MAFIA: Day Phase One!

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 9:01:12 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Here's the rules.

1. Votes to lynch must be in bold or they won't be counted. (Because it's sometimes hard to tell what's an actual vote and what's just discussion of where you're leaning.

2. Please unvote (in bold) before casting a new vote.

3. To lynch requires that one player has votes from more than half of the current players. Once the player has the required number of votes, they're gone. For instance, beginning with 9 players, 5 votes will be necessary for the first day's lynching.

4. You may vote for a "no lynch". A vote of this kind from more than half of the current players is required to end the day without kicking anyone off the show.

5. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread, unless your role or a PM from me says that you may do so (villains can talk to villains, but good guys can't talk to good guys unless I say otherwise). This continues to apply after you're killed and until the game is over. Obviously I won't know if you're PMing about this game, but it's not advisable for your sake either. You never know who you can trust. In addition, if I manage to come across conclusive evidence of cheating of any sort (I have to be able to inspect the actual evidence. Don't even think about merely sending me a quote), I shall do one of the following: 1) I shall disallow the player(s) involved from voting for the remainder of the game. 2) Modkill the player(s) involved.

6. Only current players may post in this game.

7. DO NOT quote your role or any other PMs from me. To do so will result in automatic modkill. You're free to claim your role, if you wish, and to paraphrase a PM from me (since the players would be free to believe these claims or not)

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours, please post a notification in the thread. Please treat this game as a semi-serious commitment to the other players and contribute regularly.

9. Please do your part to make the game enjoyable for everyone. Abuse of other players (that's not in good fun) will probably not be tolerated.

10. If you have any questions, PM me!

11. The game will begin with the DAY PHASE, so that everyone has a chance to play at least a little. Days last as long as it takes for the required number of votes for lynching or no lynching. Nights will probably last around four or five hours or so, so be checking this frequently.

If a Day ends in the middle of the actual night, for whatever reason, Night will probably last a little longer since I realize plenty of people will be asleep. I'm not going to be a total hardass about it, and the four or five hours is just a general guideline.

12. All times referred to are CENTRAL STANDARD times. Keep this in mind.

ACTIVE PLAYERS:

#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.manutdredseal46
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. brian_eggleston
#9. Johnicle

DECEASED:

None Yet.

Alright everyone . . . One for the money . . . Two for the show . . . ready to get set . . . AND HERE WE GO!
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 9:08:13 AM
EDIT ON ACTIVE PLAYERS LIST:

#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.manutdredseal46
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. brian_eggleston
#9. Johnicle
#10. I-am-a-panda
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:15:37 AM
At 11/27/2008 9:08:13 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
EDIT ON ACTIVE PLAYERS LIST:

#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.manutdredseal46
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. brian_eggleston
#9. Johnicle
#10. I-am-a-panda

I'm voting to lynch manutdredseal46. Mostly to get things started and because I don't like his name ;D
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:40:29 AM

#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.manutdredseal46
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. brian_eggleston
#9. Johnicle
#10. I-am-a-panda

Ill vote for manutdredseal46 because the guy before me did
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:48:39 AM
I will UNVOTE because I will not kill a beatles fan.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:50:20 AM
At 11/27/2008 10:40:29 AM, ournamestoolong wrote:

#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.manutdredseal46
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. brian_eggleston
#9. Johnicle
#10. I-am-a-panda

I change my vote to InquireTruth to help get the game going.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 10:53:41 AM
manutdredseal46: 1 (Johnicle, ): 5 more votes needed to lynch.

No Lynch: 1 (InquireTruth): 5 more votes needed to initiate

InquireTruth: 1 (ournamestoolong): 5 more votes needed to lynch.
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 11:06:45 AM
At 11/27/2008 10:53:41 AM, Logical-Master wrote:
manutdredseal46: 1 (Johnicle, ): 5 more votes needed to lynch.

No Lynch: 1 (InquireTruth): 5 more votes needed to initiate

InquireTruth: 1 (ournamestoolong): 5 more votes needed to lynch.

