Total Posts:92|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies

johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 7:07:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This recipe had over 5000 reviews. I took 100 of the "Most Helpful" Reviews and Incorporated it into the recipe. Make these chocolate chip cookies and tell me how they turn out/what you would change/mistakes you made.

Ingredients

* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened
MANY Reviewers stated this:

"You want the butter to be very soft, almost melted, but right before it gets to that gross clear, oily state"

"Cut the 4 sticks of butter into cubes and put in a seperate microwaveable bowl. Heat on medium level for about 5-10 second intervals, stirring well in between, for approx 1 minute"

* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages Jello Brand instant vanilla pudding mix (USE THE DRY POWDER IN THE RECIPE DO NOT MAKE THE PUDDING AND THEN ADD IT. JUST USE THE DRY POWDER)
* 4 eggs
* 1 - 2 TB vanilla (consensus was 3 person 1TB 2 people 1 1/2TB, 5 people 2TB)
* 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2/3 to 1 teaspoon salt (consensus was 4 people 1/2 teaspoon, 3 person 1 teaspoon, 1 person 2 teaspoons)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour baking soda, salt, and baking powder and then set aside.
2. Mix the brown and granulated sugar together first in a LARGE bowl and make sure there are NO lumps and it is very smooth.
3. THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU DO THINGS IN THIS NEXT SECTION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Quick summary of order
1. butter, brown sugar, white sugar together, no lumps at all make sure this is well blended
2. Pudding mix
3. Eggs and Vanilla
4. Flour

Explanation - READ CAREFULLY:
In a large bowl using a hand held electric beater, cream together the butter(make sure butter is really good and soft), brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended(cream your butter and sugers together really well and add the pudding mix a little at a time to the butter/suger mixture, mixing well in between.). Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture (Add flour mixture about 1/3 at a time, mixing good each time). There must be no chunks in the dough! Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Chill the dough in the Fridge for 10 mins before placing on ungreased cookie sheet. These cookies don't spread out much at all so put them as close together as possible to save time.

ATTENTION BEFORE BAKING KNOW THIS
--->Chill the dough in the fridge when you aren't using it in between batches
--->Rotate between pans, if you can't rotate and only have one pan then run them under cool water to bring the temperature down and to remove the butter.
-->After the cookies have baked and cooled and are ready for storing. Put a double thick piece of wax paper on top of the cookies and on top of that place a piece of white bread Don't allow the bread to touch the cookies, if the bread gets dried out, replace it with a new piece.

5. Use parchment paper to line cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. They may look like they aren't finished but they are. Take them out 1 min before to prevent over-baking. Key is to look at the edges.

OPINION: Over 5 reviewers said

"Take them out when the edges are even slightly golden brown (even though they don't look done, they are.)"

"you will be tempted to leave them in the oven longer than they should be -- don't"

IF YOUR COOKIES ARE COMING OUT HARD OR TOO CHEWY DESPITE FOLLOWING THIS RECIPE TO THE LETTER then:

1. use 1/2 butter flavored shortening (helps preserve softness) and 1/2 butter.
2. use only 4 cups of flour.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
raindrpdew
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:16:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 7:07:49 AM, johngriswald wrote:
This recipe had over 5000 reviews. I took 100 of the "Most Helpful" Reviews and Incorporated it into the recipe. Make these chocolate chip cookies and tell me how they turn out/what you would change/mistakes you made.

Ingredients

* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened
MANY Reviewers stated this:

"You want the butter to be very soft, almost melted, but right before it gets to that gross clear, oily state"

"Cut the 4 sticks of butter into cubes and put in a seperate microwaveable bowl. Heat on medium level for about 5-10 second intervals, stirring well in between, for approx 1 minute"

* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages Jello Brand instant vanilla pudding mix (USE THE DRY POWDER IN THE RECIPE DO NOT MAKE THE PUDDING AND THEN ADD IT. JUST USE THE DRY POWDER)
* 4 eggs
* 1 - 2 TB vanilla (consensus was 3 person 1TB 2 people 1 1/2TB, 5 people 2TB)
* 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2/3 to 1 teaspoon salt (consensus was 4 people 1/2 teaspoon, 3 person 1 teaspoon, 1 person 2 teaspoons)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour baking soda, salt, and baking powder and then set aside.
2. Mix the brown and granulated sugar together first in a LARGE bowl and make sure there are NO lumps and it is very smooth.
3. THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU DO THINGS IN THIS NEXT SECTION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Quick summary of order
1. butter, brown sugar, white sugar together, no lumps at all make sure this is well blended
2. Pudding mix
3. Eggs and Vanilla
4. Flour

Explanation - READ CAREFULLY:
In a large bowl using a hand held electric beater, cream together the butter(make sure butter is really good and soft), brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended(cream your butter and sugers together really well and add the pudding mix a little at a time to the butter/suger mixture, mixing well in between.). Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture (Add flour mixture about 1/3 at a time, mixing good each time). There must be no chunks in the dough! Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Chill the dough in the Fridge for 10 mins before placing on ungreased cookie sheet. These cookies don't spread out much at all so put them as close together as possible to save time.

