Jump to topic:

Slender Man

Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 10:20:27 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
He is the essence of fear; a paedophilic incarnation of the Great Red Pyramid. He haunts dreams, calls upon nightmares and floods the mind and occupies it with horrific thoughts and memories. He is coming...
He is near...
He is drawing closer...
HE IS HERE.
http://knowyourmeme.com...

Okay, that was pretty corny, I admit. If you're too lazy to click the link, I'll give you a synopsis of him. Slender Man, or the Slender Men rather, were a creation on the Something Awful forum that was devoted to creating paranormal creatures. He has since evolved into somewhat of an internet meme, but not remotely silly or stupid. They are truly scary. They have also become a subject of great independent coverage, such as the no-budget YouTube film collection following a man's encounter with a Slender Man while working on a project for film school entitled "Marble Hornets". Discuss him, and express what goes through your mind when you look at the pictures (go onto YouTube and search "Marble Hornets"; I cannot right now because YouTube is blocked at school.) and videos.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 1:00:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I found the Marble Hornets introduction entry.

Search for Marble Hornets and visit their channel. Watch them all, then proceed to the next step...

As a response to the videos, and also a part of the plot, are tokheart's entries. The introduction of which is here. Again, search the name, access the channel, and watch the videos in order of upload.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa