Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

PM Game signup

Logical-Master
Posts: 2,538
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:07:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't know if this counts as the game I had registered in the original thread. If it does, this thread is moot. If not,

#1
#2.
#3.
#4.
#5.
#6.
#7.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:14:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Dos
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:18:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 1:16:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So no answer? I want to play these games, but I have no idea how and what I'm supposed to do.

http://ddofans.com...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:21:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
#1 Nags
#2. mongoose
#3. WJM
#4. Lwerd
#5. ViVeri
#6.
#7. Leaf

I'm pretty sure Lwerd wants to play - she'll be back home soon to confirm. If she doesn't, slot 4 should be open in like an hour.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:27:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
#1 Nags
#2. mongoose
#3. WJM
#4. Lwerd
#5. ViVeri
#6. InsertNameHere
#7. Leaf

Insert wanted to play too. If Lwerd doesn't want to play, we can take her out.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:28:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why don't we just focus on finishing Ragnar's games so we can STOP with the PM games and get real forum mafia games going again?! This isn't fair because there's a waiting list of over a dozen people who are hoping to mod, but yet any random person can start a PM game at any time. Ragnar's game has gone on for well over a month with day phases that last far beyond the time limits that he set. Meanwhile, my mafia game was averaging something like 12 hours per day phase. In other words, I know that we CAN move things along faster if we just try. All these PM games are doing is distracting people because nobody likes Ragnar's game to begin with. But if that's the case, we should all just forfeit or somehow find a way to end it, instead of continuing PM mafia games that distract people and ignore the list we've established months ago for hopeful mods. Plus, PM games can be annoying to keep up with. The only reason PM games exist is because the forum mafia games are being drawn out. But how many PM games are we going to have while Ragnar's continues to go on? This is like the 3rd or 4th one. Again, there are still people who prefer regular forum games as opposed to PM games and still people who are waiting to forum mod. I believe wjmelements is next which is retarded since he just hosted 2 PM games in a row. Again, CAN WE JUST FINISH RAGNAR'S GAME, PEOPLE? This current system is unfair in a lot of ways.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:30:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Agreed. Can we just finish Ragnar's game? I think we should all just commit mass Jonestown suicide. I'll buy the Kool-aid lol
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:32:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'll play, because these PM games are going to go on regardless of whether I play or not. I'm just saying that Ragnar's game is not moving along which is prohibiting other forum games from starting. People have been waiting on the list for a long time (many who have never modded before). If we're going to ignore the list that we set up to ensure fairness, then so be it. But let's not pretend to try and be fair about this when we're ignoring the list. If we want PM games to go on, then the people who are up next ON THE LIST should mod them. And plus, I fail to see why we even have to use PM instead of the forum. It's the same exact thing. Using PM gives us the fake notion that we're "respecting" the current forum game but everyone knows that's bullsh-t. We may as well just use the forum which is easier to organize and which more people prefer.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:35:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Eh I was about to start a pm game because I haven't modded yet and Ragnar's game isn't following his own rule of day phase / night phase limits.

This is funny, because as soon as I went to this thread to start it I saw LM's game lol.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:37:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 1:34:33 PM, mongeese wrote:
I guess I'm a back-up, then, if all spots are taken.

You can have my spot, actually.

I think it's really unfair to have these games if we're going to ignore the list. And anyone who plays in them is just promoting that we ignore the list, which I believe was the fairest way to ensure that everyone gets a chance to mod and that there's a waiting line. This is allowing people to just jump and cut the line. There is absolutely no difference between a PM mafia game and a forum mafia game, except the PM games are harder to keep up with. They're supposed to be more fast paced and smaller, but no one keeps up with them. It's not like Epic Mafia.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:39:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 1:35:07 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Eh I was about to start a pm game because I haven't modded yet and Ragnar's game isn't following his own rule of day phase / night phase limits.

This is funny, because as soon as I went to this thread to start it I saw LM's game lol.

Exactly. And why should LM get to cut you in line? He's already modded. And again, wjm's forum game is next but he just PM modded 2 games in a row. I think this is just blatant disrespect to the list that we've set up. If we're going to ignore it, then let's ignore it. But let's not pretend that we're trying to be fair here. If we want to have other games while Ragnar's is going on, then fine, but why not adhere to the list we have?
President of DDO
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:41:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
#1 Nags
#2. mongoose
#3. WJM
#4. mongeese
#5. ViVeri
#6. InsertNameHere
#7. Leaf
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:41:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Aye, take me off, too. Games not really too enjoyable without the gf lol. Plus, she's absolutely right about everything.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 1:55:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought we agreed somewhere that PM games were going to be counted seperate from the forum games.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:05:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 1:55:35 PM, mongoose wrote:
I thought we agreed somewhere that PM games were going to be counted seperate from the forum games.

Yeah, your point?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:06:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Also, mongoose, you need to friend me so I can set you up with your next round in the Tournament of Champions. You're pretty much the only person I'm waiting for and I've attempted to contact you about it many times (even through your brother).
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 2:13:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 2:10:26 PM, mongeese wrote:
We should make a separate list for PM games.

There's no one-at-a-time rule for PM games. I believe there were 3 at one point.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light