Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2008 6:10:18 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Discuss how to save money.

This includes

-Cheap meals
-Ways to save money on pretty much anything
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2008 2:32:15 AM
At 11/20/2008 6:10:18 AM, askbob wrote:

This includes

-Cheap meals

Top Tip: Save money on expensive nicotine chewing gum - chew normal gum and smoke a cigarette at the same time.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2008 2:35:33 AM
At 11/20/2008 6:10:18 AM, askbob wrote:

This includes

-Cheap meals

Top Tip. Save money on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to the charity shop. They will wash and iron them and you can go in the next day and buy them all back for a couple of dollars.
knick-knack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2008 5:26:12 PM
Cheap meals-

Krispy Kreme doughnut shop garbage. They throw away perfectly good pastries that didn't "look good" throughout the day.

Wonder Bread garbage. They throw away hostess stuff and bread.

I haven't gone garbage digging but I know some kids that go do it for fun. :D
John Hancock
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2008 6:35:16 PM
Haha while all answers have made me chuckle I was frankly being rather serious.

Currently I have two cheap staples that I've come up with and I'm currently looking for:

1. New staples (food types)
2. And meals to go with my staples (meals made out of my food types)

So far my staples are:

1. 10 sixteen ounce boxes of pasta for 10 dollars and 1, one hundred ounce can of sauce.

The 10 pasta boxes cost 1 dollar a piece. The can of sauce costs 5 dollars.

I get three full plates out of every box of pasta and my can has lasted for the entirety of my pasta.

Leaving me to conclude that each plate of pasta without sauce costs 33.33 cents and every plate of pasta with sauce costs 50 cents. This a cheap easy to make meal that costs 50 cents and tastes pretty well.

Another meal and staple food I have made is my rice with cheese sauce. I bought a 20 pound bag of rice (Kleptin's suggestion) for 7 dollars. I then buy a huge block of cheese (generic of course) for 5 dollars which provides me with a half a cup of cheese for about 30 cents. I then buy a 4 pack of butter for 2.50. Each stick costs 62.5 cents and I use 1/4 stick of butter for every meal which costs a little less than 16 cents. I then steal a bit of my roommates milk (shhh!). I make the cheese sauce which costs 46 cents and a massive plate of rice only costs me roughly 4 cents. (its a massive bag and 1/3 of a cup provides me with a full plate). Therefore 50 cents for a huge plate of rice with cheese.

Give me more ideas. I'm looking into fried rice.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2008 10:33:11 PM
At 11/21/2008 6:35:16 PM, askbob wrote:
bizarre rice recipe
That doesn't sound all too healthy. Try making vegetables in your rice cooker. It isn't hard at all, and plain rice tastes a lot better! Indeed, you can probably get away with less than 50 cents per meal this way.

I dunno much about cooking, but from my experience, fried rice is a pain in the arse. It will never come close to anything at a restaurant, because you would never use as much oil as they do.

My suggestion? Try normal rice with vegetables. It's better for your health, and is cheaper too!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2008 5:32:44 PM
Eat you're own faecal mater. it's free after one dinner, and if you're lucky you'll get a bit of corn in there.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2008 9:51:26 PM
That's not healthy, panda...
but using it as fertilizer for a veggie garden is A-OK!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2008 9:53:33 PM
It says something about the quality of this site that I can only get 1 serious answer to a common question especially upon denoting my want of serious responses.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2008 10:15:19 PM
Knick-Knack gave a fairly serious answer. While krispy kreme doughnuts may not be an essential, there is produce, and that can save money. It's not the kind of suggestion we would expect you to follow, but it seemed serious.
funnybrad333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2008 10:59:52 PM
At 11/22/2008 9:53:33 PM, askbob wrote:
It says something about the quality of this site that I can only get 1 serious answer to a common question especially upon denoting my want of serious responses.

Well when I looked at your previous response, I didn't know you meant dirt cheap.

Yeah, you already are on the right track with huge amounts of non-perishable foods, mostly grains. So I don't know what I could tell you.

I thought PB&J's and any deli meat sandwich would suffice your budget.

Oh, and btw, eating all those carbs isn't the healthiest idea; try to mix in at least a little protein or something.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2008 10:39:23 AM
At 11/21/2008 6:35:16 PM, askbob wrote:
Haha while all answers have made me chuckle I was frankly being rather serious.

