Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Looking for students to coach, again!

QueenVictoria
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:24:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ayyye!

I am a private debate coach looking for students to teach. I have a very wide range of experience in speech and debate, coaching AND competing myself. I was the captain of the Sherman High School debate team until I graduated early in May 2013. I used to compete in public forum debate, and I was one round away from going to nationals in Alabama. I am now attending community college, and will soon transfer to the University of Texas at Dallas to pursue a major in prelaw and a minor in professional communications. I am available to coach privately in person or over skype (probably over skype because of location). I have a very flexible schedule and my prices are negotiable.

Here's my website:
http://evieemergency.wix.com...

Note: The whole "with only one of her classes, I became a CEO and got laid" joke has been beaten to death. If you want to make fun of me, come up with something that everyone else hasn't done.

I look forward to speaking with you! Send me a private message and we can chat. I offer one free session before any purchases.

xoxo :3
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
QueenVictoria
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^

i also think its important. i hate reading arguments on threads where people are so adamant about their opinion that they don't deeply read into the argument of their opponent
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
QueenVictoria
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:49:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^

i also think its important. i hate reading arguments on threads where people are so adamant about their opinion that they don't deeply read into the argument of their opponent

I know! It can be hard to get into the mind of others sometimes, but I think it's absolutely necessary to argue with dignity, and that means being open minded and respectful of others' beliefs. I think if you resort to attacking the opponent personally, you've already showed lack of confidence in yourself, henceforth losing the debate by default.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:51:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:49:10 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^

i also think its important. i hate reading arguments on threads where people are so adamant about their opinion that they don't deeply read into the argument of their opponent

I know! It can be hard to get into the mind of others sometimes, but I think it's absolutely necessary to argue with dignity, and that means being open minded and respectful of others' beliefs. I think if you resort to attacking the opponent personally, you've already showed lack of confidence in yourself, henceforth losing the debate by default.

the way of the bully as i like to call it. when you know you are losing, you decide to force that pain onto your opponent in some unrelated way.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 1:37:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This would be useful for someone who was passionate about improving their debating techniques, I however don't debate often enough to take advantage of something like this.
Turn around, go back.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 2:12:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 2:11:55 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:38:52 PM, Bullish wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

She's legit, hot, and unfamiliar with ways of the Internets.

Hahahahahaha

If that's not good advertising I don't know what is.
Nolite Timere
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 3:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:24:55 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
Ayyye!

I am a private debate coach looking for students to teach. I have a very wide range of experience in speech and debate, coaching AND competing myself. I was the captain of the Sherman High School debate team until I graduated early in May 2013. I used to compete in public forum debate, and I was one round away from going to nationals in Alabama. I am now attending community college, and will soon transfer to the University of Texas at Dallas to pursue a major in prelaw and a minor in professional communications. I am available to coach privately in person or over skype (probably over skype because of location). I have a very flexible schedule and my prices are negotiable.

Here's my website:
http://evieemergency.wix.com...

Note: The whole "with only one of her classes, I became a CEO and got laid" joke has been beaten to death. If you want to make fun of me, come up with something that everyone else hasn't done.

I look forward to speaking with you! Send me a private message and we can chat. I offer one free session before any purchases.

xoxo :3

It's true! I haven't even taken any of her classes, and I have become a CEO and have gotten laid twice today.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 5:28:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 3:21:26 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:24:55 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
Ayyye!

I am a private debate coach looking for students to teach. I have a very wide range of experience in speech and debate, coaching AND competing myself. I was the captain of the Sherman High School debate team until I graduated early in May 2013. I used to compete in public forum debate, and I was one round away from going to nationals in Alabama. I am now attending community college, and will soon transfer to the University of Texas at Dallas to pursue a major in prelaw and a minor in professional communications. I am available to coach privately in person or over skype (probably over skype because of location). I have a very flexible schedule and my prices are negotiable.

Here's my website:
http://evieemergency.wix.com...

Note: The whole "with only one of her classes, I became a CEO and got laid" joke has been beaten to death. If you want to make fun of me, come up with something that everyone else hasn't done.

I look forward to speaking with you! Send me a private message and we can chat. I offer one free session before any purchases.

xoxo :3

It's true! I haven't even taken any of her classes, and I have become a CEO and have gotten laid twice today.

I just had to readher post to become the successful businessman my parents always wanted me to be! By golly if you don't take her lessons right now you are a FOOL.
Nolite Timere
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 5:36:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
But I really did become a CEO and get laid...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 5:40:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 5:36:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
But I really did become a CEO and get laid...