ATTENTION BEFORE BAKING KNOW THIS
--->Chill the dough in the fridge when you aren't using it in between batches
--->Rotate between pans, if you can't rotate and only have one pan then run them under cool water to bring the temperature down and to remove the butter.
-->After the cookies have baked and cooled and are ready for storing. Put a double thick piece of wax paper on top of the cookies and on top of that place a piece of white bread Don't allow the bread to touch the cookies, if the bread gets dried out, replace it with a new piece.

5. Use parchment paper to line cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. They may look like they aren't finished but they are. Take them out 1 min before to prevent over-baking. Key is to look at the edges.

OPINION: Over 5 reviewers said

"Take them out when the edges are even slightly golden brown (even though they don't look done, they are.)"

"you will be tempted to leave them in the oven longer than they should be -- don't"

IF YOUR COOKIES ARE COMING OUT HARD OR TOO CHEWY DESPITE FOLLOWING THIS RECIPE TO THE LETTER then:

1. use 1/2 butter flavored shortening (helps preserve softness) and 1/2 butter.
2. use only 4 cups of flour.

*eats yer cookies*
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:33:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Was it necessary to quote the whole recipe?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
raindrpdew
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:50:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
if you are doing this for christmas, its supposed to be complicated. i hate when ppl take the complicated ness outta christmas and thanksgiving. you only have to cook 2 supper big dinners on 2 days of the year. come on ppl. stop being lazy and make that turkey!!
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.

When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

This recipe looks like a fail.
Sorry.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:55:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:50:53 PM, raindrpdew wrote:
if you are doing this for christmas, its supposed to be complicated. i hate when ppl take the complicated ness outta christmas and thanksgiving. you only have to cook 2 supper big dinners on 2 days of the year. come on ppl. stop being lazy and make that turkey!!

But when cookies are more complicated than the main protein, it makes no sense.

Cookies should be the easiest part of the day.

And how many Christmas's have you cooked with a complicated cookie recipe.
You are wrong.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:56:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:46:47 PM, comoncents wrote:
That is the worst written recipe i have ever seen.
You made it extremely too complicated.

Really? Perhaps I should have just left out helpful hints to make cookies. I forgot that everyone inherently knows every trick of the trade.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
raindrpdew
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 12:58:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)


This recipe looks like a fail.
Sorry.

Like i said. Holidays. Supposed to be complicated. as long as you get an extra small turkey youll be fine. haha....hmm. kidding. yeah the money might(will) be an issue but its worth the taste of freshly made cookies. its like the difference of homemade and fake mashed potatoes. bigg difference.
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:04:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:58:40 PM, raindrpdew wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)


This recipe looks like a fail.
Sorry.

Like i said. Holidays. Supposed to be complicated. as long as you get an extra small turkey youll be fine. haha....hmm. kidding. yeah the money might(will) be an issue but its worth the taste of freshly made cookies. its like the difference of homemade and fake mashed potatoes. bigg difference.

Why should holidays be complicated. I understand that they are usly complicated but trust me, they do not need to be.

I have done it for 15 year, 12 of which i did it on my own.
I does not need to be complicated.
And cookies can be made easier and very delicious.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.
If you have 50% you will spend 56 to 68 dollars.

Where did you get it?
Who would have come up with this?

Can you link it?
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:07:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:04:17 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:58:40 PM, raindrpdew wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)


This recipe looks like a fail.
Sorry.

Like i said. Holidays. Supposed to be complicated. as long as you get an extra small turkey youll be fine. haha....hmm. kidding. yeah the money might(will) be an issue but its worth the taste of freshly made cookies. its like the difference of homemade and fake mashed potatoes. bigg difference.

Why should holidays be complicated. I understand that they are usually complicated but trust me, they do not need to be.

I have done it for 15 year, 12 of which i did it on my own.
I does not need to be complicated.
And cookies can be made easier and very delicious.
raindrpdew
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:09:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:04:17 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:58:40 PM, raindrpdew wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)


This recipe looks like a fail.
Sorry.

Like i said. Holidays. Supposed to be complicated. as long as you get an extra small turkey youll be fine. haha....hmm. kidding. yeah the money might(will) be an issue but its worth the taste of freshly made cookies. its like the difference of homemade and fake mashed potatoes. bigg difference.

Why should holidays be complicated. I understand that they are usly complicated but trust me, they do not need to be.

I have done it for 15 year, 12 of which i did it on my own.
I does not need to be complicated.
And cookies can be made easier and very delicious.

If yours used to be/ is complicated, there is no use in "making it easier." like i said, you do a big holiday meal only twice a year. and i didnt mean complicated as in hard to do, just complicated in cooking the big meal, not taking the easy way out by say, using instant mashed potatoes :]
sometimes i wish..i had a kung-fu grip..

-Nick Jonas
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:10:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.

LOL wtf kind of grocery store do you buy from? lol you honestly know nothing about baking if you think a batch of 72 cookies comes anywhere close to a 100 dollars lol.

If you have 50% you will spend 56 to 68 dollars.
Really? I'd love to see where you're getting those figures from. No don't send me a picture of your butt.

Where did you get it?
Who would have come up with this?

