Looking for bright students to coach!

QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 12:41:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello!

I'm a private debate coach looking for some bright, wonderful students to coach. I have a very wide range of experience in debate and speech both. I have coached over 50 students who have been very fruitful and successful in their debate endeavors. I love coaching and watching my students grow in their abilities to excel in speech and debate. I debated all my years in high school and made it to state many times in many different types of debate and I was one round away from being flown to Alabama to compete in nationals. I am available to teach in person and over skype, I have a very flexible schedule. If you are interested, please send me a message and we can discuss schedules, pay, and types of debate. Thank you very much! :)
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:00:46 AM
After only one month under her teaching I was unbelievably good at debating!
It hardly costed me anything and now all of my debate friends are extremely impressed with my skills! For all of you inexperienced debaters out there, this girl is a must!

At only 10 hours an hour she's basically teaching you for free!

Just call 188-677-9176!
Nolite Timere
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:03:29 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:00:46 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
It hardly costed me anything and now all of my debate friends are extremely impressed with my skills! For all of you inexperienced debaters out there, this girl is a must!

Just call 188-677-9176!

Are you being serious...? Or are you trolling?

And she couldn't help you prove water is wet if you aren't trolling ;)
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:06:51 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:03:29 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/6/2013 1:00:46 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Just call 188-677-9176!

Are you being serious...? Or are you trolling?

And she couldn't help you prove water is wet if you aren't trolling ;)

wHAT is "trolling"?

I iz just nigerian prince, I hav not enoufh water to know what water is wet or not, but please send over money to help me free my people frum there dehydration and teh terrible terrible men who ar ptting my people into slavery.
Nolite Timere
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:17:38 AM
After one month of this program, I went from a size 22 to a size 12 for only $19.95!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:29:39 AM
I have less students to teach this year, and I'd like more. If you aren't interested in working with me, that's fine. But commenting things of this nature are unproductive and borderline desperate. I won't bother you on your posts, so please refrain from bothering mine. I want to help more students become successful and trying to insult someone who is looking to help others in good spirit is a new type of low. Reserve my topic for those who want to skype with me, please.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:35:14 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:29:39 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
I have less students to teach this year, and I'd like more. If you aren't interested in working with me, that's fine. But commenting things of this nature are unproductive and borderline desperate. I won't bother you on your posts, so please refrain from bothering mine. I want to help more students become successful and trying to insult someone who is looking to help others in good spirit is a new type of low. Reserve my topic for those who want to skype with me, please.

I think you took those comments a little too seriously :P
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:44:01 AM
You've probably come to the wrong place. This is an informal debate site. The ethics and methodology of debating are maintained through competition and social status rather than strict rules. It's pretty anarchic. I can't really name any regular members that have much experience in formal debate.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:44:35 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:44:01 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
You've probably come to the wrong place. This is an informal debate site. The ethics and methodology of debating are maintained through competition and social status rather than strict rules. It's pretty anarchic. I can't really name any regular members that have much experience in formal debate.

Crypton has been stalking all my posts and saying the same things. ._.
I'm trying to pay my way through college. v.v
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:46:03 AM

There are a lot...I did, so has blackvoid, raisor, royalpaladin, bluesteel (even though he hasn't been around in a while :( ), Mestari, Zaradi (he and I actually met at a tournament) and many others. But you're right that we're probably in the minority
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:46:56 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:46:03 AM, thett3 wrote:

There are a lot...I did, so has blackvoid, raisor, royalpaladin, bluesteel (even though he hasn't been around in a while :( ), Mestari, Zaradi (he and I actually met at a tournament) and many others. But you're right that we're probably in the minority

YYW and DN as well
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:47:33 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:44:35 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:

You're welcome to stay and debate here (if you do, try and stick with what interests you), but I'm afraid the only real rewards are experience.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:48:13 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:44:35 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:

Don't take it personally QV. This site isn't really the best place to advertise this type of thing (ironic as that may be) and your posts do verge on ad spamming.

I think some members may have thought these post were some type of scam, though I think it's apparent now that you are sincere.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:49:48 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:46:03 AM, thett3 wrote:

Yeah, there are a good number of legit debaters (having done organized debate) here, though they are certainly in the minority as most are very casual.
Debate.org Moderator
QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:50:17 AM
If you think I came to the wrong place, okay.

