Jump to topic:

Ban the Weekly Stupid from DDO

Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 7:54:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"...so if enough members were to contact me saying that they want it gone I would certainly reconsider my position" - Airmax 1227

This thread is NOT about attacking Imabench. This thread IS about campaigning to remove his hateful show from DDO.

Imabench's show, The Weekly Stupid, is a device in which Imabench bullies anyone whom has a different opinion to him. He often claims that his conduct involves exposing obviously stupid comments, which isn't entirely true, as he often attacks the people directly too. His method of showing that the comments are stupid, is to extract the superficial interpretation, often missing the meaning of the comment altogether.

There is no good that comes about in calling people stupid. This kind of bullying should not be tolerated anywhere.

Freedom of Speech should be preserved, but shows that abuse our liberties to incessantly lambast people making unpopular opinions, like The Weekly Stupid, need to be banished. You can, and should, voice disapproval in a far more civil manner.

Come and show your support to remove the show by posting in this thread!
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:01:22 PM
I really don't agree with this, but would be willing to consider it reasonable if you gave some direct quotes from imabench that showed the WS is hateful.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:02:42 PM
We've had this discussion before, and it's already being hashed out in another thread. I'm inclined to think that the OP is a multi-account with a vendetta wish against Bench.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:15:07 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:01:22 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I really don't agree with this, but would be willing to consider it reasonable if you gave some direct quotes from imabench that showed the WS is hateful.

For number 2:

"It's hard to one-up BornofGod on religious, conspiracy crap."
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
STALIN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:18:09 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:15:07 PM, Caploxion wrote:

For number 2:

Who is the guy speaking in that video?
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:20:23 PM

For number 2:

He picks on BornofGod too much!
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:20:33 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:18:09 PM, STALIN wrote:

For number 2:

Thats me idiot.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
STALIN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:21:30 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:20:33 PM, imabench wrote:

For number 2:

Thats me idiot.....

err...how many of these vids exactly are there?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:22:24 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:21:30 PM, STALIN wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:20:33 PM, imabench wrote:

For number 2:

Thats me idiot.....

err...how many of these vids exactly are there?

About a dozen last time I checked.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:23:36 PM

For number 2:

Have you been in the religion forum? If not, you'll see that BornofGod is full of religious conspiracy crap. I believe he is always claiming to be a saint and that he will save us, although I'm not sure exactly what he says. His grammar isn't very good, so it's hard to tell sometimes.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:24:34 PM
The reason why thoughts like this disgust me is because there are real problems with bullying that exist in schools, offices and in the world. Whenever someone haphazardly tosses the charge of "bullying" out when actual bullying hasn't occurred it cheapens it's meaning and significance. The reason is because if we broaden the definition of bullying to the extent required by the accusations of some members on this site, then anything other than forthright agreement is something to be outraged about while at the same time real bullying gets lost in the mess of it all and goes undressed or under-addressed. It's shameful, disgusting, and a poor reflection of the OP as such.
Tsar of DDO
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:26:25 PM

For number 2:

You obviously don't know who BornofGod is...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:27:54 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:26:25 PM, Subutai wrote:

For number 2:

No, she doesn't. If she did, she wouldn't be defending it -and I say "it" because the particular user in question doesn't act, think or behave in a way that is recognizably human.
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:28:58 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:24:34 PM, YYW wrote:
The reason why thoughts like this disgust me is because there are real problems with bullying that exist in schools, offices and in the world. Whenever someone haphazardly tosses the charge of "bullying" out when actual bullying hasn't occurred it cheapens it's meaning and significance. The reason is because if we broaden the definition of bullying to the extent required by the accusations of some members on this site, then anything other than forthright agreement is something to be outraged about while at the same time real bullying gets lost in the mess of it all and goes undressed or under-addressed. It's shameful, disgusting, and a poor reflection of the OP as such.

inb4 Caploxion accuses you of bullying.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:33:19 PM

It doesn't cheapen it at all. THIS IS bullying, and it's people like you whom don't do a thing until it's too late. The best thing you can do with bullying is stop it before it becomes plainly obvious that the person being bullied is hurt.

There is nothing good that comes from this show that couldn't be resolved in normal conversation.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:36:32 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:28:58 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

She already has, just not in this thread. But, she likes to PM me. Here's how our conversations have gone:

Caploxion:

Bah, you're not 'intrigued' anymore because you failed to make me angry. You saw me on the forums and thought, 'this person is opinionated, her is a great chance to make someone angry'. And you know what? You didn't make me angry. So you can take your rubbish conjecture about my life (which is none of your business, btw) and play guessing games elsewhere (I recommened GuessWho?). I am completely honest in whatever I do, and you'd know was one of the main things about me, if you actually knew me. You shouldn't be talking about my romantic relationships either; they have nothing to do with you and it's rude to bring them up. Also, I have read Infinite Jest from front to back, and your assertions about me trying to impress anyone are completely off-the-mark. But let's face it, you only wrote those things to indulge in yourself, not because you thought they were correct. You FAILED, troll.

