Jump to topic:

National debt REVALATION.

resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:07:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Since WWII we've been building the worst and most hopeless debt compilation ever seen in the history of the human race. We've tried hundreds of thousands of possible solutions and have succeeded in only increasing the rate that our debt is growing. What in the name of all that is good and holy save us from this monetary Frankenstein?!

Let's try not spending the money that we don't have. If we can't afford it then don't FREAKIN' BUY IT!!!

We give our politicians so much power over our money because they say that they are going to run the nation in a very businesslike manner and preserve funds. It's a lie. They can't. The government is based and run in a way to provide protections and an ideal national environment (so they say). They put power, loyalty, ideals, and above all agendas at the top of their priority list, but to make a profit and succeed monetarily you must do what any successful buisness does. You need to analyze whether or not an elected official is actually good at what they do, and if the decisions you are about to make are actually profitable.

Our government is populated with blow hards pushing agendas and this the fastest way to lose a profit. Until that is reconciled, the national debt will continue to grow faster than the world population at an exponential rate.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:13:47 PM
If the money is invested in things bound to give a profit, you can get out of the deficit. There's only so much you can cut.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:14:43 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:07:22 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
Since WWII we've been building the worst and most hopeless debt compilation ever seen in the history of the human race. We've tried hundreds of thousands of possible solutions and have succeeded in only increasing the rate that our debt is growing. What in the name of all that is good and holy save us from this monetary Frankenstein?!

Let's try not spending the money that we don't have. If we can't afford it then don't FREAKIN' BUY IT!!!

We give our politicians so much power over our money because they say that they are going to run the nation in a very businesslike manner and preserve funds. It's a lie. They can't. The government is based and run in a way to provide protections and an ideal national environment (so they say). They put power, loyalty, ideals, and above all agendas at the top of their priority list, but to make a profit and succeed monetarily you must do what any successful buisness does. You need to analyze whether or not an elected official is actually good at what they do, and if the decisions you are about to make are actually profitable.

Our government is populated with blow hards pushing agendas and this the fastest way to lose a profit. Until that is reconciled, the national debt will continue to grow faster than the world population at an exponential rate.

10/10
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:15:56 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:13:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If the money is invested in things bound to give a profit, you can get out of the deficit. There's only so much you can cut.

"Bound to give a profit"? Like that's worked. Foreign aid to Africa brings profit? A war on poverty to perpetuate poverty is profit? The call is for controlled spending with profit in mind, which is nothing like our government today.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:17:42 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:15:56 PM, mongeese wrote:

"Bound to give a profit"? Like that's worked. Foreign aid to Africa brings profit? A war on poverty to perpetuate poverty is profit? The call is for controlled spending with profit in mind, which is nothing like our government today.

Strawman. I never said those things gave a profit. Investing in industry might give profit. I'm not an economist. But it's logical that if you have 1,000,000, and investing it will give 2,000,000, you should do it.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:29:51 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:17:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Strawman. I never said those things gave a profit. Investing in industry might give profit. I'm not an economist. But it's logical that if you have 1,000,000, and investing it will give 2,000,000, you should do it.

You are right, but at the current debt we don't have to. Cut out NASA (for ever), a single appeals court circuit(for ever, there's enough already), pork-barrel spending (for only two years), Obama (just kidding), No Child Left Behind (for five years), The economic stimulus(for five years), and only 30 days of ANY federal subsidies on anything and you will pay off the national debt and a 5% interest rate in five years.

sounds plausible wouldn't you say? (added it up my self) just look at the Congress funds appropriation report this year.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:31:39 PM
I should have posted this in politics.
oops
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:31:42 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:29:51 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
At 1/10/2010 2:17:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

You are right, but at the current debt we don't have to. Cut out NASA (for ever), a single appeals court circuit(for ever, there's enough already), pork-barrel spending (for only two years), Obama (just kidding), No Child Left Behind (for five years), The economic stimulus(for five years), and only 30 days of ANY federal subsidies on anything and you will pay off the national debt and a 5% interest rate in five years.

sounds plausible wouldn't you say? (added it up my self) just look at the Congress funds appropriation report this year.

Let's see those figures.

As for NASA, no. Eventually this planet will die, and it's better to find another world sooner than later.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:33:35 PM
Thanks for the 10/10 but it's really common sense. (hey somebody PM that guy he might like this) You should read Glenn Beck's book: "Arguing with idiots"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:36:51 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:33:35 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
Thanks for the 10/10 but it's really common sense. (hey somebody PM that guy he might like this) You should read Glenn Beck's book: "Arguing with idiots"

No it isn't. Saying "X+Y=Z" isn't common sense until you can prove it. Agn, let's see those figures.

And Glenn Beck is a humorist before he's a political commentator. I pity anyone who uses him as proof.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:36:53 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:31:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Let's see those figures.

sure they are in the feds website. it should be easy to find.

As for NASA, no. Eventually this planet will die, and it's better to find another world sooner than later.

by your belief yes, but I'm a Christian and so I think that will end differently. Regardless, there are other programs that could add up to NASA's budget that are equally excessive. You can look that up your self.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:37:06 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:36:51 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

No it isn't. Saying "X+Y=Z" isn't common sense until you can prove it. Again, let's see those figures.

And Glenn Beck is a humorist before he's a political commentator. I pity anyone who uses him as proof.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:38:32 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:36:53 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
At 1/10/2010 2:31:42 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Let's see those figures.

sure they are in the feds website. it should be easy to find.

You said you added it up. Besides, there's a knock on effects for industries that make NASA equipment, etc.

by your belief yes, but I'm a Christian and so I think that will end differently. Regardless, there are other programs that could add up to NASA's budget that are equally excessive. You can look that up your self.

Like all suns, our sun will eventually die out. We're better off following scientists than some old book. Ergo, let NASA get us to our new home.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:38:46 PM

No it isn't. Saying "X+Y=Z" isn't common sense until you can prove it. Agn, let's see those figures.

I posted before I saw the gimme proof thing and I only say you'll enjoy his book. I didn't actually reference him on that one. Either way, there's your proof.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:40:14 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:38:46 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:

I posted before I saw the gimme proof thing and I only say you'll enjoy his book. I didn't actually reference him on that one. Either way, there's your proof.

Glenn Beck =/= A reliable source
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:42:43 PM
as I said. you can replace NASA with any other equally budgeted program that you believe is worthless. Actually I'm looking at my old economics book and it has a govenment tax graph that compares the tiered income tax rate to a flat tax and a flat tax would save quite a pretty penny. I can't follow its sources though so it might not be that accurate.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:44:22 PM
Sorry not save a penny but increase revenue by a whopping 25%.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 2:48:54 PM
The answer isn't to totally destroy various departments, but rather reorganise them to cut out the unnecessary fat and bureaucracy.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 3:02:58 PM
that's exactly what every politician who didn't save us money ever said.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 3:03:14 PM
At 1/10/2010 2:48:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
The answer isn't to totally destroy various departments, but rather reorganise them to cut out the unnecessary fat and bureaucracy.

But some of it is 100% unnecessary fat.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 3:04:46 PM
At 1/10/2010 3:03:14 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 1/10/2010 2:48:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

But some of it is 100% unnecessary fat.

AMEN. (like No child left behind)
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 3:05:23 PM
by the way. I've got another revelation up
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 3:08:38 PM
At 1/10/2010 3:05:23 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
by the way. I've got another revelation up

Sop with all your little revelations. they're not even in the right forum to start with. Start a blog.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:57:36 PM
sorry but this is my only outlet of political opinion. if you wish them to end then don't read them. I'm done for a few days any way.