Jump to topic:

There's No Such Thing As Ugly

MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 6:25:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Before I began, apologies for my absence. I was busy with work and got a finger infection that lead to me being hospitalized. So, sorry on thay behalf.

Now...

Who are we, but mere mortals, to deem someone as ugly, unattractive, or hideous? I know there is going to be some CRAZY controversy towards this topic but I feel the need to bring it up because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And as cliche as it sounds, it's true. No human being is made with perfection no matter how perfect or efficient they may appear to be. There is no such thing as a 10/10. The closest we can ever come to that is a nine if that is even possible. People who judge others harashly could be judged with the same measure. Everybody is born in a unique manner. But that is just my opinion. If this topic feels boresome, repetitive or nonsensical my humble apologies. I was stating how I feel. Now I want to hear from YOU. What the hell do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree?

Share your thoughts. I'm open-minded.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 10:22:32 AM
Finding someone attractive means you think they seem healthy and compatible with you. Not caring about attractiveness means not caring about the virtue of your partner, I think.. at least to a certain degree. Probably it is impossible not to care, you can only repress your natural urge to be with a healthy partner.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 12:57:41 PM
At 8/17/2013 11:12:26 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
<--- Nigga Please.

Dude, that statement is like so vague.
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 1:01:37 PM
At 8/17/2013 10:22:32 AM, sdavio wrote:
Finding someone attractive means you think they seem healthy and compatible with you. Not caring about attractiveness means not caring about the virtue of your partner, I think.. at least to a certain degree. Probably it is impossible not to care, you can only repress your natural urge to be with a healthy partner.

I agree completely. But this thread was just based on my opinion of people proclaiming others to be ugly and unattractive. But it seems you were associating it with compatibility and health if I am accurate.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:02:13 AM
Well I agree, attractiveness is mostly subjective.

However there is to a certain point, objective attractiveness.

Evolution designed people to be attracted to certain physical features.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:25:27 AM
At 8/17/2013 6:25:22 AM, MrProfound wrote:
Before I began, apologies for my absence. I was busy with work and got a finger infection that lead to me being hospitalized. So, sorry on thay behalf.

Now...

Who are we, but mere mortals, to deem someone as ugly, unattractive, or hideous? I know there is going to be some CRAZY controversy towards this topic but I feel the need to bring it up because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And as cliche as it sounds, it's true. No human being is made with perfection no matter how perfect or efficient they may appear to be. There is no such thing as a 10/10. The closest we can ever come to that is a nine if that is even possible. People who judge others harashly could be judged with the same measure. Everybody is born in a unique manner. But that is just my opinion. If this topic feels boresome, repetitive or nonsensical my humble apologies. I was stating how I feel. Now I want to hear from YOU. What the hell do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree?

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it stands to reason that ugliness is as well. Which means if I think it's ugly, it's ugly. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Also...

http://forums.steroid.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 11:32:16 AM

Now...

Who are we, but mere mortals, to deem someone as ugly, unattractive, or hideous?

We are people who can make observations and make conclusions based off of those observations, meaning we are more then capable of deeming someone as ugly, hideous, etc.

I know there is going to be some CRAZY controversy towards this topic but I feel the need to bring it up because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Most of which are pretty much the same.

And as cliche as it sounds, it's true. No human being is made with perfection no matter how perfect or efficient they may appear to be. There is no such thing as a 10/10.

1) Bullsh*t
2) Its a figure of speech to describe someone who is simply gorgeous, its not a ranking system that is actually grounded into science.

The closest we can ever come to that is a nine if that is even possible.

Opinion.

People who judge others harashly could be judged with the same measure. Everybody is born in a unique manner. But that is just my opinion. If this topic feels boresome, repetitive or nonsensical my humble apologies. I was stating how I feel. Now I want to hear from YOU. What the hell do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree?

If youve ever looked at someone and agreed that you would not ask them to be your boyfriend/girlfriend under any circumstances, then you by default look at that person as unattractive.

So anyone who tries to claim there is no such thing as being ugly is most likely a massive hypocrite.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:22:32 PM
At 8/19/2013 11:32:16 AM, imabench wrote:

Now...

Who are we, but mere mortals, to deem someone as ugly, unattractive, or hideous?

We are people who can make observations and make conclusions based off of those observations, meaning we are more then capable of deeming someone as ugly, hideous, etc.

True.

I know there is going to be some CRAZY controversy towards this topic but I feel the need to bring it up because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Most of which are pretty much the same.

Also true.

And as cliche as it sounds, it's true. No human being is made with perfection no matter how perfect or efficient they may appear to be. There is no such thing as a 10/10.

1) Bullsh*t
2) Its a figure of speech to describe someone who is simply gorgeous, its not a ranking system that is actually grounded into science.

The ranking system was just used to prove that humans are incapable of perfection.

The closest we can ever come to that is a nine if that is even possible.

Opinion.

While that is true, in my opinion, we will never come close to true perfection because we as humans always strive for more.

People who judge others harashly could be judged with the same measure. Everybody is born in a unique manner. But that is just my opinion. If this topic feels boresome, repetitive or nonsensical my humble apologies. I was stating how I feel. Now I want to hear from YOU. What the hell do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree?

If youve ever looked at someone and agreed that you would not ask them to be your boyfriend/girlfriend under any circumstances, then you by default look at that person as unattractive.

So anyone who tries to claim there is no such thing as being ugly is most likely a massive hypocrite.

Hmm. Good arguement. I must admit you brought up an arse load of valid points.
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:26:51 PM
At 8/19/2013 9:02:13 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Well I agree, attractiveness is mostly subjective.

True.
However there is to a certain point, objective attractiveness.
Also true.

Evolution designed people to be attracted to certain physical features.

While that is true, keep in mind that just because someone may or may not have certain features others may find attractive/unattractive, does not mean that they are unattractive in general.
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:29:36 PM
At 8/19/2013 9:25:27 AM, Naysayer wrote:

Now...

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it stands to reason that ugliness is as well. Which means if I think it's ugly, it's ugly. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Also...

http://forums.steroid.com...

You know I never actually considered that. Very excellent point. I just prefer not to use those terms as I find them to be deragotive.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 10:40:54 AM
There actually is a standard for attractiveness.

http://www.anaface.com...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 11:38:14 AM
At 8/21/2013 10:40:54 AM, Magic8000 wrote:
There actually is a standard for attractiveness.

http://www.anaface.com...

Well, I wouldn't necessarily deem someone as ugly as people view things differently. To each their own I presume.
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 11:40:00 AM
At 8/21/2013 9:05:39 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
False.

There is most definitely ugly.

/thread

Well that is your opinion.
MrProfound