ORP Day Phase 5

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:44:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Corporate Mccorporate News here:

The violence in Ryopia seems to have escalated yesterday. Though two formal lynchings were voted for, apparently no one wanted to carry them out by prescribed means.

One of those voted for, Howard Danneskjold (Wjmelements), was later brought to the town square burned to death. The remains of a note on his person were only partially burned, suggesting this was not a controlled burning. They have been reconstructed to read as follows: "He Every oritarian Dead Alive Alex Toast ww pan our." Stacks upon stacks of copies of Atlas Shrugged were found in his home, along with a wide assortment of firearms. The robot earlier found fleeing from the home of Robert Robertson was spotted flying quickly toward the home of Mr. Danneskjold, stopping for a moment, then slowly moving on while shaking it's... er, head? If such it can be called I suppose.

Morel Corel (Jblake), who had received a copy of Atlas Shrugged that appears to have been part of the same shipment judging by residue from shipping materials, and also had a campaign poster from Russ Peridot's campaign, was run over fatally by a car in the town square.

Eddie Willers (Mongoose) was found shot on his doorstep. His pockets appear to have been ruffled through, but the original ruffler or rufflers did not find a paper saying:

"Greetings, I am Eddie Willers, the vanilla townie. I am competent at something nobody knows. I hava a Desert Eagle, and a lot of money. I know nothing else of importance."

A Libertarian Party pamphlet was found in his home.

James Polham (BellomQuodPacis nee Ghostwriter) was also hit in the town square. Some napalm was found in his fridge as well as a copy of An Inconvenient Truth.

Loyats Greensborough (Ournamestoolong) was found burned to death by the side of the road in a vehicle that had crashed into another -- the other being further off the road. Shards of glass other than those from windows were found between the cars. Several books by Mark Satin were found in his home.

Mikhael Morton (Chrysippus), the famous documentary maker (or some would say leftist muckraker) with a previously unknown abode, was found shot on a doorstep that appears to be his. A script for a new film was found. Shown to our critics, several vomited, while another said, quote "Oh god this would be so ****ing terrible it would probably be campy recruiting tool for his conservative detractors."

Cheryl Baggins (Leafrod) was found dead in her car in the town square, burned and shot in the head. Glass other than that from the windows was found on the inside, as well as a coca cola bottle cap and a sniper rifle. Her home contained what is apparently the complete works of economist Ludwig von Mises. The remains of (another reporter walks over and smacks this one, whispering "Don't discuss that, you wanna get fired your first day on the job?" "no... okay.") *goes quiet*.

(I can't remembr if I did this or not lol)
Yogi Ursino (I-Am-A-Panda) was shot apparently crawling from a garbage can toward his house. The following note was found on his person: "My name is Legion: for we are many. I am the Alpha and the Omega, who is, and who was, and who is to come. Those of you who are doubtful of Him but not confirmed in your doubt are the third enemy"
A demo tape of metal listing him as the author was found. Our critics said it was almost as bad as Morton's movie. A book by John Avlon was found in the home as wel.

List of all players, bolding those so far known to be dead:

1. Nags
2. wjmelements
3. Jblake
4. Clockwork
5. KRFournier
6. Philosophical

7. WonderWoman
8. theLwerd
9. Rezzealaux
10. Vi_Veri
11. Leafrod
: 12. Alex_hanson911
13. Puck
14. mongeese
15. ournamestoolong
16. BellumQuodpacis ( nee Ghostwriter)
17. BELLUMQUODPACIS
18. SportsGuru
19. feverish
20. crackofdawn_jr
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. Mongoose
23. pcmbrown
24. I-Am-A-Panda
25. Chrysippus
26. Cody_franklin

Currently in the town square: Sportsguru, feverish

Tell me about any screwups as usual, go go go, 4 votes is a lynch.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:48:24 AM
*the broadcast comes back on* Btw, our reporter seems to have gotten confused about what information is private and moved on at the wrong time. Tilly Macentyre;s(Nags)' body was also found in Baggin's home. An inspection of that home later revealed a bible and college coursework. College coursework was also found in Baggin's home btw.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:55:13 AM
Mongeese arrives.

Note: Previous lynch orders have expired
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:59:16 AM
If there aren't enough people in the square, is it even possible to get a lynch?

VOTE SPORTSGURU

Might as well do something.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:30:52 PM
I hope you all realized that I sacrificed my own life to kill mongese in flames.

And you thought JBlake was gangsta.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:42:12 PM
At 1/15/2010 10:44:53 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
A demo tape of metal listing him as the author was found.

Hehe, nice. And no you never announced my characters death.

Also, off topic and that, but should I begin sign ups for my Mafia game now?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:45:53 PM
At 1/15/2010 12:30:52 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:
I hope you all realized that I sacrificed my own life to kill mongese in flames.

But mongeese didn't die. I don't see why we would even bother voting for anyone else... Mongeese got all of the required votes to lynch him last day phase so wouldn't logic suggest that we try to lynch him again? Mongeese - Why are you voting for SportsGuru? It seems as if you are/were the main target. What changed between yesterday and today? Also, we should try to decipher wjm's note...
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:46:57 PM
SHADDAP ournames.

