Jump to topic:

How do blind people...

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 11:59:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
How do blind people dream? I have wondered this for a while and just now thouht to ask in a public forum.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 12:03:19 AM
I presume you mean If they were born blind?

I also presume they do not dream 'visually'. They would dream sounds, concepts, touch etc etc.

I've dream't with my eyes open once, so there was no visual element to the dream... twas rather strange indeed.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 12:14:25 AM
Yes, I should have asked how people who've never seen before dream.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 12:51:16 AM
That is fairly interesting. Having dreams with feeling, smell, and taste would be pretty cool in my opinion. On the rare occasions that I have dreams it's only visual. For some reason I know when and what the characters are saying but there is no auditory aspect.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 12:57:38 AM
I've had a dream that had tactile as well as visual elements (some of those tactile elements being things I have no experience of and so are probably not accurate). And most of them have sound, though it seems kind of washed out immediately afterwards
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 5:35:12 AM
At 1/18/2010 12:57:38 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I've had a dream that had tactile as well as visual elements (some of those tactile elements being things I have no experience of and so are probably not accurate). And most of them have sound, though it seems kind of washed out immediately afterwards

Yeah I've definitely had a few tactile dreams (I think it's pretty hard to achieve orgasm from visual stimulation alone) and I have vivid sound and music in my dreams, not so sure about smell and taste though.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 9:31:52 AM
At 1/18/2010 12:57:38 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I've had a dream that had tactile as well as visual elements (some of those tactile elements being things I have no experience of and so are probably not accurate).

lol ick, I wonder what that dream was about
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 11:20:33 AM
Only things I recall smelling in dreams are hot machinery.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.