Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:33:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
WINNERS:
JESTER (Nails)
RIGGER (Nags)
MAFIA THREE (SportsGuru, alex_hanson911, ToastOfDestiny)

LOSERS:
SURVIVOR (comoncents)
TOWN (mongoose, theLwerd, LeafRod, Clockwork, wonderwoman, johngriswald)
MAFIA ONE (acer, Vi_Veri, mongeese)
MAFIA TWO (Koopin, JBlake, BellumQuodPacis)

Next post will be roles.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:44:06 PM
At 1/1/2010 12:42:45 PM, mongeese wrote:
Most epic fail ever:

acer: "Merry Christmas, for my present, I want to kill mongeese."

yep
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:44:29 PM
1. wonderwoman - Deputy - Town - You are a deputy. You win with the town. Should the town cop die, you will be able to target one person per night. You will get a response "INNOCENT" or "GUILTY". You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

2. mongoose - Cop - Town - You are a cop. You win with the town. During a night phase, you will choose one person. You will then learn the affiliation of that person. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

3. acer - Godfather - One - You are a Godfather. You win with Mafia One. Each night, you may select one player. That player will die. You die if shot at. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

4. Clockwork/Puck - Paranoid Gun Owner - Town - You are a paranoid gun owner. You win with the town. Any person that targets you with a night action dies. The night action is still processed. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

5. JBlake - Doctor - Two -You are a doctor. You win with Mafia Two. You are guilty if investigated. Each night, you may select one person. That person will not die that night. You are dead if shot at.

6. Vi_Veri - Doctor - One - You are a doctor. You win with Mafia One. You are guilty if investigated. Each night, you may select one person. That person will not die that night. You are dead if shot at.

7. LeafRod - Vigilante - Town - You are a vigilante. You win with the town. Each night, you may select one person. That person will die. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

8. alex_hanson911 - Doctor - Three - You are a doctor. You win with Mafia Three. You are guilty if investigated. Each night, you may select one person. That person will not die that night. You are dead if shot at.

9. Koopin - Godfather - Two - You are a Godfather. You win with Mafia Two. Each night, you may select one player. That player will die. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

10. comoncents - Survivor - 3rd - You are a survivor. You win if the game ends before your life. You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

11. BellumQuodPacis - Cop - One - You are a cop. You win with Mafia Two. Each night, you may select one player. You will get a response "INNOCENT" or "GUILTY". You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

12. theLwerd - Doctor - Town - You are a doctor. You win with the town. Each night, you may protect one person. That person will cannot be killed in the night. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

13. SportsGuru - Godfather - Three - You are a Godfather. You win with Mafia Three. Each night, you may select one player. That player will die. You die if shot at. You are innocent if investigated.

14. mongeese - Cop - One - You are a cop. You win with Mafia One. Each night, you may select one player. You will get a response "INNOCENT" or "GUILTY". You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

15. ToastOfDestiny - Cop - Three - You are a cop. You win with Mafia Three. Each night, you may select one player. You will get a response "INNOCENT" or "GUILTY". You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

16. Nags - Rigger - 3rd - You are the rigger. You win if one mafia wins without losing any members. You can communicate with all three mafias as if you were truly a part. You are a third party. You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

17. Nails - Jester - 3rd - You are a jester. You win if lynched during the day phase. You are a third party. You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

18. johngriswald - Nurse - Town - You are a nurse. You win with the town. After the town doctor dies, you will be able to select one person per night. That person will not be killed in the night. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:47:56 PM
Good job wjm.

"[Nags] f*cked me over in the end, as you can see :)"
~Vi_Veri

Most epic quote/win. Note the smiley face, she liked it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:50:59 PM
Not really. In a game with 18 players, only 1/3 of them started out as town. In a typical mafia game, 2/3 start out as town so that the town has any chance at all whatsoever (because the mafia is an informed minority). In this game, the town had not one but THREE mafias working against them. Furthermore, a rigger, and several third party roles. Leafrod, do you realize that there were only THREE townie roles: doctor, cop and vigilante? The back-ups were essentially vanilla (useless) and our last town role of the paranoid gun owner could work against us. I'd say the chances of the town winning were at about 5% tops. I think it was bad planning.
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:52:28 PM
At 1/1/2010 12:47:56 PM, Nags wrote:
Good job wjm.