Can you link it?
http://allrecipes.com...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:10:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 12:56:26 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:46:47 PM, comoncents wrote:
That is the worst written recipe i have ever seen.
You made it extremely too complicated.

Really? Perhaps I should have just left out helpful hints to make cookies. I forgot that everyone inherently knows every trick of the trade.

Yeah.
I have helped write a few cookbooks, and recipe writing is really hard.

Most famous chefs just write what they put in and the editor does the rest.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:12:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:10:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.

LOL wtf kind of grocery store do you buy from? lol you honestly know nothing about baking if you think a batch of 72 cookies comes anywhere close to a 100 dollars lol.


You listed high end things.

If you have 50% you will spend 56 to 68 dollars.
Really? I'd love to see where you're getting those figures from. No don't send me a picture of your butt.


http://www.google.com...
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:13:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:10:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:56:26 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:46:47 PM, comoncents wrote:
That is the worst written recipe i have ever seen.
You made it extremely too complicated.

Really? Perhaps I should have just left out helpful hints to make cookies. I forgot that everyone inherently knows every trick of the trade.

Yeah.
I have helped write a few cookbooks, and recipe writing is really hard.
Sarcasm, it exists.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:13:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:12:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:10:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.

LOL wtf kind of grocery store do you buy from? lol you honestly know nothing about baking if you think a batch of 72 cookies comes anywhere close to a 100 dollars lol.


You listed high end things.
Oh do go on.


If you have 50% you will spend 56 to 68 dollars.
Really? I'd love to see where you're getting those figures from. No don't send me a picture of your butt.


http://www.google.com...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:14:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:09:17 PM, raindrpdew wrote:

If yours used to be/ is complicated, there is no use in "making it easier." like i said, you do a big holiday meal only twice a year. and i didnt mean complicated as in hard to do, just complicated in cooking the big meal, not taking the easy way out by say, using instant mashed potatoes :]

Gotcha.
But you can still make great cookies for 20 dollars and it will still be great.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:15:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:14:21 PM, comoncents wrote:
Gotcha.
But you can still make great cookies for 20 dollars and it will still be great.

I'd love to see, in detail, how my cookies break or are on the borderline of the 100 dollar barrier oh 15 year experienced chef.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:20:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:13:40 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:12:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:10:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.

LOL wtf kind of grocery store do you buy from? lol you honestly know nothing about baking if you think a batch of 72 cookies comes anywhere close to a 100 dollars lol.


You listed high end things.
Oh do go on.

First i would like to add that i do this for a living and have been cooking in my family restaurant since i was 5.

And by high end i mean over 2 dollars.
brown sugar
vanilla
semisweet chocolate chips
parchment paper
all-purpose flour
white sugar
baking soda

I could go on, but there is no use, your recipe is no good.
(not from a taste aspect, but from a costing and the ridiculous recipe written out.)
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:22:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:15:39 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:14:21 PM, comoncents wrote:
Gotcha.
But you can still make great cookies for 20 dollars and it will still be great.

I'd love to see, in detail, how my cookies break or are on the borderline of the 100 dollar barrier oh 15 year experienced chef.

First, you would need to know what you are talking about.
Second, well, you will never get past number one so there is no need to write out the rest.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:37:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:20:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:13:40 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:12:45 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:10:14 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 1:06:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:57:08 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/15/2009 12:53:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
And your looking at spending about 50 dollars for a batch of cookies, not including the time it will take you to drive to the store/ labor.


When it is all said and done, you spend around 100 dollars.(if your an amateur baker.)

Really Around 100 dollars? I hope you're shitting me.

If you have to buy everything from scratch than yes.

LOL wtf kind of grocery store do you buy from? lol you honestly know nothing about baking if you think a batch of 72 cookies comes anywhere close to a 100 dollars lol.


You listed high end things.
Oh do go on.


First i would like to add that i do this for a living and have been cooking in my family restaurant since i was 5.

And by high end i mean over 2 dollars.
brown sugar
vanilla
semisweet chocolate chips
parchment paper
all-purpose flour
white sugar
baking soda

I could go on, but there is no use, your recipe is no good.
(not from a taste aspect, but from a costing and the ridiculous recipe written out.)

I'm sure you picked up a lot when you were five, really.

First off, in case you failed to read the recipe it does not say "Dump the entire box of baking soda in the cookies, nor does it say that for any of the "High end" 2 dollar ingredients which somehow add up to 100 dollars.

LOL and what are we going to not use sugar in our cookies? are you advocating that no one uses any of those ingredients in those cookies?

Seriously you don't know crap about baking quit pretending like you do.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:38:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:22:36 PM, comoncents wrote:
First, you would need to know what you are talking about.
Second, well, you will never get past number one so there is no need to write out the rest.

Dismissing my credibility for your lack of an answer continues to make you look unintelligent.

But nice try :)
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:44:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/15/2009 1:20:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
First i would like to add that i do this for a living and have been cooking in my family restaurant since i was 5.

Sorry unless you worked at the North Pole Restaurant, I really doubt you did a lot of cookie baking or that any of that experience was relevant.

Seriously do you realize what you look like?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com