Currently I have two cheap staples that I've come up with and I'm currently looking for:

1. New staples (food types)
2. And meals to go with my staples (meals made out of my food types)

So far my staples are:

1. 10 sixteen ounce boxes of pasta for 10 dollars and 1, one hundred ounce can of sauce.

The 10 pasta boxes cost 1 dollar a piece. The can of sauce costs 5 dollars.

I get three full plates out of every box of pasta and my can has lasted for the entirety of my pasta.

Leaving me to conclude that each plate of pasta without sauce costs 33.33 cents and every plate of pasta with sauce costs 50 cents. This a cheap easy to make meal that costs 50 cents and tastes pretty well.

Another meal and staple food I have made is my rice with cheese sauce. I bought a 20 pound bag of rice (Kleptin's suggestion) for 7 dollars. I then buy a huge block of cheese (generic of course) for 5 dollars which provides me with a half a cup of cheese for about 30 cents. I then buy a 4 pack of butter for 2.50. Each stick costs 62.5 cents and I use 1/4 stick of butter for every meal which costs a little less than 16 cents. I then steal a bit of my roommates milk (shhh!). I make the cheese sauce which costs 46 cents and a massive plate of rice only costs me roughly 4 cents. (its a massive bag and 1/3 of a cup provides me with a full plate). Therefore 50 cents for a huge plate of rice with cheese.

Rice and cheese? What a combo! You'll soon tire of that!

Try couscous as a staple. It is delicious and also dirt-cheap and cooks within a few minutes. Just add your favourite herbs and spices to a tin of chopped tomatoes and stir into the couscous, splash on some lemon juice and serve with grilled sardines or fried tuna from the tin.

Otherwise, Chinese instant noodles are also great value and quick to cook. Boil the noodles, drain, and fry in a very hot wok with olive oil, minced beef, five-spice powder, garlic, spring onions and a little ginger. Cook for a few minutes before adding soy sauce to taste. Serve with choi sum or spinach.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2008 10:59:10 AM
haha keep in mind i'm only a lowly college student just weened from momma's cooking.

But thanks for what seems like a delicious selection brian.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2008 3:36:48 PM
Like people above have mentioned, Ramen is a good idea.

Ramen, Rice, Pasta alternating and cooked in different ways will give you nice variety.

About fried rice: The beauty of fried rice is that dicing meat will give it very good flavor. Any small amount of canned meat can be diced up and fried in the fried rice with soy sauce and eggs and make a relatively "luxurious" meal as compared to the other things. Yes, it's quite pricey in comparison too, but you can use a HUUGE amount of rice to fry with just a little bit of spam/vienna sausages/sardines and an egg or two. Thus, it divides the loss to negligible proportions.

Stop using butter. Switch to vegetable oil, it's cheaper and just as good if you're adding milk anyway.

Only use milk if you can keep stealing, otherwise, stop using milk. Cheese sauce can be diluted with water and oil as well. If you do that, and run the diluted cheese sauce over about 3 meals worth of rice while frying it, the flavor stays.

Also, make good use of pepper, salt, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, relish, hot sauce, lemon juice, etc. from any place that has free condiments. Combos of these with any dish can make HUUUGE changes in taste.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2008 9:18:17 PM
Again, excellent suggestions. Every time I head out to eat with some friends (which I do rarely) we all take huge handfuls of salt, ketchup, soy, barbeque, hot sauce, pepper, etc. packets at fast food restaurants. These generally last us for a long time.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2008 8:38:37 AM
At 11/25/2008 3:41:11 PM, Harlan wrote:
You said "HUUUGE" 2 times.

Nope. I purposely added an extra "U" to make them different.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 8:10:45 PM
At 11/25/2008 9:18:17 PM, askbob wrote:
Again, excellent suggestions. Every time I head out to eat with some friends (which I do rarely)

Gotta have "friends" to do that much.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 8:41:38 PM
At 11/27/2008 8:10:45 PM, master wrote:

GET OFF THE FORUMS JOSH NO ONE LIKES YOU
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 8:51:38 PM
At 11/27/2008 8:44:01 PM, master wrote:
No wonder you have intelligent friends.

*Fix'd
joshandr31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 9:07:11 PM
At 11/27/2008 8:51:38 PM, askbob wrote:
At 11/27/2008 8:44:01 PM, master wrote:
No wonder you have intelligent friends.

*Fix'd

I'm pretty sure he wrote *no*.

*corrected* again
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:43:29 PM
/
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 11:14:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Happy birthday Crypto!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...