Jump to topic:

Gun Violence and Control

Ver
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:12:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What can be done about gun violence? List the pros and cons about gun control.
and give a resolution.
"I want a boy who would hold my hand in line at the mall & make all the girls jealous. I want someone who would sing to me at random moments. Someone who is more goofy than romantic. A guy who would make fun of me just to hear my laugh. A guy who would buy 10 thousand disposable cameras and take silliest pictures with. Someone to lay cuddled up on a blanket at night watching the night stars. But mostly; someone who would be my best friend & would never break my heart. He would just make me smile
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:15:12 PM
Well, I'm against gun control. Mainly because I have the right to defend myself and my family. Also the 2nd amendment and the fact that getting rid of guns really won't help decrease crime.
Ashton
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 4:21:59 PM
They should evaluate people before giving them guns. People need protection, however I think giving guns to just anyone is not a good idea, but I doubt America will ever do anything to restrict guns.
Turn around, go back.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:29:31 PM
-No guns is unconstitutional for obvious reasons.

-Everyone has guns has been modeled to either be very good or very bad.

-Assault rifle bans are protected by the constitution if you ask me since the purpose of the 2nd amendment is to protect against a tyrannical state, I therefore logically deduce that the citizens should be armed with what the government is armed with.

-Psychological testing might work, as I see this as the only logical, non-constitution breaking form of gun control, that if payed for by the government, would have pretty much no effect on the citizens. The only problem is, is that I know of no statistical evidence to support or discredit the idea, so I have no way of knowing if it would be at all worth it.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:02:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
America has a homicide problem, not a firearm homicide problem. We stab each other to death more than our Canadian counterparts.

Second, our homicide problem isn't equally distributed throughout our society. Many states have homicide rates that are actually lower than Canadian rates, while a few states have very high homicide rates.

I'm not being racist, but 50% of homicides in the US are committed by African-Americans, who represent about 15% of the population. If we want to fix this problem, we might want to help them.

Even though civil rights were established in the 60's, hardcore racism against them continued for another 2 decades. If you notice, these era's were among America's most dangerous times to live in.

I'm going to go over some tips that might help reduce the homicide rate.

1. Provide Social Security
Conservatives are going to hate me for this, but a big reason why we have such a high rate among developed countries, is because of our wealth inequality.

2/3 of black children live in a single parent home, almost three times the rate as
white children. Failed policies that support single mothers should be curtailed in exchange for programs that encourage family stability. Working to fix these social
issues is a sure way to more economic opportunity, and that will greatly reduce crime here in the U.S.

It really isn't that hard to fix our problem, crime itself has been on decline for nearly 12 years, and what we need is commitment and devotion in eliminating this problem.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:04:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To sum up, gun control isn't effective in every state. What we need is social security to help those from falling into the poverty line. Poverty leads to violence.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k