Panda has some sort of vague excuse insofar as he's the next mod and was responding to something the mod didn't know. You do not.

As far as signups go-- up to you. 7 people alive. Keep in mind before starting the actual game if any of those people are in your game that they'll have complicated **** to think about.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:47:12 PM
At 1/15/2010 12:45:53 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/15/2010 12:30:52 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:

But mongeese didn't die. I don't see why we would even bother voting for anyone else... Mongeese got all of the required votes to lynch him last day phase so wouldn't logic suggest that we try to lynch him again? Mongeese - Why are you voting for SportsGuru? It seems as if you are/were the main target. What changed between yesterday and today? Also, we should try to decipher wjm's note...

I meant WJM

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:48:06 PM
SHADDAP! notallcaps
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:49:54 PM
At 1/15/2010 12:46:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

As far as signups go-- up to you. 7 people alive. Keep in mind before starting the actual game if any of those people are in your game that they'll have complicated **** to think about.

Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 12:50:11 PM
At 1/15/2010 12:48:06 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
SHADDAP! notallcaps

Woops, I probably shouldn't have posted.

I'm sorry, and I don't want you to punish anyone else for my actions.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 1:01:21 PM
Ohhh...

Anyway, I would like for mongeese to tell us why he voted for SportsGuru. I think right now the only thing we have to go on is wjm's note. He listed the rest of the mafia he was trying to kill (Authoritarians? Moderates?) and the only living person left from his note is Toast. VOTE TO LYNCH TOAST OF DESTINY BY HANGING.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 1:18:26 PM
Lwerd drives SE
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 2:55:45 PM
At 1/15/2010 1:01:21 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Ohhh...

Anyway, I would like for mongeese to tell us why he voted for SportsGuru.

I want this game to be over. Therefore, I vote. It was a coin flip between SG and feverish.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 2:57:07 PM
At 1/15/2010 2:55:45 PM, mongeese wrote:
Ohhh...

I want this game to be over. Therefore, I vote. It was a coin flip between SG and feverish.

Why those 2 in particular and not Toast who was outed (and is pretty much confirmed) as moderate mafia?
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 2:58:48 PM
At 1/15/2010 2:57:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/15/2010 2:55:45 PM, mongeese wrote:
Ohhh...

Why those 2 in particular and not Toast who was outed (and is pretty much confirmed) as moderate mafia?

He wasn't in the town square. And he still isn't in the town square.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 8:45:29 PM
A flaming object flies behind feverish. His *** is on fire!
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 9:12:47 PM
I have a feeling that the partially burnt note may be another order that wjm was going to give to Leafrod (assuming Leafrod is telling the truth). Since Toast is the only alive member left on the note, and he's been basically outed as a mafioso

I vote to lynch ToastofDestiney by hanging

Now, if you will excuse, me, I will retire to a place to think that is safer than here, which has apparently become more dangerous than a war zone.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 9:33:29 PM
Sportsguru moves toward his car.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:29:09 PM
It seems as if WJM was telling the truth and left us clues in his last letter to the town... We should obviously lynch the guy who is definitely mafia. LYNCH TOASTOFDESTINY BY HANGING
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 10:43:23 PM
Obviously Vi just showed up, derivable from her posting now.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 10:16:14 AM
The fact that SportsGuru is actively helping feverish means that he's not too interested in random lynching (doubtful, because we all want this game to end) or he and feverish are in on something together.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 10:58:11 AM
At 1/16/2010 10:16:14 AM, mongeese wrote:
The fact that SportsGuru is actively helping feverish means that he's not too interested in random lynching (doubtful, because we all want this game to end) or he and feverish are in on something together.

Or we have a basically confirmed mafioso in Toast and rather than just kill off a random person that might be townie, it is more prudent to kill off mafioso.

Tell me mongeese
1. Even ignoring yesterday, if you are going to do a random lynch, what do you have against lynching Toast?
2. Why do you seemingly not care that you are basically digging your own grave for tommorrow? Is it because you have weapons to attack us with in case we do lynch you?

Also Ragner Danneskjöld is a protagonist pirate in Atlas Shrugged, so this leaves us with the question: If the libertarians are townies (with this being Obvious Randain Propoganda mafia), why would wjm claim to be mafia in the last day phase? (If I am incorrect and he did not claim this, please correct me)

Will post updates on character research as they come
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:23:26 AM
Two gunshots are heard. Upon the second Feverish screams even louder than when he was stopping, dropping, and rolling, which was pretty loud. Hey, at least the fire's out.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:38:05 AM
Damn looks like I'm probably a goner. Fun game.

I do not trust Vi, the idea that Leaf and wjm were telling the truth seems preposterous to me. I wouldn't consider this the strongest evidence but as it may be my last act, I vote to lynch Vi Veri by hanging

Whoever shot me is obviously guilty anyway.

Avenge me town!