Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Are DDO's "Moderation" rules too strict?

PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:45:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:33:02 AM, drafterman wrote:
Are DDO's "Moderation" rules too strict?

No.

And "maths" is a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

That's not the way he was using it. Plus, maths is shortening of mathematics, not an actual word. Similar to how "Will" is short for "William", but not the actual name.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:49:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:45:40 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:33:02 AM, drafterman wrote:
Are DDO's "Moderation" rules too strict?

No.

And "maths" is a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

That's not the way he was using it.

I'd have to see the source to judge that.

Plus, maths is shortening of mathematics, not an actual word. Similar to how "Will" is short for "William", but not the actual name.

Abbreviations are still words, and nicknames are still names.
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:51:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:49:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:45:40 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:33:02 AM, drafterman wrote:
Are DDO's "Moderation" rules too strict?

No.

And "maths" is a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

That's not the way he was using it.

I'd have to see the source to judge that.

Plus, maths is shortening of mathematics, not an actual word. Similar to how "Will" is short for "William", but not the actual name.

Abbreviations are still words, and nicknames are still names.

Sorry, I can't find the opinion. And yes they may still be words and names, but not the real ones. That's what I was meaning to say.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 10:00:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:51:37 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:49:26 AM, drafterman wrote:

Abbreviations are still words, and nicknames are still names.

Sorry, I can't find the opinion. And yes they may still be words and names, but not the real ones. That's what I was meaning to say.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 10:04:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 10:00:19 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:51:37 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:49:26 AM, drafterman wrote:

Abbreviations are still words, and nicknames are still names.

Sorry, I can't find the opinion. And yes they may still be words and names, but not the real ones. That's what I was meaning to say.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

I know lol. Just read what I said. But this shortening thing is kind of a pointless argument. We good?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 12:47:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
To answer the question: No!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 12:57:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 12:47:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
To answer the question: Yes!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
FrackJack
Posts: 1,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 3:01:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 12:57:06 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 8/8/2013 12:47:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
To answer the question: Yes! Yes! Yes!
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:25:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.

While yes, I think that I should be able to use profanity to the extent that I like (and I like my conversations like I like my curry... pretty goddamn spicy), I also think that learning to English would be a prudent investment in your future.
Tsar of DDO
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:59:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 8:25:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.

While yes, I think that I should be able to use profanity to the extent that I like (and I like my conversations like I like my curry... pretty goddamn spicy), I also think that learning to English would be a prudent investment in your future.

Learning to English? Looks like you need learning to English.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:59:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 8:59:12 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:25:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.

While yes, I think that I should be able to use profanity to the extent that I like (and I like my conversations like I like my curry... pretty goddamn spicy), I also think that learning to English would be a prudent investment in your future.

Learning to English? Looks like you need learning to English.

It's an expression... lol
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:10:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 8:59:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:59:12 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:25:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.

While yes, I think that I should be able to use profanity to the extent that I like (and I like my conversations like I like my curry... pretty goddamn spicy), I also think that learning to English would be a prudent investment in your future.

Learning to English? Looks like you need learning to English.

It's an expression... lol

It's also a technique in pool I believe.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:13:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 9:10:56 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:59:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:59:12 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 8/8/2013 8:25:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:10:10 AM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Yes! I mean, seriously. I tried to comment "lol that was funny" once, and it was submitted for moderation. If you look in the opinions section, there is one about 'Maths'. I tried to comment saying that maths was not a word, and it was submitted for moderation!

And here's the kicker: Just recently, I tried to post an opinion, "Are DDO's Moderation rules too strict?" AND IT SAID IT WOULD BE POSTED PENDING MODERATION.

I'm getting kinda annoyed and tired of this.

While yes, I think that I should be able to use profanity to the extent that I like (and I like my conversations like I like my curry... pretty goddamn spicy), I also think that learning to English would be a prudent investment in your future.

Learning to English? Looks like you need learning to English.

It's an expression... lol

It's also a technique in pool I believe.

I think you might be right about that...
Tsar of DDO
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 6:20:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 12:47:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
To answer the question: No!

Oh no it's a fascist!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.