Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Voilà

Sir_Logic
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:03:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Lucas.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:20:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 3:03:56 PM, Sir_Logic wrote:
In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Lucas.

An anarchist that is pro United Nations?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:26:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone who is Pro United Nations should seriously reconsider if they care about freedom or not. An anarchist who is Pro UN is absurd and is not an anarchist at all.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:42:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 3:20:16 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 12/24/2009 3:03:56 PM, Sir_Logic wrote:
In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Lucas.

An anarchist that is pro United Nations?

And United States, border fence, medicare, social programs, social security...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 4:01:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 3:26:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anyone who is Pro United Nations should seriously reconsider if they care about freedom or not. An anarchist who is Pro UN is absurd and is not an anarchist at all.

Will you shut up? It's absolutely insane that you guys think it makes you cool to make blanket statements like "if you believe in this, then you ARE INSANE AND A FAKER!!!!!!"
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 4:35:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 4:01:14 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 12/24/2009 3:26:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anyone who is Pro United Nations should seriously reconsider if they care about freedom or not. An anarchist who is Pro UN is absurd and is not an anarchist at all.

Will you shut up? It's absolutely insane that you guys think it makes you cool to make blanket statements like "if you believe in this, then you ARE INSANE AND A FAKER!!!!!!"

Calm down. It is absurd to be an anarchist and be supporting the UN.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 4:38:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol I think that maybe you should ask him why instead of directly assuming he's contradicting himself ;)

It could be something that he agrees to only with the current system (some of my views are like this - I am Pro them because they would work best with our current system and not necessarily because my ideology works with them).
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 5:28:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 4:01:14 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 12/24/2009 3:26:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anyone who is Pro United Nations should seriously reconsider if they care about freedom or not. An anarchist who is Pro UN is absurd and is not an anarchist at all.

Will you shut up? It's absolutely insane that you guys think it makes you cool to make blanket statements like "if you believe in this, then you ARE INSANE AND A FAKER!!!!!!"

Says the man who said: "There is no fallacy. You are just wack."

At 12/24/2009 4:38:07 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

It could be something that he agrees to only with the current system (some of my views are like this - I am Pro them because they would work best with our current system and not necessarily because my ideology works with them).

Good point.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 7:46:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 4:35:20 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Calm down. It is absurd to be an anarchist and be supporting the UN.

I don't care about anarchy, but just in case you've forgotten how to read, he also said that someone who is Pro UN should reconsider if he cares about freedom. That's obviously a stupid generalization.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 7:49:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 5:28:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/24/2009 4:01:14 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 12/24/2009 3:26:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anyone who is Pro United Nations should seriously reconsider if they care about freedom or not. An anarchist who is Pro UN is absurd and is not an anarchist at all.

Will you shut up? It's absolutely insane that you guys think it makes you cool to make blanket statements like "if you believe in this, then you ARE INSANE AND A FAKER!!!!!!"

Says the man who said: "There is no fallacy. You are just wack."

Oh. Your point?
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 7:55:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 3:14:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:
For a second there, I thought you had written that yourself.

Have you been living in a hole? That movie was a huge hit XD
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Sir_Logic
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:08:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I coincide myself with anarchism for the purpose of what could be. Should we eradicate our current system and leave nothing but pandemonium behind, so be it. I believe in freedom, to an extant which are governed by the circumstances to the individual cases had. I am Pro on some of my issues mainly because they work for the system (thus far) but not for my reasoning. My mind doesn't dictate the the ordinance of this planet, though I wish it would.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:12:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 8:08:53 PM, Sir_Logic wrote:
I coincide myself with anarchism for the purpose of what could be. Should we eradicate our current system and leave nothing but pandemonium behind, so be it. I believe in freedom, to an extant which are governed by the circumstances to the individual cases had. I am Pro on some of my issues mainly because they work for the system (thus far) but not for my reasoning. My mind doesn't dictate the the ordinance of this planet, though I wish it would.

Which is what Vi_Veri pointed out, and I understand that's a valid position.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:25:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yep, like how I support school vouchers, but only over the current system. Ideally, they shouldn't be used.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light