Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Population Control

SummerLynn1977
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:04:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.
Summer
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:00:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nah, we should just let it play out.

Screw having people tell us what to do in terms of whether we can have children or not.
Nolite Timere
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:10:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:00:00 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Nah, we should just let it play out.

Screw having people tell us what to do in terms of whether we can have children or not.

America is actualy one of the lesser populated nations, we aren't growing as we should.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:20:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The growing population is a serious issue, the world should adopt chinas policy, it may be harsh but it has proven efectiveness.
Turn around, go back.
SummerLynn1977
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:22:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:12:04 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
And there is also very little concrete scientific evidence to back up Global Warming.

So... what if there is global warming, climate change happening and we don't do anything about it?
Summer
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:32:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:22:35 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:12:04 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
And there is also very little concrete scientific evidence to back up Global Warming.

So... what if there is global warming, climate change happening and we don't do anything about it?

The Earth goes through natural cycles.

http://www.forbes.com...
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:36:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:20:37 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
The growing population is a serious issue, the world should adopt chinas policy, it may be harsh but it has proven efectiveness.

No.

Let the people take responsibility upon themselves, but by no means should the government have control over such a matter.
Nolite Timere
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:47:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:36:24 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:20:37 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
The growing population is a serious issue, the world should adopt chinas policy, it may be harsh but it has proven efectiveness.

No.

Let the people take responsibility upon themselves, but by no means should the government have control over such a matter.

I'm suprised thats one thing the Obama administration hasn't done...
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:51:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
ANyways, a huge population is something that will inevitably happen unless we literally stop all births or heavily slow them down, then kill people off.

Since logically, that will never happen, we should allow population to play out since it will inevitably happen anyways and no one wants to be told whether they can have a child or not.
Nolite Timere
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:55:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:51:40 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
ANyways, a huge population is something that will inevitably happen unless we literally stop all births or heavily slow them down, then kill people off.

Since logically, that will never happen, we should allow population to play out since it will inevitably happen anyways and no one wants to be told whether they can have a child or not.

Wouldn't want 'A Modest Proposal' type situation, even though Swift actualy did write it to help the people of Ireland.

http://art-bin.com...
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:59:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:55:13 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:51:40 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
ANyways, a huge population is something that will inevitably happen unless we literally stop all births or heavily slow them down, then kill people off.

Since logically, that will never happen, we should allow population to play out since it will inevitably happen anyways and no one wants to be told whether they can have a child or not.

Wouldn't want 'A Modest Proposal' type situation, even though Swift actualy did write it to help the people of Ireland.

http://art-bin.com...

Care to summarize since I don't feel like reading?
Nolite Timere
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 3:14:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:59:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:55:13 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:51:40 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
ANyways, a huge population is something that will inevitably happen unless we literally stop all births or heavily slow them down, then kill people off.

Since logically, that will never happen, we should allow population to play out since it will inevitably happen anyways and no one wants to be told whether they can have a child or not.

Wouldn't want 'A Modest Proposal' type situation, even though Swift actually did write it to help the people of Ireland.

http://art-bin.com...

Care to summarize since I don't feel like reading?

Basically Swift proposes that Ireland can solve all of their problems by eating the children, because he claims those children are only a burden to Ireland. At the end he proposes actual ways to help Ireland get back on their feet. He wrote it so dramatically to get England to see that they where treating the Irish people like absolute scum and low lifes.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
neelam
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 4:38:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I agree that the government does not have the right to ask the citizens to stop giving birth coz that's their personal life. I also agree that it's high time we did something about solving this issue. But, do you think that passing a law to curb child birth is a solution? It will lead to crime coz those who want to give birth will break the law. I believe a citizen should get that understanding and that sense of responsibility arising from within. For that we need proper education systems or awareness programmes, to teach people. Instead of forcing them, you make them understand the need and their desire can naturally be curbed. Some may argue that alraedy such awareness is being spread, that's why we are debating here! True that, but increase the programmes, make it a compulsory topic of study, take such steps that actually people do understand instead of just listening.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:34:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:04:21 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:

There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

The time to start implementing innovative ways of sustainable living is now.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
lannan13
Posts: 23,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 3:48:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 1:04:21 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

The world isn't overpopulated. If everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the entire world population can fit into the state of Texas.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 4:36:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 3:48:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:04:21 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

The world isn't overpopulated. If everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the entire world population can fit into the state of Texas.

No way, really? I think it's more about a lack of food/energy/materials and creating pollution than living space atm, although there is some worry over that too.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 9:12:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:20:37 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
The growing population is a serious issue, the world should adopt chinas policy, it may be harsh but it has proven efectiveness.

Agreed it's an issue, but no Nanny-State Bloomberg type draconian policies.

Let nature resolve itself. There will probably be a big war or some plague that cuts the population down.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
TheUnapologeticTruth
Posts: 40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:18:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah.. Maybe population control for the idiots that inhabit this planet. Us educated folk can sit back with our logic and facts and laugh at the liberals who keep shouting that the world is over populated.

For starters food production has been and is currently outpacing population growth. Anyone gone to the store recently and seen the shelves empty? Trouble getting food? No. Also, the fact that the population is still increasing PROVES that we have the resources to SUSTAIN and GROW the population. If in fact the world was over populated, our resources would not keep up and the population would not be increasing. However, even though I recognize that the world is technically not over populated I do wish there were less people. Then I wouldn't have to deal with as much stupidity.
lannan13
Posts: 23,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 12:11:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/28/2013 4:36:39 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 7/28/2013 3:48:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/26/2013 1:04:21 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

The world isn't overpopulated. If everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the entire world population can fit into the state of Texas.

No way, really? I think it's more about a lack of food/energy/materials and creating pollution than living space atm, although there is some worry over that too.

True, but the rest is just all hype so companies can keep us livin' in fear so we're easier to control.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~