Jump to topic:

Food and Pokemon

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:41:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In the Pokemon world, how would food work? Would just about any Pokemon be up for grabs? Would you be able to eat Oddish and still count as a vegetarian? he reason this is interesting to me is because all Pokemon seem to be domesticated as pets, and that seems to be a general qualm with eating animals like dogs and cats.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:42:06 PM
Also, if you were eating Tropius bananas, what are you really eating?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:57:00 PM
I could've swore I saw an episode of Pokemon with a cat in it a long time ago when I actually watched pokemon xD Idk what relevance that actually has to the discussion but it's out there now.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:05:55 PM
At 7/11/2013 10:03:58 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
They all eat pokefood.

Pokefood is people! -- I mean pokemon. Pokefood is Pokemon!!!!

(It works better if I was wearing an ascot. And if I was Charleton Heston).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:07:25 PM
At 7/11/2013 10:05:55 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
They all eat pokefood.

Pokemon eat pokefood.

Everyone just eats Magikarp because they are worthless.

D
Nolite Timere
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:17:41 AM
At 7/11/2013 10:05:55 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
They all eat pokefood.

Ah, love the reference.

Classic...
Lesbehonest
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 2:03:39 AM
At 7/11/2013 9:41:27 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
In the Pokemon world, how would food work? Would just about any Pokemon be up for grabs? Would you be able to eat Oddish and still count as a vegetarian? he reason this is interesting to me is because all Pokemon seem to be domesticated as pets, and that seems to be a general qualm with eating animals like dogs and cats.

I've only seend them eat apples and junk. Although I'd imagine pokemon eat each other all the time. They keep some pokemon as cattle, so yeah, I guess they do eat some of them. I bet Snorlax would feed a village for months.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 9:18:51 AM
At 7/12/2013 2:03:39 AM, Lesbehonest wrote:

I've only seend them eat apples and junk. Although I'd imagine pokemon eat each other all the time. They keep some pokemon as cattle, so yeah, I guess they do eat some of them. I bet Snorlax would feed a village for months.

This seems so messed up but I don't know why.
Nolite Timere
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 9:22:48 AM
At 7/12/2013 9:18:51 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I guess you could call that...

B|

...Pokeballism.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 9:24:04 AM
At 7/12/2013 9:18:51 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I sort of imagine Snorlax being like whale meat. Personally, I think that a Psyduck would taste delicious.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:41:19 PM

He's right, they do keep them as cattle, and harvest them for their milk. Moo Moo Milk! So why not eat them? There are fishermen! Do those fishermen really want to catch more Pokemon when they have a useless party of 6 level 10 Magikarp that only know Splash? Doubtful.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:58:33 PM
i've seen plenty of real animals in pokemon
https://www.youtube.com...
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 2:22:55 PM
On one of the descriptions it said that Magikarp gets eaten by predators like Pidgeotto I think
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 10:55:51 PM
At 7/12/2013 10:49:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/12/2013 10:47:29 PM, YYW wrote:
I would totally eat a filet of Pikachu

I'd rather eat a filet of Raichu, much more flavor.

Probably right about that.
Tsar of DDO
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:01:58 PM
At 7/12/2013 10:59:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You guys are such dorks, LOL <3

*insert joke on how royal likes dorks*
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:05:48 PM
At 7/12/2013 10:59:16 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You guys are such dorks, LOL <3

Love you too boo

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:37:45 PM
If you were to eat Unown, would that be like eating mystery meat?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:39:31 PM
At 7/12/2013 11:37:45 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
If you were to eat Unown, would that be like eating mystery meat?

Maybe... but it might be like broiled Mew.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:48:07 PM
I bet a Sceptile would taste great mixed into a salad.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:50:38 PM
If you ate a Mr. Mime, would that count as like, murder and/or cannibalism? Because Mr. Mime are pretty humanoid Pokemon.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:57:44 PM
At 7/12/2013 11:48:07 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
I bet a Sceptile would taste great mixed into a salad.

With a grilled Spearow breast, yes.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:58:36 PM
At 7/12/2013 11:50:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
If you ate a Mr. Mime, would that count as like, murder and/or cannibalism? Because Mr. Mime are pretty humanoid Pokemon.

I'll bet the meat would be disgusting anyway.
Tsar of DDO