Jump to topic:

Are you happy?

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:36:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I can, with high confidence, say that I am the happiest person here, simply because it is impossible for me to be any happier. But what about you?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:40:13 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:36:24 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
I can, with high confidence, say that I am the happiest person here, simply because it is impossible for me to be any happier. But what about you?

Quite a statement. I definitely don't think I am the happiest, but lately i'm finding out a lot of the person i want to be, and what interests me, so I am fairly happy.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:47:35 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:37:48 PM, JBlake wrote:
So you are on ecstasy, then?

He'd have to be. How much did you take, Freedom?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:48:23 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:37:48 PM, JBlake wrote:
So you are on ecstasy, then?

No, I don't do any drugs. I credit self-control. It's not that my life is awesome, I've had a rather more rough life than people my age actually. Everyone around me is depressed and stressed out of their mind. But I have almost unheard of control over my attitude, perception and personal preference.

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:48:50 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:45:56 PM, Volkov wrote:
What exactly makes you so happy, Freedomaniac?

See above post.

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:50:06 PM
simply because it is impossible for me to be any happier

I'd get depressed the moment I could believe such a thing.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:50:15 PM
So you are the happiest compared to your immediate surroundings? That barely constitutes as best here, especially given your claimed philosophical base. ;)
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:51:59 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:50:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
simply because it is impossible for me to be any happier

I'd get depressed the moment I could believe such a thing.

Really? It makes me happy. I guess that's the difference.

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:52:37 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:50:15 PM, Puck wrote:
So you are the happiest compared to your immediate surroundings? That barely constitutes as best here, especially given your claimed philosophical base. ;)

What do you mean?

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:54:17 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:48:23 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
No, I don't do any drugs. I credit self-control. It's not that my life is awesome, I've had a rather more rough life than people my age actually. Everyone around me is depressed and stressed out of their mind. But I have almost unheard of control over my attitude, perception and personal preference.

So, you find happiness in your ability to spin a different tone on situations that are usually depressing, as compared to others around you?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:54:48 PM
Even if people here weren't happy, do you think they'd share? Seems like an opportunity to brag about your happiness, dude, lol and good for you. It's cool that you're so happy (I mean this sincerely). Cheers, bro.
President of DDO
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:03:30 PM
Ehh, I go through bouts of extreme happiness and contentment and equal measures depression and hatred for life.

Sometimes I am so down I don't feel like holding my head up. Other times I couldn't be happier to be the person I am and living the life I'm living. I've got a wonderful girlfriend, a brilliant high-paying job coming up in January, good mates, live in a good town... but sometimes it's just not enough for me. People tend to p*ss me off and once I get in a bad mood I begin to enjoy it and it becomes hard to get out of. A few beers tends to do the trick. I know this will probably p*ss Lwerd off, but I blame 7 years of smoking pot all day every day. It was either the cause or a form of self-medication for something that I was already pre-disposed to.

Hey, you asked. ;)
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:06:17 PM
I can, with high confidence, say that I am the happiest person here.

Stop it. Your parents secretly hate you. In fact, you were an accident.

Here on DDO, we he a secret PM message between all of DDO's regulars which is entitled, "I HATE FREEDOMANIAC!" I think you can guess what we discuss in this PM message.

Also, I poisoned all your food.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:08:43 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:06:17 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I can, with high confidence, say that I am the happiest person here.

Stop it. Your parents secretly hate you. In fact, you were an accident.

Here on DDO, we he a secret PM message between all of DDO's regulars which is entitled, "I HATE FREEDOMANIAC!" I think you can guess what we discuss in this PM message.

Rule 1 of the "I HATE FREEDOMANIAC" thread... do not talk about the thread.
Rule 2 of the "I HATE FREEDOMANIAC" thread... do NOT talk about the thread.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:09:11 PM
Lol pot puts you in a bad mood? I wouldn't be mad at you for that - I feel bad for you :p Nah, seriously though, pot can make you BLAH. That's why I prefer smoking when I'm in a good mood; it'll enhance my mood - not make it worse. I've self-medicated with pot before but it helped a lot rather than hindered. However, I've also been in situations where it hurt and made me feel low too. I guess it depends.
President of DDO
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:13:12 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:09:11 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Lol pot puts you in a bad mood? I wouldn't be mad at you for that - I feel bad for you :p Nah, seriously though, pot can make you BLAH. That's why I prefer smoking when I'm in a good mood; it'll enhance my mood - not make it worse. I've self-medicated with pot before but it helped a lot rather than hindered. However, I've also been in situations where it hurt and made me feel low too. I guess it depends.

