Jump to topic:

Keep the Weekly Stupid on DDO!

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:42:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you want to keep it around, I encourage all of you to go on the forum titled "Ban the Weekly Stupid" and troll the living sh!t out of it! :)

I'd love to show some support about how the show actually does deter silliness in the forums. The fact remains that even if you do not agree with Ima, the quotes he utilizes on the show are indeed stupid in almost every objective way. Sure, some close calls, but who wouldn't have some?

I for one have been on the show once. Given I think it was more for a lack of quotes (I was insulting a member) but none the less, if I --the hitchslap-- were made fun of on the show and do not mind at all, then why should a member who has never been here, who has never been made fun of, nor actually understand the culture of DDO comment on it? Sure, have her opinions, but why should this opinion actually be taken seriously?

NO, it ought to stay, the majority love it, the minority hate it, and really unless you claim something REALLY dumb ... whats the problem?

Thanks!
Thank you for voting!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:45:34 PM
Stop trying to make this an issue.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:47:54 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:42:54 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
If you want to keep it around, I encourage all of you to go on the forum titled "Ban the Weekly Stupid" and troll the living sh!t out of it! :)

I'd love to show some support about how the show actually does deter silliness in the forums. The fact remains that even if you do not agree with Ima, the quotes he utilizes on the show are indeed stupid in almost every objective way. Sure, some close calls, but who wouldn't have some?

I for one have been on the show once. Given I think it was more for a lack of quotes (I was insulting a member) but none the less, if I --the hitchslap-- were made fun of on the show and do not mind at all, then why should a member who has never been here, who has never been made fun of, nor actually understand the culture of DDO comment on it? Sure, have her opinions, but why should this opinion actually be taken seriously?

NO, it ought to stay, the majority love it, the minority hate it, and really unless you claim something REALLY dumb ... whats the problem?

Thanks!

DONT!!!!!! I dont like the Weekly Stupid. It is insulting and mean. Dont troll Caploxion, she is an innocent girl who only wishes to get rid of... you know who. And so do I!
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:52:34 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:47:54 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Thanks!

DONT!!!!!! I dont like the Weekly Stupid. It is insulting and mean. Dont troll Caploxion, she is an innocent girl who only wishes to get rid of... you know who. And so do I!

Is imabench now the Lord Voldemort of DDO? Lord Bench? The bench that must not be named?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:53:31 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:52:34 PM, thett3 wrote:

Thanks!

Is imabench now the Lord Voldemort of DDO? Lord Bench? The bench that must not be named?

Well, airmax told me not to say his name and not to talk to... him anymore. so basically.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:56:03 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:53:31 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Thanks!

Well, airmax told me not to say his name and not to talk to... him anymore. so basically.

I propose that everyone with a restraining order against imabench should refer to him in the future as "The Bench that must not be named".
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 5:57:26 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:56:03 PM, thett3 wrote:

Thanks!

I propose that everyone with a restraining order against imabench should refer to him in the future as "The Bench that must not be named".

ha ha. lol and there are others?

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:00:24 PM

Thanks!

Sounds like someone gets insulted by others pointing out their stupidity. The WS does not create insults; it only points out what is already there.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:03:38 PM

Thanks!

As I was scrolling through, I was about to reply with the exact same thing.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:04:32 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:00:24 PM, Subutai wrote:

Thanks!

Sounds like someone gets insulted by others pointing out their stupidity. The WS does not create insults; it only points out what is already there.

i do. and so does caploxion. and so do many others when the Bench whom shall not be named posts the weekly stupid.

Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:13:42 PM

Thanks!

Just because you don't mind being on it, that doesn't mean other people will share your sentiments.
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:16:00 PM
Ok first off Kawaii i know you're an idiot and all, but it still violates the agreement to openly call for me and my show to be banned even if you dont use my actual name, youre not fooling anybody.

Second, going out of your way and advocating for me to be banned when I have done nothing to provoke you recently, while still not using my actual name also doesnt count.

Third, As you can already see from people making fun of you, nobody cares what you think about whether or not the show should be banned.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:22:55 PM
At 1/14/2014 5:56:03 PM, thett3 wrote:

Thanks!

LMAO
Thank you for voting!
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:22:57 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:04:32 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Thanks!

i do. and so does caploxion. and so do many others when the Bench whom shall not be named posts the weekly stupid.

