comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 3:19:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am looking to update my playlist.

I lift, and do cardio.
I need something that is going to get me going in the gym.
I like to lift, hard core and need something for motivation.

Give me something good.

PS. i know some trolls will come on here and give me renditions of their dream song, "It is raining men" so please skip it.

like this

even this stuff works for me
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 9:29:29 PM
Get better tastes
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:08:00 AM
Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Megadeth - She Wolf

Megadeth - Take no prisoners

Megadeth - Holy Wars.....The Punishment Due

PM me if that stuff works.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:36:27 AM
At 1/3/2010 9:47:23 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Anything metal.

Lol. Of course all the men have to assert their masculinity by working out to metal. It might get your testosterone pumping by hearing other men scream, but anything with a good beat is good for cardio because you work out to the pace of the beat. Techno or dance music is actually best... like "4 Minutes" by Justin Timberlake and Madonna, etc. And please - spare me the "that song is so gay" schpiel.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:39:08 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:36:27 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/3/2010 9:47:23 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Anything metal.

Lol. Of course all the men have to assert their masculinity by working out to metal. It might get your testosterone pumping by hearing other men scream, but anything with a good beat is good for cardio because you work out to the pace of the beat. Techno or dance music is actually best... like "4 Minutes" by Justin Timberlake and Madonna, etc. And please - spare me the "that song is so gay" schpiel.

Bets part about techno? It's free! Just loop the free 15 second sample 20 times!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:39:25 AM
But since we're sticking to rock-type of music, I think Comon would like Rage Against the Machine best. They're good to work out to fo sho. Even cardio. For instance, Killing in the Name Of -- Classic.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:40:20 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:39:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Bets part about techno? It's free! Just loop the free 15 second sample 20 times!

Amateur. Maybe the novice stuff... :)
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:41:31 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:40:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:

It's the exact same effect.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:42:18 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:41:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

So let's get this straight. You're admitting that you don't like (so listen) to techno and yet you think you somehow have the capacity to judge it all -- including the stuff you haven't heard? Interesting.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:44:58 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:42:18 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/4/2010 9:41:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

So let's get this straight. You're admitting that you don't like (so listen) to techno and yet you think you somehow have the capacity to judge it all -- including the stuff you haven't heard? Interesting.

I've heard some David Guetta. And if I took 15 seconds from any given song, it would be the same experience for me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 9:50:49 AM
At 1/4/2010 9:44:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I've heard some David Guetta. And if I took 15 seconds from any given song, it would be the same experience for me.

I love him. But he doesn't represent all of techno. Plus, even if you may know the techno song "Sandstorm" or something else really popular doesn't mean you can speak on behalf of all of techno. That said, there is repetitiveness in every song. Even metal. They play the same chords over and over while soloing on top of it (sometimes) and when they do change the chord progression, it's the same exact thing as when techno changes the chord progression (even if they're not using guitars - it's the same concept) or key, etc. The aesthetics of music usually relies on some sort of consistency. And plus, the point is that maybe the consistency over and over and over is exactly what makes a song good for working out to. It keeps you at a certain pace. Even if you don't like the genre and get bored with it, it does its job as far as working out is concerned. Some things are better done in steady repetitiveness over and over and over... like giving oral to a girl, for instance ;D (which most guys never understand lol). Anyway once you start going to dance clubs (or doing ecstasy... haha) you'll appreciate the beauty in dance music if you can't yet :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 10:06:54 AM
Anyway I still think RATM with Testify and Killing in the Name of are Comon's best bets. Eh, this Kings of Leon song is good too for cardio.
President of DDO
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 10:07:56 AM
I love kings of leon, great band
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 10:11:28 AM
At 1/4/2010 10:07:56 AM, johngriswald wrote:
I love kings of leon, great band

I'm off and on with them. They may as well just call themselves The Strokes lol.
President of DDO
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 10:17:29 AM
another band I love. But I started liking them long before they were popular. I tend to like their earlier work although some of the Kings of Leon's later works are alright.

ddofans.com
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 10:36:06 AM
You want a workout you say?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 11:04:49 AM
Thees songs Ima just put cause videos have explicit content:

Ludacris-Get Back

Ludacris-Move "the word for female dog"
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
numa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 12:49:02 PM
i work out to dance music like madonna, britney spears and beyonce even though i mostly listen to rock music. i love rock but it just doesn't get me in the mood to work out. i need to feel energized, not angry.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 1:18:44 PM
At 1/4/2010 12:49:02 PM, numa wrote:
i work out to dance music like madonna, britney spears and beyonce even though i mostly listen to rock music. i love rock but it just doesn't get me in the mood to work out. i need to feel energized, not angry.

Anger evolved to pump you full of the perfect chemicals to chase down an enemy and smash their skull with a rock.

That is a form of exercise you know, and more-- civilized-- exercise can make use of the same chemicals.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 1:25:00 PM
Besides, there's rock that isn't angry, even metal. Sometimes it doesn't sound like it at first blush though. White Zombie's music is essentially devoid of anger.
numa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 1:56:13 PM
At 1/4/2010 1:18:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Anger evolved to pump you full of the perfect chemicals to chase down an enemy and smash their skull with a rock.

That is a form of exercise you know, and more-- civilized-- exercise can make use of the same chemicals.

well i guess like lwerd says it comes down to certain gender differences or maybe even just personality differences. wanting to smash someone's skull with a rock does not motivate me, but i can see how it might motivate others. the only thing that keeps me motivated is being distracted to the point where i'm not noticing how painful the work out is lol. so if i'm listening to my ipod and singing along "if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it" which is uppity and makes me smile, then i can bear through the grunt work, so to speak.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 8:35:40 PM
Songs by We came as romans, are good. I have a lot of good bands just dunno which ones are good to work out to. lol
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2010 8:38:51 PM
And it depends on if you like a bit of screamo.. lol
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2010 10:09:54 AM
Laser Cannon Deth Sentence.
It sure gets me pumped up.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa