Jump to topic:

AP European History

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 3:40:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know this is supposed to either be in History or Education, but come on. Those places are very inactive.

So, has anybody here taken this course? Tell me more about it, including how hard it is, and what strategies are needed to tackle this subject.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:34:13 PM
At 7/19/2013 3:40:23 PM, GOP wrote:
I know this is supposed to either be in History or Education, but come on. Those places are very inactive.

So, has anybody here taken this course? Tell me more about it, including how hard it is, and what strategies are needed to tackle this subject.

When I was in high school, yes. It's the easiest AP history test. I got a 5, but that was years ago. It's worth taking though.
Tsar of DDO
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 11:27:58 PM

I took this A.P. in 10th grade, & it was the 1st AP that I took, I don't remember it being too hard, just a lot of memorization.
Be warned, some universities like Yale and Stanford will not give you any credits for AP euro, (others may give you up to 9, not sure why)!
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:37:36 AM
At 7/20/2013 3:34:13 PM, YYW wrote:

When I was in high school, yes. It's the easiest AP history test. I got a 5, but that was years ago. It's worth taking though.

OK, how did you get a 5??
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:44:30 PM
At 7/21/2013 3:37:36 AM, GOP wrote:
At 7/20/2013 3:34:13 PM, YYW wrote:

OK, how did you get a 5??

Listened during class and wrote good essays on the test. It's really not that hard.
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:51:21 PM
At 7/20/2013 11:27:58 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

I took this A.P. in 10th grade, & it was the 1st AP that I took, I don't remember it being too hard, just a lot of memorization.
Be warned, some universities like Yale and Stanford will not give you any credits for AP euro, (others may give you up to 9, not sure why)!

most of the top tier won't give any useful credit for any APs, and that's because they recognize that the scale is too large and a 5 on an AP test simply doesn't translate to an A in an analogous course at their colleges.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:52:08 PM
At 7/21/2013 3:51:21 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:27:58 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

most of the top tier won't give any useful credit for any APs, and that's because they recognize that the scale is too large and a 5 on an AP test simply doesn't translate to an A in an analogous course at their colleges.

Depends on the university, but most will give credit for at least gen-ed classes.
Tsar of DDO