You're just taking it too personally. You said the comments, so you should be ready for ridicule. If you don't want to be ridiculed, don't say stupid things.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:23:54 PM
That being said though I am more then willing to be known as the Lord Voldemort of DDO.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 6:58:18 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:22:57 PM, Subutai wrote:

Thanks!

You're just taking it too personally. You said the comments, so you should be ready for ridicule. If you don't want to be ridiculed, don't say stupid things.

taking it too personally? r u kidding me? The Bench whom shall not be named has ruined my experience on DDO! if only he left me alone...

TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:11:20 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:13:42 PM, Caploxion wrote:

Thanks!

Just because you don't mind being on it, that doesn't mean other people will share your sentiments.

Part of the point of the show you realize this right?
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:11:56 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:58:18 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Thanks!

taking it too personally? r u kidding me? The Bench whom shall not be named has ruined my experience on DDO! if only he left me alone...

LMAO, this is why your still here right?!?!
Thank you for voting!
Caploxion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:17:24 PM
At 1/14/2014 7:11:20 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Thanks!

Who cares if it's the point?! The show is still about bullying!
"That's what people do. They breed, and then their children breed, and then their children do it, and their children do it. But, have you ever asked why we do it?" - Jim 'Metamorphhh' Crawford

"There is no doubt that life is given us, not to be enjoyed, but to be overcome; to be got over." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"It's like building a broken building, repairing it and then saying that now I have value in doing so...but it didn't need to be broken in the first place." -Gary 'Inmendham' Mosher
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:19:18 PM
At 1/14/2014 7:17:24 PM, Caploxion wrote:
At 1/14/2014 7:11:20 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

Thanks!

Who cares if it's the point?! The show is still about bullying!

Your subjective opinion =/= objective fact
bullying is intimidating someone, Bench is in fact not intimidating ANYONE. Good try tho.
Thank you for voting!
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:20:57 PM

Thanks!

Who Imabench? (people around me gasp)
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:51:29 PM
At 1/14/2014 6:58:18 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Thanks!

That's just because you're being a dipshit at the very thought of someone poking fun at your stupidity. There's a very simple solution to the problem that you continue to overlook.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 7:57:41 PM
At 1/14/2014 7:20:57 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Thanks!

Don't speak his name! We;ll just refer to him as... You know bench
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 8:00:15 PM
At 1/14/2014 7:57:41 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Thanks!

Oh calm down 7TH!!!

He is going to kill you anyways regardless if whether you use his name.

I-I-I-m-m-m-a bench.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 8:00:55 PM
At 1/14/2014 8:00:15 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Thanks!

Oh calm down 7TH!!!

I-I-I-m-m-m-a bench.

DudeStop that!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 8:04:27 PM
At 1/14/2014 8:00:55 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Thanks!

Oh calm down 7TH!!!

I-I-I-m-m-m-a bench.

DudeStop that!

Kawaii blocked Imabench: 13 years later...

"I can PM you Kawaii!"

"The dark lord has returned!"
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 8:05:58 PM
At 1/14/2014 8:04:27 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Thanks!

Oh calm down 7TH!!!

I-I-I-m-m-m-a bench.

DudeStop that!

"I can PM you Kawaii!"

I don't believe it! What happened to Caploxian in the debate tournament was an accident, nothing more! You Know Bench is not back!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 8:10:06 PM
At 1/14/2014 8:05:58 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 1/14/2014 8:04:27 PM, DudeStop wrote:

Thanks!

Oh calm down 7TH!!!

I-I-I-m-m-m-a bench.

DudeStop that!

"I can PM you Kawaii!"

I don't believe it! What happened to Caploxian in the debate tournament was an accident, nothing more! You Know Bench is not back!

Oh yeah, I'm apparently secretly STALIN. DudeStop is in my treasure chest tied up. Anyway...
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 7:21:31 PM
Ok, I promised I would never say this. But I must.

Imabench's real name is Dexter Morgan. He was the victim of a terrible childhood trauma, which destabilized his mind. His adopted father knew that he would have an insatiable urge to troll, but trained him from childhood to harness this need, this "dark passenger." He sought to direct this compulsion in such a way as to make this world better, not worse.

Today, Dexter Morgan, better known as Imabench, is a ruthless troll that hunts down and trolls other trolls.