I change my vote to InquireTruth b/c he has better hair than me ;)
InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 11:51:05 AM
Hmm, a decision based on hair. This seems characteristic of the Mafia. Therefore I feel I have ascertained adequate evidence to Change my vote to Johnicle. The eerie uniformity of Johnicle and manutdredseal46 is more than suspicious.
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 11:58:36 AM
At 11/27/2008 11:51:05 AM, InquireTruth wrote:
Hmm, a decision based on hair. This seems characteristic of the Mafia. Therefore I feel I have ascertained adequate evidence to Change my vote to Johnicle. The eerie uniformity of Johnicle and manutdredseal46 is more than suspicious.

sorry L-M, but I'm going to have to change my vote again. I would have to agree with InquireTruth. I'm going to change my vote to Johnicle.

(p.s.: I know it's for myself so don't think that I forgot I'm on the wrong account or something. This is my account. It's a strategie. ;)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 12:25:23 PM
I would like to vote to lynch InquireTruth because I am a mafia member has just described himself stupidly as one of the townspersons by lynching a mafia member.

Or maybe I'm lynching InquireTruth because I am a Townsperson and he is a mafia member and this is his attempt to outwit the townspeople by bluntly declaring he is a townsperson.

Or maybe I'm lynching InquireTruth because he is a townsperson and I am part of the Mafia and InquireTruth knows everyone is already suspicous and by lynching a mafia and making it obvious he is a townsperson he believes other mafia members will assume his trick and believe he is one of the mafia which incidentally fools when in reality he is a townsperson.

Or maybe I'm lynching InquireTruth because he is merely trying to cause open confusion by making this declaration.

Reguardless, I am voting to lynch InquireTruth.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 1:29:36 PM
lol. I did not bluntly declare that I was a town person.

ASKBOB, you are gravely mistaken! If be thou townsman, let not thy blood henceforth be upon your hands. If be you Mafia, do not retracteth thou vote, for I will die a martyrs death for the sake of identifying a member of the mob and warning my fellow man!
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 1:34:30 PM

Agreeing with InquireTruth, I will also vote to vote to lynch Johnicle. However, I do want to stress several things:

1. We don't know anything about each other in this game (in terms of how we play Mafia). Some are aggressive, some are passive, some just playfully accuse people randomly. So really, we're voting off Johnicle based on a hunch.

2. Since the first Day is usually the hardest day to actually find the Mafia (there are no Night phase kills to base evidence off on) if nothing conclusive or even relatively conclusive comes up, then I suggest we kill off the weakest player first. Until anything else arises, my vote stays for Johnicle.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 4:39:43 PM
InquireTruth: 2 (ournamestoolong, askbob): 5 more votes needed to lynch.

Johnicle: 3 (Johnicle, InquireTruth, TheSkeptic): 3 more votes needed to lynch.
manutdredseal46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 5:16:03 PM
I don't understand why Johnicle doesn't like my name and I won't say that I particularly like his. I vote to lynch askbob (no hard feeling, just a hunch)

Also:

I WANT NUMBER 8 OR 46 NOT NUMBER 3
-ManUtdRedSeal46
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 5:37:15 PM
manutdred is obviously a mafia member

I'm a townsperson

Or am I lying?

Or am I lying about lying?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
manutdredseal46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 5:53:02 PM
Sorry for double post.

Ournamestoolong: I am not a Beatles fan. I picked them because they were the best choice. They are good in my opinion but I do not consider myself a fan. Coldplay.
-ManUtdRedSeal46
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 5:53:46 PM

askbob: 1 (manutdredseal46): 5 more votes needed to lynch

No Lynch: 1 (JBlake): 5 more votes needed to initiate
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 5:57:07 PM
#1. askbob
#2. ournamestoolong
#3.brian_eggleston
#4. TheSkeptic
#5. JBlake
#6. Harlan
#7. InquireTruth
#8. manutdredseal46
#9. Johnicle
#10. I-am-a-panda

Fix'd
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 7:29:22 PM
At 11/27/2008 5:53:46 PM, Logical-Master wrote:

I'm changing my vote back to InquireTruth ... This is the last time. I can't believe I let the hair thing go.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 7:55:15 PM
At 11/27/2008 7:29:22 PM, Johnicle wrote:
At 11/27/2008 5:53:46 PM, Logical-Master wrote:

I'm changing my vote back to InquireTruth ... This is the last time. I can't believe I let the hair thing go.

Change to Johnicle.
manutdredseal46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 7:57:46 PM

Eerie uniformity?
-ManUtdRedSeal46
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2008 8:55:49 PM
Change vote to lynch I-am-a-panda because he hasn't posted.