I think you could have done much better. Once the other mafias had a dead member, you should have told the third your real role and given them the names. You should also have not claimed vanilla, but some investigative role and called out someone from a mafia that was already impared.

Rigger was an experiment to see if it was overpowered. I believe it is.
The other experiment was having 4 doctors and 4 cops, with a back-up for each. No one in the mafias claimed that they were cop or doctor, which surprised me. mongeese talked about claiming cop, but he didn't end up really doing it. He pretended that all of his results were innocent.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:55:22 PM
Before Game (which was after I saw who had what roles)

Initial Prediction: Town Win. Mafia One will be first down.
Initial observations: mongeese and mongoose are both cops; one in mafia 1, one in town.
The same applies to theLwerd and Vi_Veri, except as doctors.

Day Phase One
Result: Nails (mongeese, mongoose, comoncents, SportsGuru, Vi_Veri, LeafRod, acer, johngriswald, Koopin, Nails)
Happenings: Comoncents (survivor) convinced the town for the most part that he is jester. LeafRod accrued 7 votes. The town then voted to lynch the real Jester, Nails.

Night Phase One
mongoose investigates LeafRod.
theLwerd has forfeited his night action.
LeafRod kills comoncents.
acer kills mongeese.
Vi_Veri protects mongeese.
mongeese investigates theLwerd.
Koopin kills LeafRod.
JBlake has forfeited his night action.
BellumQuodPacis forfeits his night action.
SportsGuru kills JBlake.
alex_hanson911 protects SportsGuru.
ToastOfDestiny investigates mongoose.

Day Phase Two
Mod accidentally kills Koopin.
Result: Acer (SportsGuru, alex_hanson911, wonderwoman, theLwerd, johngriswald, mongoose, ToastOfDestiny)
Happenings: TheLwerd establishes her authority and suggests the guilt and association of acer and mongeese. The former is lynched.

Night Phase Two
mongoose investigates theLwerd.
theLwerd protects theLwerd.
Vi_Veri protects Vi_Veri.
mongeese investigates johngriswald. mongeese kills mongoose.
BellumQuodPacis kills theLwerd. BellumQuodPacis investigates johngriswald.
SportsGuru kills johngriswald.
ToastOfDestiny forfeits his night action.

Day Phase Three
Result: mongeese (SportsGuru, theLwerd, Vi_Veri, ToastOfDestiny, alex_hanson911, Puck)

Night Phase Three
wonderwoman investigates theLwerd.
Vi_Veri protects Vi_Veri. Vi_Veri kills wonderwoman.
BellumQuodPacis kills Puck. BellumQuodPacis investigates BellumQuodPacis.
SportsGuru kills Vi_Veri.
ToastOfDestiny investigates theLwerd.

Day Phase Four
Mafia Three hold a majority in the beginning, but both mafia One and Two still hold another member that has to die.
Result: BellumQuodPacis (Nags, ToastOfDestiny, theLwerd, SportsGuru)

Night Phase Four
Vi_Veri protects Vi_Veri. Vi_Veri kills theLwerd.
SportsGuru kills theLwerd.
alex_hanson911 forfeits his night action.
ToastOfDestiny forfeits his night action.

Day Phase Five
SportsGuru will likely be absent through this whole day phase. Mafia Three has to convince theLwerd to lynch Vi_Veri to win.
Result: Vi_Veri (alex_hanson911, Nags, ToastOfDestiny, theLwerd)
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:59:34 PM
The other experiment was a third mafia. I do not recommend that in later games. Nobody suspected a third mafia, even when it was mathematically impossible otherwise.

Having multiple mafias works against the other mafias (contrary to what theLwerd had said). I gave them cops so that they could find each other. I was expecting the town to win for this reason and the fact that Lwerd should have been able to figure it out.

I was also expecting the rigging role to be exposed earlier. Nags should have been lynched upon claiming vanilla (unheard of in my games).
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:01:48 PM
At 1/1/2010 12:59:34 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Nags should have been lynched upon claiming vanilla (unheard of in my games).

