Jump to topic:

She is gorgeous.

NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:23:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Ok say there was this girl and she had a boyfriend, who you were friendly enough with but not exactly friends with. And say you really liked this girl or though that you could really get to like her and you knew that if you wanted you could take her from him, you wouldn't really be doing wrong if you were to, would you? Like the fact that she could be taken from him in the first place shows that shes not that mad about him, so really all you'd be doing was keeping him from getting too attached to her which would probably lead to him being far more depressed down the line from her leaving him than he would be if she were to leave him now. Any thoughts?
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:26:05 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:23:49 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Ok say there was this girl and she had a boyfriend, who you were friendly enough with but not exactly friends with. And say you really liked this girl or though that you could really get to like her and you knew that if you wanted you could take her from him, you wouldn't really be doing wrong if you were to, would you? Like the fact that she could be taken from him in the first place shows that shes not that mad about him, so really all you'd be doing was keeping him from getting too attached to her which would probably lead to him being far more depressed down the line from her leaving him than he would be if she were to leave him now. Any thoughts?

Dude, "bros before hoes". Don't take your friend's girlfriend, it's not right. Just let them naturally break up and then you can go for it.

I think you just really want this girl and so you're trying to find a way that it'd be ok for you to take her for him even though you know it's wrong.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:27:26 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:23:49 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
so really all you'd be doing so really all you'd be doing would be keeping him from getting too attached to her

I think that right anyway.
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:35:37 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:26:05 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
Dude, "bros before hoes". Don't take your friend's girlfriend, it's not right. Just let them naturally break up and then you can go for it.

I think you just really want this girl and so you're trying to find a way that it'd be ok for you to take her for him even though you know it's wrong.

But is it wrong really though Isn't all fair in love and war? And I wouldn't exactly call him a "bro". Like hes a nice fella who I wouldn't wish any harm on and even though I would be harming him in some way, I'd be preventing him from being harmed more later on in life....so that kinda makes it ok, doesn't it?
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:43:36 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:35:37 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
But is it wrong really though Isn't all fair in love and war?
Do you really love her?

And I wouldn't exactly call him a "bro". Like hes a nice fella who I wouldn't wish any harm on and even though I would be harming him in some way, I'd be preventing him from being harmed more later on in life....so that kinda makes it ok, doesn't it?

You don't know that you'd be preventing him from harm. If you're so sure that they'll break up I'd just let it happen.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:43:58 PM

But is it wrong really though Isn't all fair in love and war? And I wouldn't exactly call him a "bro". Like hes a nice fella who I wouldn't wish any harm on and even though I would be harming him in some way, I'd be preventing him from being harmed more later on in life....so that kinda makes it ok, doesn't it?

I don't know man, I think it's a bit of a c*nt move to be honest. If someone f*cked my mrs. or "stole" her from me, I don't know what I would do to the guy or to myself. It would hurt so bad.

On the other hand, if she decided to break up with me and then went out with another guy, I'd be fine with that... it's her decision ultimately of course, but you really should wait until they break up before you make a move. That's my 2 cents anyways.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:54:09 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:43:36 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
But is it wrong really though Isn't all fair in love and war?
Do you really love her?

I'm stone mad about her to be honest and I know she likes me too, but she doesn't seem to be making any move to break up with this f*cker, so its wrecking my head. We're perfect for each other like. I'v been going for joints(yeah she smokes......perfect like) with her during my breaks lately and its when I'm at my happiest. It's not far from love.
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:54:54 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:47:23 PM, Puck wrote:
Are you sure she likes you? :P I'd figure that stage out first.

Puck my friend, you're talking to a pimp. Jk
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:01:39 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:43:58 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I don't know man, I think it's a bit of a c*nt move to be honest. If someone f*cked my mrs. or "stole" her from me, I don't know what I would do to the guy or to myself. It would hurt so bad.

On the other hand, if she decided to break up with me and then went out with another guy, I'd be fine with that... it's her decision ultimately of course, but you really should wait until they break up before you make a move. That's my 2 cents anyways.

It is a c*nt move but see above. I know what your saying though and I wish you hadn't said it. Would you consider it a c*nt move if I spelled it out quite clearly for her that I was mad about her and that I'd love to have her as my girlfriend were she not already taken?
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:02:18 PM
At 12/7/2009 2:55:24 PM, Puck wrote:
If you don't value his friendship, and you value hers more, then ask. *shrugs*

You are the man.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:06:40 PM
At 12/7/2009 3:01:39 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
At 12/7/2009 2:43:58 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

It is a c*nt move but see above. I know what your saying though and I wish you hadn't said it. Would you consider it a c*nt move if I spelled it out quite clearly for her that I was mad about her and that I'd love to have her as my girlfriend were she not already taken?

Yeah I can't see the problem there. If you tell her you like her and she tells you she likes you, tell her to drop this dude and go with you I reckon. But I think she should do that before you do anything with her.

It wouldn't hurt nearly as bad if my girlfriend broke up with me then I found out a week later she was with some other dude, but if I was still with her and I found out she f*cked someone else I would be absolutely heartbroken man. I guess that's a bit weird seeing as the outcome is the same, but that's how I feel.

As you've said, if she likes you more than him, obviously they should break up and you two be together... but in that order.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 3:14:59 PM
At 12/7/2009 3:06:40 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

It wouldn't hurt nearly as bad if my girlfriend broke up with me then I found out a week later she was with some other dude, but if I was still with her and I found out she f*cked someone else I would be absolutely heartbroken man. I guess that's a bit weird seeing as the outcome is the same, but that's how I feel.

She wouldn't be betraying your trust the way you would rather it, so it wouldn't be as much of a blow to your pride. I don't know why, but I'm glad I got your approval. And pucks. I really enjoy reading what ye have to say(in general).
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:53:14 PM

LOL, dude steal the girl. Or you can remain a virgin like crackofdawn
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:54:38 PM
Grow a set, tell her to break up with him. Then mount her.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:06:51 PM
Warning: the following advice comes from a boy / man (based on your preference if you knew me personally) who has yet to be kissed.

Honestly, there isn't anything that should be holding you back. If you think she's the perfect match for you, don't let her out of your grasp. You don't want to regret waiting. Something may happen within several days or even weeks that changes the whole scenario. You like her, she likes you, makes sense to tell her of your feelings and talk it out with her. If you both make each other happy, then do what you can do to comfort her. Although I don't really believe in "love" perse, love does not wait for those who do not act upon it ;)
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:09:54 PM
At 12/7/2009 4:53:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:

LOL, dude steal the girl. Or you can remain a virgin like crackofdawn

Or you could f*ck johngriswald's Mrs.

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:11:11 PM
After she leaves him for you, he'll join a band and make millions off of writing this song

ddofans.com
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:13:05 PM
Your rationalizations are pretty ridiculous, but I think unnecessary. See how it goes for a bit and then talk to her, I guess. Whatever leet4A1 said earlier.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:15:14 PM
At 12/7/2009 5:09:54 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

We have an open marriage, so anyone's welcome to, provided you measure up.

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 5:23:20 PM
At 12/7/2009 5:15:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/7/2009 5:09:54 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

We have an open marriage, so anyone's welcome to, provided you measure up.

Nice one. Doubt I would measure up though. :(

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 6:40:38 PM
I haven't read any previous posts but here's my input. If the boyfriend is your personal friend then back away, that's not cool. If he's not your friend, then all is fair in love and war. Don't worry about him, do what you can to get them to break up and go for her.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
mistavega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 3:39:37 AM
Don't be a coward, go for it and give that girl an athletic performenance she'll never forget.

Life is to short, our lives is like a ticking time bomb and when it explodes, you're dead. Conquer your ambitions and live up to your genetic predisposition as a dominant male. We were born to dominate and take what we want, mankinds history shows this clearly and it's undisputable. If you don't, trust me buddy someone else will. Cease the moment and stop fretting about pathetic morality, it's just shackling the real human being you want to be inside of you. Liberate that human being, by braking the shackles of morality and be free to be whom you want to be!
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 8:43:03 AM
Love ain't real, dawg.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:17:14 AM
To me the idea (rather than the action itself) of "stealing" someone's wife, girlfriend etc. is totally effed up.

Women aren't objects like a car or watch that can be stolen. They have minds of their own and it is them who make the sexual choices in the real world, except in cases of rape or enforced marriage.

Obviously if you're missus runs off with someone else then you're gonna be upset and if its a good friend you're gonna be devastated but why should you blame the other guy more than you blame your ex or your self?

There are however unwritten rules about unacceptable behaviour between good friends.

I actually have a very old friend who is now married to the former girlfriend of a slightly less old friend (old in terms of knowing them, not their age). He (the usurper, UP) met her when the other guy (OG) invited UP into their home when UP had nowhere to stay. UP ran off with the girl two weeks later and OG was obviously totally gutted as well as murderous.

I still see both of them (and the girl) but it is extremely tense if I bump into one when I'm with the other. I told UP that he was a c#nt but I still went to the wedding.

@Purplehaze: just tell her how you feel and the rest is up to her.

As Leet said though, if you know the guy then the decent thing to do is to make sure she dumps him before you bury your bone.
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:22:01 AM
Feelings are for the emotional..
People...
>_>
Where is my string.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:29:35 AM
Wogging a bird off a mate is like jewing your granny out of her pension - it's something you just don't do.

On the other hand, it sounds as if you fancy his missus so much you'd crawl a mile over broken glass just to wank over her shadow so, if you think she has similar feelings for you, you should do something about it.

But what? The answer is you have to get him to leave her.

But how? Okay, use your imagination. Maybe you can get some girl that neither of them knows to go up to them while they are out together and say something like:

"Hi Patricia (or whatever she's called), are you still up for Saturday at the barracks? Don't forget to bring plenty of blobs, you know those squaddies never have any condoms with them."

Or get some strange bloke to go up to them and say:

"Hi Patrick, I mean Patricia, I thought was you! I see you've had the operation then. It's amazing what those surgeons can do these days isn't it? Anyway, I'll see you down the Dog and Duck for a few pints some time, eh? We can have a few games of darts just like the old days."
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:31:01 AM
Lol Bonita wut.
Where is my string.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa