Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 11:12:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
* 2 sticks of butter
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Soak raisins in warm water for 10 mins
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Allow dough to chill in fridge for 25 mins while you cleanup.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in an ungreased cookie pan until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
5. Wipe tray off and run under cool water in between batches and keep dough in fridge in between batches.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.