Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Superhumans

NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 7:20:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I just watched this documentary about superhumans there on discovery which was fairly cool. There was this fella on it who was born blind and was able to paint perspective, a maths genius and a fella who could take a serious amount of cold. Those three impressed me, but then they had a group of people who had different types of synesthesia and I couldn't see much super about them. One of them got different tastes in his mouth when he heard different words and I just wish I knew him and the word to make his mouth taste like sh*t. I'd wreck him. A good show though.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:09:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
My father has it. It's genetic. Do you mean OCD? If you mean OCD, I have OCD.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:14:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
No, I know what it is. That part about COD was directed at Lwerd after she posted her PS3 name. I didn't notice you had posted in between. Why would you think I meant OCD? Thats odd. I also have a mild case of OCD apparently.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:19:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:17:05 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Yes, I play COD Modern Warfare 2.

My names kissmyboot. I must wreck you on it sometime.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:22:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually the girl they had on the documentary was able to remember a long list of words easily due to certain letters appearing as different colours. I can't see how this would help, but it did and I suppose thats kinda super.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:24:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:14:53 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
No, I know what it is. That part about COD was directed at Lwerd after she posted her PS3 name. I didn't notice you had posted in between. Why would you think I meant OCD? Thats odd. I also have a mild case of OCD apparently.

OCD usually comes along with synesthesia in psychological diagnosis. They seem to go hand in hand somehow. But yeah, theLwerd and I have been playing Modern Warfare 2 all day.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:25:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:19:40 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:17:05 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Yes, I play COD Modern Warfare 2.

My names kissmyboot. I must wreck you on it sometime.

Cool. Ours is "Ubermenschen"

We've played with Panda and let4a1, but for some reason, whenever I play (with Panda especially) I always suck real bad. Definitely friend us though, and we'll play a match sometime :)
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:27:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:22:28 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Actually the girl they had on the documentary was able to remember a long list of words easily due to certain letters appearing as different colours. I can't see how this would help, but it did and I suppose thats kinda super.

Nah, I don't consider myself superhuman. It's just a different sort of wiring in the brain. Would you consider someone with a high IQ a superhuman, or a really good athlete or musician a super human? It's just different types of humans.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:36:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:27:57 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:22:28 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Actually the girl they had on the documentary was able to remember a long list of words easily due to certain letters appearing as different colours. I can't see how this would help, but it did and I suppose thats kinda super.


Nah, I don't consider myself superhuman. It's just a different sort of wiring in the brain. Would you consider someone with a high IQ a superhuman, or a really good athlete or musician a super human? It's just different types of humans.

They still have advantages over average humans though, so super is only fitting. I'm was just joking about how synesthesia offers no advantages, even though it does seeing as that girl was able to remember a lot more than normal.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:47:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Actually there was another part in that same documentary about genetically splicing mice with a poda-something and it worked. Given that the name of the show was superhumans, it must have been the splicer who was the superhuman. Playing God is superhuman or something? I don't know where I got splicing from. It probably wasn't the word used in the show, but it justed popped into my head there and I'm too lazy to check see if its right.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:48:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:36:57 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:27:57 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:22:28 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Actually the girl they had on the documentary was able to remember a long list of words easily due to certain letters appearing as different colours. I can't see how this would help, but it did and I suppose thats kinda super.


Nah, I don't consider myself superhuman. It's just a different sort of wiring in the brain. Would you consider someone with a high IQ a superhuman, or a really good athlete or musician a super human? It's just different types of humans.

They still have advantages over average humans though, so super is only fitting. I'm was just joking about how synesthesia offers no advantages, even though it does seeing as that girl was able to remember a lot more than normal.

It usually gives people "superhuman" musical skills, memorization skills, or mathematical skills.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 8:50:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:48:23 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:36:57 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:27:57 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:22:28 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
Actually the girl they had on the documentary was able to remember a long list of words easily due to certain letters appearing as different colours. I can't see how this would help, but it did and I suppose thats kinda super.


Nah, I don't consider myself superhuman. It's just a different sort of wiring in the brain. Would you consider someone with a high IQ a superhuman, or a really good athlete or musician a super human? It's just different types of humans.

They still have advantages over average humans though, so super is only fitting. I'm was just joking about how synesthesia offers no advantages, even though it does seeing as that girl was able to remember a lot more than normal.


It usually gives people "superhuman" musical skills, memorization skills, or mathematical skills.

Usually? So in what way does it make you super?
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 11:50:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 8:14:53 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:

I also have a mild case of OCD apparently.

You either have it diagnosed or not. :P

Unless you are referring to OCPD, which is slightly different, and even less likely to be diagnosed.
NotPurpleHaze
Posts: 239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:10:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 11:50:41 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/20/2009 8:14:53 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:

I also have a mild case of OCD apparently.

You either have it diagnosed or not. :P

Unless you are referring to OCPD, which is slightly different, and even less likely to be diagnosed.

I had it diagnosed. The apparently was because I really couldn't see how the shrink had come to a conclusion so fast and after so little testing.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 7:30:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have a mild case of OCD whenever I'm doing schoolwork or have to go to bed. It was really embarrassing when one of my teachers made a joke about me being "obsessive compulsive." Sorry for working my a$$ of in class and doing my homework more thoroughly than everyone else...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 7:40:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have minor OCD in certain things, particularly rhythm. For example. If a bang my left foot on the ground, I have to bang the right one as well.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:12:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 7:40:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I have minor OCD in certain things, particularly rhythm. For example. If a bang my left foot on the ground, I have to bang the right one as well.

I used to have little things like that. I was able to change myself with "mind over matter." For example, if one eye blinked more than another, I'd have to even it out. Small things like that. Just think of how stupid it is to be doing something like that all the time. It doesn't do anything positive for you in the future.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:16:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol Depends on the person, really. I can only take disorganization for as long as I can because of mind over matter. I go on cleaning binges for hours when I finally crack, though. Sometimes when I wait too long I feel as though I may have a panic attack. Lwerd can attest to this strange habit lol.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:20:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 8:16:57 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
lol Depends on the person, really. I can only take disorganization for as long as I can because of mind over matter. I go on cleaning binges for hours when I finally crack, though. Sometimes when I wait too long I feel as though I may have a panic attack. Lwerd can attest to this strange habit lol.

Omg. My mom just moved some of my school stuff to my brother's room because I have relatives staying in my room. Some of that stuff is important for school next year, like my AP Chem binder. It freaks me out when anyone touches my school stuff. She also moved my backpack and books upstairs. I just had a panic attack because of it. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO TOUCH MY SCHOOL STUFF!!!