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

No no, I'ts not "sure". I KNOW that I've hit close to YOUR home. How does it feel it to be put in your place? Lol, are you pretending not to read this? Alright, if it's too much for you, I'll stop.Next time, try a little bit harder ;)

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

Multi-account? Are you serious? Can you stop with your slanderous posts, please?

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

No, the response required isn't "lol", it's 'okay, I'll stop'.

YYW:

I haven't slandered you. I could, but I haven't yet. So, no, I can't stop doing something which I have not done. So, LOL

Caploxion

Hey, you're trying to discredit my account with bull[censor]. I asked you to stop. Is that understood?

YYW:

This isn't the place for you.

Caploxion

Look buddy, I asked you to stop. What is so hard to understand about that? If you have some important to tell me, I'm willing to hear, but if your going to continue slandering me, you can keep your fu[censor] words to yourself.

YYW:

I fundamentally do not care what you think about what I post. If it bothers you, then leave.

Caploxion

You're a fuc[censor]ing prick.

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a real winner here.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:38:11 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:27:54 PM, YYW wrote:

For number 2:

No, she doesn't. If she did, she wouldn't be defending it -and I say "it" because the particular user in question doesn't act, think or behave in a way that is recognizably human.

I am defending the right of every human being, the right not to be attacked repeatedly for simply having different views. And btw, your clever us of the word 'it' shows that you really don't understand bullying, that you think it's fun and clever to demean people. That's why you spent all that time PMing nasty stuff about me.

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:39:04 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:36:32 PM, YYW wrote:

She already has, just not in this thread. But, she likes to PM me. Here's how our conversations have gone:

Caploxion:

Bah, you're not 'intrigued' anymore because you failed to make me angry. You saw me on the forums and thought, 'this person is opinionated, her is a great chance to make someone angry'. And you know what? You didn't make me angry. So you can take your rubbish conjecture about my life (which is none of your business, btw) and play guessing games elsewhere (I recommened GuessWho?). I am completely honest in whatever I do, and you'd know was one of the main things about me, if you actually knew me. You shouldn't be talking about my romantic relationships either; they have nothing to do with you and it's rude to bring them up. Also, I have read Infinite Jest from front to back, and your assertions about me trying to impress anyone are completely off-the-mark. But let's face it, you only wrote those things to indulge in yourself, not because you thought they were correct. You FAILED, troll.

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

No no, I'ts not "sure". I KNOW that I've hit close to YOUR home. How does it feel it to be put in your place? Lol, are you pretending not to read this? Alright, if it's too much for you, I'll stop.Next time, try a little bit harder ;)

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

Multi-account? Are you serious? Can you stop with your slanderous posts, please?

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

I haven't slandered you. I could, but I haven't yet. So, no, I can't stop doing something which I have not done. So, LOL

Caploxion

Hey, you're trying to discredit my account with bull[censor]. I asked you to stop. Is that understood?

YYW:

Caploxion

Look buddy, I asked you to stop. What is so hard to understand about that? If you have some important to tell me, I'm willing to hear, but if your going to continue slandering me, you can keep your fu[censor] words to yourself.

YYW:

I fundamentally do not care what you think about what I post. If it bothers you, then leave.

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

Yeah, it's the Weekly Stupid that's lowering the average account life.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:39:24 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:38:11 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:27:54 PM, YYW wrote:

For number 2:

I am defending the right of every human being, the right not to be attacked repeatedly for simply having different views. And btw, your clever us of the word 'it' shows that you really don't understand bullying, that you think it's fun and clever to demean people. That's why you spent all that time PMing nasty stuff about me.

Oh, please. Come off your soapbox.
Tsar of DDO
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:39:41 PM
At 1/13/2014 7:54:22 PM, Caploxion wrote:
"...so if enough members were to contact me saying that they want it gone I would certainly reconsider my position" - Airmax 1227

This thread is NOT about attacking Imabench. This thread IS about campaigning to remove his hateful show from DDO.

Imabench's show, The Weekly Stupid, is a device in which Imabench bullies anyone whom has a different opinion to him. He often claims that his conduct involves exposing obviously stupid comments, which isn't entirely true, as he often attacks the people directly too. His method of showing that the comments are stupid, is to extract the superficial interpretation, often missing the meaning of the comment altogether.

There is no good that comes about in calling people stupid. This kind of bullying should not be tolerated anywhere.

