Jump to topic:

Need some advice

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:39:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Read my opponent's second round and tell me if I should even bother with an argument. I personally don't know how it is possible to debate what my opponent has expected (5 to 7 contentions for 1 round?) Honestly I don't think he wants to seriously debate any of the contentions but rather to quote old testament scripture.

I don't want to be rude, and I don't need any advice on the arguments, just how to handle this situation.

http://www.debate.org...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:03:08 PM
At 12/21/2009 6:39:30 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Read my opponent's second round and tell me if I should even bother with an argument. I personally don't know how it is possible to debate what my opponent has expected (5 to 7 contentions for 1 round?) Honestly I don't think he wants to seriously debate any of the contentions but rather to quote old testament scripture.

I don't want to be rude, and I don't need any advice on the arguments, just how to handle this situation.

http://www.debate.org...

You can't. There is not enough space, especially now that he has wasted a round, to handle all of those contentions in a single debate.

Honestly, he was fairly unclear in his original post as to his intentions; he is not following a standard format for a debate that he can appeal to; and he forfeited a round. His call of foul is complete hogwash in my opinion.

If you are patient enough to bear with him in his folly, and explain to the rest of us exactly how far from reality he has strayed, you are guaranteed my vote at least. He has been most unreasonable so far; it shouldn't be too hard to obliterate his argument anyway.

On the other hand, expect more of the same if you continue in the debate. He thinks he has the moral high ground right now, as you "broke" his rules. It will undoubtedly be rather annoying...
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:17:54 PM
Don't worry about it, John, his crazy ramblings will be taken into account by us voters ;)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 8:17:11 AM
Well that's over with.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com