again. 'sobs'
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:34:36 PM
@brian

I think he's addressing commoncent's God gives you acne schpeal.

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:41:15 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:34:36 PM, johngriswald wrote:
@brian

I think he's addressing commoncent's God gives you acne schpeal.

Bingo. Brian, I always know whether or not to take you seriously. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:43:26 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:22:13 PM, johngriswald wrote:
I had acne when I was younger. If you have acne here are some decent ways to lessen it.

1. Take a shower before you go to bed
2. Don't use soap directly on your face, use a facial scrub with salycitic acid
3. Wash your sheets at least once a week if not once every three days
4. If you have body acne, where loose fitting shirts
5. If you exercise/work out, take a shower immediately after doing so an shed any clothes
6. Don't touch your face with your hands ever
7. Acne on your forehead/on the back of your neck? Use a less greasy shampoo.
8. Make sure you are getting 3 balanced meals a day, drink your orange juice, check for vitamin deficiencies in your diet.

I've never had much of a problem with pimples, the odd one here or there... out of curiousity, why wash your sheets at least once a week? Is acne "contagious" or something? (Not being a smart@ss, I really don't know much about it...)

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:44:51 PM
Brian, your Bonita could not hold a candle to my 6th grade love: Mathysse. Fortunately, I live in a generation where Facebook makes it possible to gawk over her whenever I please (which admittedly isn't often). Still, even though I didn't have acne, I had something else that stood in the way of our love: a vagina.
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 2:59:54 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:44:51 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Brian, your Bonita could not hold a candle to my 6th grade love: Mathysse. Fortunately, I live in a generation where Facebook makes it possible to gawk over her whenever I please (which admittedly isn't often). Still, even though I didn't have acne, I had something else that stood in the way of our love: a vagina.

But on the plus side at least you have memories of her in the shower after P.E. which is more than I have of Bonita!

Nice name though, Mathysse, and I never thought about looking Bonita up on Facebook. Maybe be I will, but by now I doubt she'll look the same way I remember her and I don't suppose she's still a virgin either!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:09:45 PM
Unfortunately, there were no shared showers between she and I. I did get to watch her undress and all that though, but only until 8th grade - after that she moved to Italy so I missed out on the golden years (puberty). Funny story though - I found out she was taking courses in England for college (via Facebook), but then saw her in one of my classes at Rutgers! It was an odd and overwhelming surprise lol anyway yeah she's fugging gorgeous. Also, you forgot that you still technically have a chance with Bonita, whereas I am practically married and... wait, hold on, let me check... yep - still have a vagina.

Ps. Virgins aren't what they're cracked up to be. An over-rated demographic indeed!
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:17:28 PM
At 12/5/2009 3:09:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Unfortunately, there were no shared showers between she and I. I did get to watch her undress and all that though, but only until 8th grade - after that she moved to Italy so I missed out on the golden years (puberty). Funny story though - I found out she was taking courses in England for college (via Facebook), but then saw her in one of my classes at Rutgers! It was an odd and overwhelming surprise lol anyway yeah she's fugging gorgeous. Also, you forgot that you still technically have a chance with Bonita, whereas I am practically married and... wait, hold on, let me check... yep - still have a vagina.

Ps. Virgins aren't what they're cracked up to be. An over-rated demographic indeed!

They were for me!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:22:43 PM
At 12/5/2009 3:17:28 PM, comoncents wrote:

They were for me!

Yeah, that's because they just had to lie there. Being with a woman (successfully) takes practice. Except for me - I was a natural, obviously :p
President of DDO
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:56:10 PM
At 12/5/2009 2:43:26 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
I've never had much of a problem with pimples, the odd one here or there... out of curiousity, why wash your sheets at least once a week? Is acne "contagious" or something? (Not being a smart@ss, I really don't know much about it...)

Think about it. You sweat when you sleep, that transfers to your sheets. After a week or so you get dirty sheets filled with oil, this causes the accumulation of bacteria on your sheets. The bacteria then reinfect open pores and then you get clogged pores/ a breakout of acne.

Also add

1. Change your laundry softener
2. If you talk on the phone, don't let the phone touch your face
3. Lay off milk based products and milk Try substituting other calcium rich foods into your diet
4. Replace white bread with wheat bread, don't drink soda, avoid sweets
5. Drink lots of water
6. Do not use bar soap.
7. Wash your face once in the morning (shower at night)

ddofans.com
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:58:59 PM
At 12/5/2009 3:56:10 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/5/2009 2:43:26 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

Think about it. You sweat when you sleep, that transfers to your sheets. After a week or so you get dirty sheets filled with oil, this causes the accumulation of bacteria on your sheets. The bacteria then reinfect open pores and then you get clogged pores/ a breakout of acne.

Also add

1. Change your laundry softener
2. If you talk on the phone, don't let the phone touch your face
3. Lay off milk based products and milk Try substituting other calcium rich foods into your diet
4. Replace white bread with wheat bread, don't drink soda, avoid sweets
5. Drink lots of water
6. Do not use bar soap.
7. Wash your face once in the morning (shower at night)

http://www.debate.org...
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 3:59:13 PM

I had a tad bit of acne in middle schoo but nothing major.
Anyone else find it ironic that Bonita means pretty in spanish?
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 5:53:22 PM
http://www.debate.org...

Not seeing how this relates to acne?

ddofans.com
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 9:41:06 PM
I was really ugly up until I was 17 (horrible hair, skin, everything). Late bloomer. Then what seemed like over night, I turned into hotty-mchotterson. lol, Don't know how, but unfortunately the hottness came to me after my model/actress/intellectual crush graduated :( lol, unfortunately for me, I never got the nerve to even add her on facebook.

But it's ok :) I have a wife that makes me melt now.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.