Lol no, pot has never made me feel bad that I can recall. It's when I don't have the luxury of smoking that it kicks in, such as when the town was dry or I had no cash, or like now where I can't smoke at all because I've got an induction in January where they'll p*ss test me. Talking to my dad the other day though (who works at the same mine), apparently they do saliva testing rather than p*ss testing once you've passed the induction medical, so I will be able to smoke again come January.

Have you ever tried to stop? How long have you been smoking for? What's the longest stint you've had without it since you started?

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:19:10 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:54:17 PM, Volkov wrote:

So, you find happiness in your ability to spin a different tone on situations that are usually depressing, as compared to others around you?

I simply say to myself "what is the use of being depressed by this", when I realize there isn't one, I always feel great. Then I resolve or deal with the situation without getting upset about it.

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:20:08 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:54:48 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Even if people here weren't happy, do you think they'd share? Seems like an opportunity to brag about your happiness, dude, lol and good for you. It's cool that you're so happy (I mean this sincerely). Cheers, bro.

Thank you very much. I am bragging by the way.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:22:07 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:19:10 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
I simply say to myself "what is the use of being depressed by this", when I realize there isn't one, I always feel great. Then I resolve or deal with the situation without getting upset about it.

Fair enough. But, I suppose another question is, are you happy, or are you calm? There is a difference between the two emotions.
Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:22:11 PM
At 12/6/2009 7:57:10 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
lol What was the point of you posting this?

Mostly just for the heck of it. But also, I have a hope that someone here may find out what I'm talking about.

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:23:57 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:03:30 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Ehh, I go through bouts of extreme happiness and contentment and equal measures depression and hatred for life.

Sometimes I am so down I don't feel like holding my head up. Other times I couldn't be happier to be the person I am and living the life I'm living. I've got a wonderful girlfriend, a brilliant high-paying job coming up in January, good mates, live in a good town... but sometimes it's just not enough for me. People tend to p*ss me off and once I get in a bad mood I begin to enjoy it and it becomes hard to get out of. A few beers tends to do the trick. I know this will probably p*ss Lwerd off, but I blame 7 years of smoking pot all day every day. It was either the cause or a form of self-medication for something that I was already pre-disposed to.

Hey, you asked. ;)

Ya, I used to be like that When I was Christian. Now I don't have ups and downs, just a steady up.

Freedomaniac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:25:52 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:22:07 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/6/2009 8:19:10 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:

Fair enough. But, I suppose another question is, are you happy, or are you calm? There is a difference between the two emotions.

HAHAHA! I am NEVER calm! I am the most ridiculously extroverted person I've ever seen!

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:29:10 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:25:52 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
HAHAHA! I am NEVER calm! I am the most ridiculously extroverted person I've ever seen!

Alright, but that isn't quite what I meant. I don't necessarily mean calm, as it is opposed to hyper - I mean do you let a cooler head prevail in crisis situations, or are you eternally optimistic, sub-consciously denying some of the more dire facts around you?
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:38:13 PM
No, I am not happy because one of the best younger ld debaters I witnessed debating last night did not make it past the quarter finals due to a bias judge and absurd comments from the judge in the round
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:44:39 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:38:13 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
No, I am not happy because one of the best younger ld debaters I witnessed debating last night did not make it past the quarter finals due to a bias judge and absurd comments from the judge in the round

I assume your talking about Intelligent Design debaters, in which case why would you care?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:48:18 PM
At 12/6/2009 8:44:39 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 12/6/2009 8:38:13 PM, wonderwoman wrote:

I assume your talking about Intelligent Design debaters, in which case why would you care?

Nah I'd say she's talking about LD debaters (Lincoln-Douglas).