Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Should we make The Weekly Intelligent series?

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:56:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Many of us know of imabench's legendary series called The Weekly Stupid. I just thought it would be funny if we were to make the TWI.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 9:45:46 AM
Ive had people ask me to make a 'weekly win' which is kinda what your proposing, but In my experience people are more amused at seeing people say stupid stuff then brilliant stuff....

By all means go for it though, there isnt another web series thingy on DDO that focuses on smart stuff people say..... Its usually stupidity or just general drama.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:16:04 PM
At 7/21/2013 9:45:46 AM, imabench wrote:
Ive had people ask me to make a 'weekly win' which is kinda what your proposing, but In my experience people are more amused at seeing people say stupid stuff then brilliant stuff....

By all means go for it though, there isnt another web series thingy on DDO that focuses on smart stuff people say..... Its usually stupidity or just general drama.

I think I might just go for it, now that it's been brought up. That is, unless GOP isn't too shy to do it or anything.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:27:22 PM
At 7/21/2013 1:16:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I think I might just go for it, now that it's been brought up. That is, unless GOP isn't too shy to do it or anything.

Whoever's first. Survival of the fittest and all that.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:28:58 PM
At 7/21/2013 1:27:22 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:16:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Whoever's first. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Of course, but it is my duty to offer at the very least the illusion of cordiality, if not the genuine article.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:38:04 PM
At 7/21/2013 1:32:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Considering this is a heavily opinionated site wouldn't the picks for the top ten be very biased?

The same could be said for The Weekly Stupid.

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:42:42 PM
At 7/21/2013 1:38:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Considering this is a heavily opinionated site wouldn't the picks for the top ten be very biased?

And of course, there are some things that are objectively intelligent remarks. A couple of examples would be literally everything I've ever said.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 2:10:41 PM
At 7/21/2013 2:04:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
There are intelligent things said on this site?

That's intelligent...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 2:49:32 PM
If you people had any sense I would be on that weekly intelligent every week.
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 2:53:48 PM
At 7/21/2013 2:10:41 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 7/21/2013 2:04:40 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
There are intelligent things said on this site?

That's intelligent...

Hmm, irony at it's finest.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:04:26 PM

Well most of the stuff that ends up on the WS is submitted to me by others, like roughly 60% of all material on any episode is stuff found by others.

It doesn't completely eliminate bias but it balances it put enough so that everyone's fine with it.

Also of you sh*t on both liberals and conservatives equally then that helps too.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:48:17 PM
At 7/21/2013 1:38:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Yeah, but the Weekly Stupid is easier. I mean, it's easier to point to someone saying 'god exists, therefore god exists' as being stupid and have people agree than to any proof of god and have people agree.