I had vanilla roles in Colonial America Mafia, but they were all mafia roles.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:02:46 PM
You'd think that with so many mafia, I'd have investigated somebody guilty.

Mafia Three had an advantage. They were the only ones to know that there were a total of three mafias.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:09:48 PM
Lwerd, you drew too much attention to yourself.

Night Phase One
mongeese investigates theLwerd.

Night Phase Two
mongoose investigates theLwerd.

Night Phase Three
wonderwoman investigates theLwerd.
ToastOfDestiny investigates theLwerd.

You were investigated 4 times.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:12:07 PM
At 1/1/2010 12:52:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I think you could have done much better. Once the other mafias had a dead member, you should have told the third your real role and given them the names.

I would have done that, but I thought that if I won, the mafia would have to lose.

You should also have not claimed vanilla, but some investigative role and called out someone from a mafia that was already impared.

Nah, that would have made someone want to night-kill me.

Rigger was an experiment to see if it was overpowered. I believe it is.

Kinda.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:12:49 PM
At 1/1/2010 12:50:59 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Not really. In a game with 18 players, only 1/3 of them started out as town. In a typical mafia game, 2/3 start out as town so that the town has any chance at all whatsoever (because the mafia is an informed minority). In this game, the town had not one but THREE mafias working against them. Furthermore, a rigger, and several third party roles. Leafrod, do you realize that there were only THREE townie roles: doctor, cop and vigilante? The back-ups were essentially vanilla (useless) and our last town role of the paranoid gun owner could work against us. I'd say the chances of the town winning were at about 5% tops. I think it was bad planning.

No, I agree that it was uneven. I just think it would have been cool as an observer to see the different mafia go at it. The town had no chance.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:13:19 PM
Too much killing power IMO however it was excellently confusing. I personally think three mafia was two many. Had it been the same roles but eliminate mafia 3 and turn it into townies (mainly vanilla maybe one good role) It would have been more even and a little more exciting.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:16:10 PM
At 1/1/2010 1:13:19 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Too much killing power IMO however it was excellently confusing.
I gave each party a doctor in an attempt to balance that.

I personally think three mafia was two many.
Agree, not doing that again.
Had it been the same roles but eliminate mafia 3 and turn it into townies (mainly vanilla maybe one good role) It would have been more even and a little more exciting.

Keeping the rigger and having only 2 mafias, with more members each, would be ideal. And a larger town, of course.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:26:36 PM
lol How could anyone have ever figured out there were 3 mafias because of a "mathematical impossibility." I guess we just figured there was another townie killing role as there were 2 mafias anyway. But hell, no other town killing role with 3 mafias... a paranoid gun owner that could turn against them... eh.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:27:14 PM
There should have been at least a back up vigilante instead of the paranoid gun owner.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:29:10 PM
At 1/1/2010 1:27:14 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
There should have been at least a back up vigilante instead of the paranoid gun owner.

As a rule, I try to only make up one role per game.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:13:51 PM
question: Shouldn't have BQM been night-killed by Puck due to the nature of Puck's role?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:16:24 PM
At 1/1/2010 2:13:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
question: Shouldn't have BQM been night-killed by Puck due to the nature of Puck's role?

I think his apparent bulletproofness probably negated that.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:19:02 PM
At 1/1/2010 2:16:24 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

I think his apparent bulletproofness probably negated that.

Ahh gotcha

ddofans.com
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:57:51 PM

He was immune to night kills.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 3:17:48 PM
I think this was an interesting experiment in terms of mechanics. The game probably would have followed wjm's model if mafia three weren't bulletproof. Also the nature of the game made my cop role fairly useless - by day two we pretty much knew all we needed to. I agree that nags should have used his insider info to reveal the godfathers and then doctors of the other mafia to one of them.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 3:37:42 PM
At 1/1/2010 3:17:48 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
I agree that nags should have used his insider info to reveal the godfathers and then doctors of the other mafia to one of them.

I already explained this. I didn't think that a mafia could win AND I could win. I thought if I won, all mafias lost. Thus, if I told anyone, I would probably get lynched/killed.