Debate of the Month

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 9:34:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Introduction

I proposed in my campaign that DDO introduce a "Debate of the Month" feature to reward excellent debates and debaters. Having thought more on the idea, I approached TUF and we worked together to put together this program, detailed below. I sincerely hope it becomes a platform to honor our many the stellar members and praiseworthy debates here on DDO.

Premise

Members will nominate and vote on debates that they believe should be honored. The three highest vote-getting debaters, debates, and voters will receive recognition similar to that of the Hall of Fame.

Restrictions and Rules

One important thing to mention is that awards would be announced the month after. For example, voting for the July awards would occur August first through fifth, and the winners would be announced on the sixth.

The only restrictions on nominations would be:

1. That the debates must have finished during the month for which the awards are being presented (i.e. to receive a July award it must have finished in July of that year)
2. That the debaters must have participated in at least one debate during the month in question
3. That the voters must have voted on at least one debate during the month in question

Implementation

Since December is nearly over, I would try to have this month be the first for which this program is conducted.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 9:36:07 PM
At 12/20/2013 9:34:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Introduction

I proposed in my campaign that DDO introduce a "Debate of the Month" feature to reward excellent debates and debaters. Having thought more on the idea, I approached TUF and we worked together to put together this program, detailed below. I sincerely hope it becomes a platform to honor our many the stellar members and praiseworthy debates here on DDO.

Premise

Members will nominate and vote on debates that they believe should be honored. The three highest vote-getting debaters, debates, and voters will receive recognition similar to that of the Hall of Fame.

Restrictions and Rules

One important thing to mention is that awards would be announced the month after. For example, voting for the July awards would occur August first through fifth, and the winners would be announced on the sixth.

1. That the debates must have finished during the month for which the awards are being presented (i.e. to receive a July award it must have finished in July of that year)
2. That the debaters must have participated in at least one debate during the month in question
3. That the voters must have voted on at least one debate during the month in question

Implementation

Since December is nearly over, I would try to have this month be the first for which this program is conducted.

In my opinion, you don't need to look any further than your abortion debate.

I nominate:

http://www.debate.org...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 9:36:54 PM
At 12/20/2013 9:36:07 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Introduction

Premise

Restrictions and Rules

Implementation

In my opinion, you don't need to look any further than your abortion debate.

I nominate:

Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:12:41 AM
Introduction

Premise

'Similar'? IT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME

Restrictions and Rules

Implementation

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 12:47:46 AM
Introduction

Premise

Restrictions and Rules

This is dumb. Many of the top members on this site are passed their debating stage.

Implementation

Nolite Timere
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 7:28:11 PM
At 12/21/2013 12:47:46 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Introduction

Premise

Restrictions and Rules

This is dumb. Many of the top members on this site are passed their debating stage.

Crypto, it's a "Debate/Debater of the Month." We're honoring debate the took place that month. Many of the top members you're referring to can be nominated for or found in the H of F.

Implementation

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 7:28:47 PM
At 12/21/2013 12:12:41 AM, imabench wrote:
Introduction

Premise

'Similar'? IT SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME

No bios, less prestige

Restrictions and Rules

Implementation

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 7:06:06 PM
Well I think this is a great idea! It might also help improve the voting, because hopefully people will start looking at voting more to see who is putting out good contests. It also gives some of us a chance to say something nice !