I got laid by a CEO and then I became a CEO and then I got laid by another chick and then she became a CEO and it's like everyone's a CEO and getting laid now what do we do.
NightofTheLivingCats
Posts: 2,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 5:47:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^

i also think its important. i hate reading arguments on threads where people are so adamant about their opinion that they don't deeply read into the argument of their opponent

What outcry have you uttered about my person, you oafish brute? I shall cordially remind you that I was the best scholar in my law class in Oxford, and I have been involved in several frivolous tea parties and courtroom disputes, and I have over 300 boxes of Earl Gray. I am proficient in the Simian school of diplomacy and I am the top linguist in my book club. Know that you resemble nothing in my eyes save for yet another uncultured mind. I will hasten your undisputed expiritation of the world with grace and finesse. The thought that you can retreat after jesting of such matters over the internet is laughable. As of this moment, I am telephoning a mutual friend to negotiate a swift and sure rebuttal to your argument so I would implore you to prepare yourself for the upcoming verbal deluge. The deluge that will no doubt saturate your life with discomfort. You are well and truly wrong, my good sir. My abilities of travel are unmatched, and I can recite over 700 lines from Shakespeare, and that is just from Hamlet. The amount of knowledge that I have acrued is vast, and I shall use it to firmly state my authority on such matters, you rapscallion. Truly, I wished you had some semblance of knowledge on the matter you have brought up and it's repercussions. Alas, you did not, and now you will suffer a fate most dire, you plebian. I shall defecate concentrated dislike upon you and you shall struggle to survive in it's waters. Pistols at dawn, old boy.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 5:51:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 5:47:58 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors

Actually, I have a lesson on "How to be open minded and respectful of your opponent,"
I'm sure you don't need it, but a lot of debaters need to be reminded how to do this. I think it's important, so I encompass it. ^.^

i also think its important. i hate reading arguments on threads where people are so adamant about their opinion that they don't deeply read into the argument of their opponent

What outcry have you uttered about my person, you oafish brute? I shall cordially remind you that I was the best scholar in my law class in Oxford, and I have been involved in several frivolous tea parties and courtroom disputes, and I have over 300 boxes of Earl Gray. I am proficient in the Simian school of diplomacy and I am the top linguist in my book club. Know that you resemble nothing in my eyes save for yet another uncultured mind. I will hasten your undisputed expiritation of the world with grace and finesse. The thought that you can retreat after jesting of such matters over the internet is laughable. As of this moment, I am telephoning a mutual friend to negotiate a swift and sure rebuttal to your argument so I would implore you to prepare yourself for the upcoming verbal deluge. The deluge that will no doubt saturate your life with discomfort. You are well and truly wrong, my good sir. My abilities of travel are unmatched, and I can recite over 700 lines from Shakespeare, and that is just from Hamlet. The amount of knowledge that I have acrued is vast, and I shall use it to firmly state my authority on such matters, you rapscallion. Truly, I wished you had some semblance of knowledge on the matter you have brought up and it's repercussions. Alas, you did not, and now you will suffer a fate most dire, you plebian. I shall defecate concentrated dislike upon you and you shall struggle to survive in it's waters. Pistols at dawn, old boy.

your wording doesn't confuse me and your argument failed because its spelled "accrued" not "acrued"
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 6:08:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 5:40:02 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 9/2/2013 5:36:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
But I really did become a CEO and get laid...

I got laid by a CEO and then I became a CEO and then I got laid by another chick and then she became a CEO and it's like everyone's a CEO and getting laid now what do we do.

As the wise koopin says... KFC
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 6:15:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 6:08:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/2/2013 5:40:02 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 9/2/2013 5:36:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
But I really did become a CEO and get laid...

I got laid by a CEO and then I became a CEO and then I got laid by another chick and then she became a CEO and it's like everyone's a CEO and getting laid now what do we do.

As the wise koopin says... KFC

What does KFC mean? Bitches be saying Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I'm like bitch please that doesn't even make sense.
Nolite Timere
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 9:43:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 6:15:48 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 9/2/2013 6:08:38 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 9/2/2013 5:40:02 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 9/2/2013 5:36:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
But I really did become a CEO and get laid...

I got laid by a CEO and then I became a CEO and then I got laid by another chick and then she became a CEO and it's like everyone's a CEO and getting laid now what do we do.

As the wise koopin says... KFC

What does KFC mean? Bitches be saying Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I'm like bitch please that doesn't even make sense.

That's the joke.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
LevelWithMe
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 1:04:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:38:52 PM, Bullish wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

She's legit, hot, and unfamiliar with ways of the Internets.
That could sound a little creepier, but not by much.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 1:15:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/2/2013 12:49:10 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors


http://aynrandlexicon.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
QueenVictoria
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 1:15:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/6/2013 1:06:31 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
If you can beat me in a debate where the topic is of my choosing I'll take a trial class.

k

A trial class?
Define that please.
QueenVictoria
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 1:17:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/6/2013 1:15:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:49:10 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:46:23 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:44:31 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/2/2013 12:31:21 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i've never liked debating. i just can't stand being closed minded about things. well except tech thats when i am at my wors


http://aynrandlexicon.com...

That was very interesting to read, thank you. I love reading her books.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 1:21:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/6/2013 1:15:40 PM, QueenVictoria wrote:
At 9/6/2013 1:06:31 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
If you can beat me in a debate where the topic is of my choosing I'll take a trial class.

k

A trial class?
Define that please.

You said you offer one free class before I decide to pay for classes on your site.