Jump to topic:

Can someone please explain this to me?

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:31:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The human being is spirit. But what is spirit? Spirit is the self. But what is the self? The self is a relation which relates to itself, or that in the relation which is its relating to itself. The self is not the relation but the relation's relating to itself. A human being is a synthesis of the infinite and the finite, of the temporal and the eternal, of freedom and necessity. In short a synthesis. A synthesis is a relation between two terms. Looked at in this way, a human being is not yet a self."

This may be the most confusing thing I've ever read.
#StandWithBossy
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 1:50:24 AM
At 8/4/2013 1:31:04 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"The human being is spirit. But what is spirit? Spirit is the self. But what is the self? The self is a relation which relates to itself, or that in the relation which is its relating to itself. The self is not the relation but the relation's relating to itself. A human being is a synthesis of the infinite and the finite, of the temporal and the eternal, of freedom and necessity. In short a synthesis. A synthesis is a relation between two terms. Looked at in this way, a human being is not yet a self."

Spiritualism mumbo-jumbo is meant to be convoluted so that it sounds nice even though it's literally meaningless.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 2:17:14 AM
At 8/4/2013 1:50:24 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Spiritualism mumbo-jumbo is meant to be convoluted so that it sounds nice even though it's literally meaningless.

haha yeah.. pretty much this.
Debate.org Moderator
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 8:48:53 AM
At 8/4/2013 1:50:24 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.