I'm not going to be deleting my posts or altering my offers so you're being redundant. There's this awesome new thing, it's called scrolling past a post if you don't agree with it.

It's crazy.
QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:52:29 AM
Thank you, Airmax. ^.^
I don't qualify for financial aid so I have to pay my own way.
I really don't want this to be looked at as a scam, which is why I'm offering to speak over the phone or skype or anything else. I really loved my students and I miss teaching so much.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:53:29 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:50:17 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:

I think you should stick around. Teach some of these newbs how to debate. ;)

I'm not going to be deleting my posts or altering my offers so you're being redundant. There's this awesome new thing, it's called scrolling past a post if you don't agree with it.

As much as I agree, some members find it necessary to say what's on their mind and attempt to be funny regardless. Just ignore it. Better yet, in a civil manner call them a jerk and debate them on why that's the case.

It's crazy.

It's the internet, for better or worse.
Debate.org Moderator
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:55:00 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:50:17 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:

It's crazy.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. There are a lot of kids on this website.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:55:49 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:52:29 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
Thank you, Airmax. ^.^
I don't qualify for financial aid so I have to pay my own way.
I really don't want this to be looked at as a scam, which is why I'm offering to speak over the phone or skype or anything else. I really loved my students and I miss teaching so much.

Good luck. I hope you are able to find a way to earn money for college and continue teaching. Put some ads in local papers and advertise at local schools. I think it's understandable that you decided to advertise here, but I don't think it's going to amount to much I'm sorry to say.
Debate.org Moderator
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:57:23 AM
I formally apologize to you, Queen Victoria, for my urges to troll and for your ability to make yourself an easy victim.

*Bows*

But really, you shouldn't take me seriously nor does many people on DDO when I act like this, so don't take too seriously. :P
Nolite Timere
QueenVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 1:57:54 AM
Probably not, but I hoped it was worth a shot. I never imagined I'd get bullied off my own post. I'll advertise in local papers and schools. ^.^ That's a great idea. I've been trying to advertise locally, but I haven't had too much luck. I don't live in a large city, so no one is really interested. I might advertise in Dallas though.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:02:25 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:57:54 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
Probably not, but I hoped it was worth a shot. I never imagined I'd get bullied off my own post. I'll advertise in local papers and schools. ^.^ That's a great idea. I've been trying to advertise locally, but I haven't had too much luck. I don't live in a large city, so no one is really interested. I might advertise in Dallas though.

I wish you the best, and hope you have luck with that.

I really don't think anyone meant to bully you. They were really just trying to make innocent jokes and I'm sure they'd be quick to apologize (as Crypto has) if they thought you felt like you were being bullied. We can be pretty casual here and that can mean a misunderstanding like this happens pretty easily, but I assure you no one meant to hurt you in any way and it certainly wasn't personal.
Debate.org Moderator
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:04:45 AM
At 8/6/2013 1:59:22 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
My ability to make myself an easy victim.

That sounds like quite the sincere apology, thanks. Wow.

He's being facetious; calm down. We take friendly jabs at each other all the time. It's not something to get offended over, and I don't think he intended for you to. I'd say that we're probably a lot better than most forums.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:08:07 AM
At 8/6/2013 2:04:45 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/6/2013 1:59:22 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
My ability to make myself an easy victim.

That sounds like quite the sincere apology, thanks. Wow.

He's being facetious; calm down. We take friendly jabs at each other all the time. It's not something to get offended over, and I don't think he intended for you to. I'd say that we're probably a lot better than most forums.
Nolite Timere
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:12:39 AM
At 8/6/2013 2:07:13 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
I'm very sensitive about trying to put myself out there to help others and have this happen. Definitely not used to it.

It's context related. Saying that you make yourself look like an easy victim is very rude face-to-face, but on a forum it's a light-hearted joke (especially given that your post seemed very out of place). If you stick around and read the forums you'll get a sense of how people behave here.
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:18:21 AM
At 8/6/2013 2:17:18 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
I can't really be mad since I already gained a student :'D

I fit the description, and I could use some debating skills, so why not?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 2:18:49 AM
At 8/6/2013 2:17:18 AM, QueenVictoria wrote:
I can't really be mad since I already gained a student :'D

Really? Who?