Freedom of Speech should be preserved, but shows that abuse our liberties to incessantly lambast people making unpopular opinions, like The Weekly Stupid, need to be banished. You can, and should, voice disapproval in a far more civil manner.

You really should make this a private request, i.e. just use this thread to inform the community that all they have to do is send airmax a PM with this thread as a link.

Why? Because as you can see, this website is chock-full of people that will harass you with impunity. Unfortunate, but true.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:40:20 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:39:04 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Caploxion:

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

It's not TWS... it's the goddamn opinion and polls section that brings in worthless members who inflict themselves on us in the forums.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:45:02 PM

Caploxion:

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

Oh no, you're the real winner here!

Earlier in the PMs:

YYW: "I think you're probably on the borderline of bipolar disorder, emotionally needy and have problems relating to and connecting with other people. I think you're most likely an untrustworthy person who is financially unstable and more likely than not dropped out of college. Sure, you might have gotten in but you couldn't sustain the coursework -but that's ok, because you know best anyway, right? Now, you're on DDO because you've got something to prove. You've failed at the majority of the things you've tried in life but you're not giving up because despite your emotional volatility you desperately seek approval by others -so much so in fact that whenever you don't get it, you reject those around you as a defense mechanism to insulate yourself from feeling the weight and shame that being rejected carries. You've probably experimented with a fair number of drugs, too and you've probably not had a single fulfilling romantic relationship, either."

YYW: "I think you're enjoying talking with me more than you'd like me to realize, because this is probably the most substantive human contact you've had with a person in quite some time because most people don't even bother. No one talks to you about themselves, because they don't trust you. Now, you're entertained by how close to home I can get just by mentally conceptualizing the kind of person who would write what you have and more or less it's going to get inside your head because whether I'm right or wrong about everything (and surely, I'm not right about it all -because there is only so far back on the train of causality's tracks I can go) you want to know how much more there is -because you want to know how you come across whether you intend to come across that way or not.

More?"

You're an atrocious, immoral human.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:45:50 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:45:02 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Caploxion:

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

Earlier in the PMs:

YYW: "I think you're probably on the borderline of bipolar disorder, emotionally needy and have problems relating to and connecting with other people. I think you're most likely an untrustworthy person who is financially unstable and more likely than not dropped out of college. Sure, you might have gotten in but you couldn't sustain the coursework -but that's ok, because you know best anyway, right? Now, you're on DDO because you've got something to prove. You've failed at the majority of the things you've tried in life but you're not giving up because despite your emotional volatility you desperately seek approval by others -so much so in fact that whenever you don't get it, you reject those around you as a defense mechanism to insulate yourself from feeling the weight and shame that being rejected carries. You've probably experimented with a fair number of drugs, too and you've probably not had a single fulfilling romantic relationship, either."

YYW: "I think you're enjoying talking with me more than you'd like me to realize, because this is probably the most substantive human contact you've had with a person in quite some time because most people don't even bother. No one talks to you about themselves, because they don't trust you. Now, you're entertained by how close to home I can get just by mentally conceptualizing the kind of person who would write what you have and more or less it's going to get inside your head because whether I'm right or wrong about everything (and surely, I'm not right about it all -because there is only so far back on the train of causality's tracks I can go) you want to know how much more there is -because you want to know how you come across whether you intend to come across that way or not.

More?"

You asked what I thought of you, and I answered honestly.
Tsar of DDO
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:46:26 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:39:41 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

You really should make this a private request, i.e. just use this thread to inform the community that all they have to do is send airmax a PM with this thread as a link.

Why? Because as you can see, this website is chock-full of people that will harass you with impunity. Unfortunate, but true.

I have to rally support somehow. I know that I'm going to be harassed, but this needs to be done.

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:46:44 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:45:02 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Caploxion:

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

Earlier in the PMs:

More?"

Ah, so you understand what immoral means... Still, your statement is completely idiotic.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:47:33 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:46:26 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:39:41 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

I have to rally support somehow. I know that I'm going to be harassed, but this needs to be done.

There's a difference between harassing and pointing out the truth.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 8:48:08 PM
At 1/13/2014 8:40:20 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/13/2014 8:39:04 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Caploxion:

YYW:

sure

Caploxion

YYW:

Oh yes

Caploxion

YYW:

lol

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW:

Caploxion

YYW

Right.

Caploxion

F[censor]k off.

YYW:

rofl

It's not TWS... it's the goddamn opinion and polls section that brings in worthless members who inflict themselves on us in the forums.

Sorry for the unclear internet sarcasm, but I was referencing an argument either Caploxion or wrichcirw used earlier saying TWS made people leave sooner, when it's clearly users like Caploxion.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16