Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 10:58:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ingredients

* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon basil
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 shakes of parmesan.
* handful of cornmeal

Directions

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the 1 1/2 cups of warm water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 3 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in 1/2 cup of flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Lightly coat the ball of dough with olive oil (roughly 1 Tablespoon) Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If serving just one person, cut the dough in half a put one half in a zip lock bag. Put it in the fridge if having pizza within the next 2-3 days, if planning to have in a couple weeks put in freezer.
5. Cover your pizza stone/pan with a handful of cornmeal before placing the dough on it. Spread the dough out, when covered put a Tablespoon of olive oil on the dough and spread out. Put the sauce and toppings on.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:01:40 PM
At 12/17/2009 10:58:19 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Ingredients

* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon basil
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 shakes of parmesan.
* handful of cornmeal

Directions

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the 1 1/2 cups of warm water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 3 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in 1/2 cup of flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Lightly coat the ball of dough with olive oil (roughly 1 Tablespoon) Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If serving just one person, cut the dough in half a put one half in a zip lock bag. Put it in the fridge if having pizza within the next 2-3 days, if planning to have in a couple weeks put in freezer.
5. Cover your pizza stone/pan with a handful of cornmeal before placing the dough on it. Spread the dough out, when covered put a Tablespoon of olive oil on the dough and spread out. Put the sauce and toppings on.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

This one is pretty solid.

(getting better)

I would knock out
": * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon basil
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper"

As it would be borderline Focaccia Bread.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:07:14 PM
Pshhh.

That was absolutely the WORST pizza-crust recipe I have EVER read. It's so Expensive and Exhausting and Boring. What sane person would even consider cooking or eating that crust? Just the thought makes me want to puke. And I have experience, you know.

All you really need to make crust is flour and tap water. It's way easier and will cost under 2 dollars if you steal the flour from somebody (which is easy). Seriously, I strongly advice against any of you to go out and make this crust. Nay, I forbid you to buy a single one of those products.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:13:36 PM
At 12/17/2009 11:07:14 PM, Harlan wrote:
Pshhh.

That was absolutely the WORST pizza-crust recipe I have EVER read. It's so Expensive and Exhausting and Boring. What sane person would even consider cooking or eating that crust? Just the thought makes me want to puke. And I have experience, you know.

All you really need to make crust is flour and tap water. It's way easier and will cost under 2 dollars if you steal the flour from somebody (which is easy). Seriously, I strongly advice against any of you to go out and make this crust. Nay, I forbid you to buy a single one of those products.

Bottled water would be best.

But i agree, that would be great.
Maybe a touch of salt.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:16:52 PM
At 12/17/2009 11:14:49 PM, comoncents wrote:
the

"* handful of cornmeal"

was a good touch.

coming from you I don't know whether you're trying to be sarcastic or serious.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:20:38 PM
At 12/17/2009 11:16:52 PM, johngriswald wrote:
the

"* handful of cornmeal"

was a good touch.

serious
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:23:31 PM
At 12/17/2009 11:20:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/17/2009 11:16:52 PM, johngriswald wrote:
the

"* handful of cornmeal"

was a good touch.

serious

what a moment :*)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2009 1:46:44 AM
At 12/17/2009 11:00:45 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
*Awaits an insulting and BORING complaint from comon ;)*

Can't be any more boring than the recipe itself.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2009 1:51:13 AM
http://www.toursaver.com...
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5