Jump to topic:

Sick of idiots.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 9:40:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I just got an email through from a friend who will remain anonymous... it was a "promotion" from Ericsson saying if you send the email to 20 people you'll score a free laptop worth $2000. The chain of people it had been through before me was staggering... hundreds of people had believed it, decided to forward it on and probably thanked their lucky stars, their horoscope or whatever other moronic thing they believe brought them such good luck.

I immediately realized it was a hoax, Googled "Ericsson laptop promotion" and found many pages detailing the hoax. This took about 4 seconds to do.

I guess my point is I hate everyone on the planet and I hope they all die soon.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 9:43:33 PM
Whenever I wonder why the world is in such horrible condition, I only have to check my spam folder for all the evidence I need.
"We were having a philosophical discussion and I asserted that the only demonstrable reality is individual consciousness, but he insisted on the existence of a priori moral values that transcended free will. So I hit him." - Walon Vau
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:03:35 PM
At 12/8/2009 9:54:41 PM, Harlan wrote:
It would be fun to generate those hoaxes.

Haha yeah and then watch as your inbox fills with the hoax you started, man that'd be sweet. Then send out a mass email to everyone who's passed it on... "sorry to break it to you all, but sending this email did not cure a 6-year-old girl's cancer."
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:14:52 PM
I also don't like it when people start those messages on facebook/myspace saying something like "Website is becoming overcrowded, send this to 20 people so we know you use your account, otherwise it will be deleted"

It's like really, these things have been around since myspace began and your STILL forwarding them?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:52:58 PM
At 12/8/2009 10:34:58 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
You know what I'm sick of? Misanthropes. It seems like everyone is becoming one these days. I frigin' hate them!

Lol. Trust me, I hated everyone before it was cool.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:01:26 PM
Oh, and Poejoe... idiots are one thing, but what I really hate are sesquipedalian people. :D

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:29:31 PM
At 12/8/2009 11:27:20 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
So I won't be getting a laptop?

Haha, I wouldn't hold my breath mate let's put it that way. :)

KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:52:58 AM
I used to research most of my friends' forwards on www.truthorfiction.com and click "Reply All" when the forward was a hoax.

I get no forwards now because I'm such a downer.

Win. Win.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 10:56:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I can't tell you how many friends of mine have sent me a chain letter saying something like "I don't really believe in this... but I'm sending it to you just in case." Actually, I can tell you: it's three. But it's still really annoying.
mudsharkmythology
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 3:18:29 AM
I would just like to say thanks leet4a1. I also received this email and have been waiting patiently for my laptop ever since. Although disappointed I can now go on living my life without the suspense.
If you need air, call it in.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 12:00:42 PM
At 12/25/2009 3:18:29 AM, mudsharkmythology wrote:
I would just like to say thanks leet4a1. I also received this email and have been waiting patiently for my laptop ever since. Although disappointed I can now go on living my life without the suspense.

Haha. Oi it was Karl who sent me the email in the first place. :D