Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

School starts tomorrow

Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:44:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
For Mr. Kleptin. I'll be going on vacation from DDO for a while and if I'm ever on, it will be due to a lack of self control XD

Bye bye for now! If you ever see me online, send me PMs telling me to get back to work. A few things before I go:

1. Be nice to newbies
2. Always leave RFDs
3. Never feed trolls, and always ask troll-feeders to kindly stop.

See you guys in a month or so!
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 8:55:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 8:44:24 AM, Kleptin wrote:
For Mr. Kleptin. I'll be going on vacation from DDO for a while and if I'm ever on, it will be due to a lack of self control XD

Bye bye for now! If you ever see me online, send me PMs telling me to get back to work. A few things before I go:

1. Be nice to newbies
2. Always leave RFDs
3. Never feed trolls, and always ask troll-feeders to kindly stop.

See you guys in a month or so!

Mine started today, but i have 4 classes tomorrow.

What are you taking?
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:16:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You guys have it easy, I started on the 11th.

Courses: - 4th semester (sophmore) - Finance

German Lang Level 1
German Culture
Accounting
Astronomy
Geography
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:22:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:16:06 AM, Frodobaggins wrote:
You guys have it easy, I started on the 11th.

Courses: - 4th semester (sophmore) - Finance

German Lang Level 1
German Culture
Accounting
Astronomy
Geography

Wow. That looks like an extremely boring schedule :(
President of DDO
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:34:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:22:09 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/19/2010 9:16:06 AM, Frodobaggins wrote:
You guys have it easy, I started on the 11th.

Courses: - 4th semester (sophmore) - Finance

German Lang Level 1
German Culture
Accounting
Astronomy
Geography

Wow. That looks like an extremely boring schedule :(

Amen - but accounting is required, I need a culture course, thats the easiest, need 12 credits of language, german is easiest, need 2 more science courses, astronomy and geography were the easiest.

Unfortunate though but whatevs, gotta get through this needless crap till junior and senior year.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:53:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:34:04 AM, Frodobaggins wrote:

Amen - but accounting is required, I need a culture course, thats the easiest, need 12 credits of language, german is easiest, need 2 more science courses, astronomy and geography were the easiest.

Unfortunate though but whatevs, gotta get through this needless crap till junior and senior year.

I'm assuming you're German lol (otherwise I'd hardly consider that culture and language to be the easiest to learn). That said, you are a smart man for getting rid of your GenEds early. I'm a fool: I haven't done ANY of my GenEds (and instead focused on my major and minors) meaning when I get back to Rutgers, I'll have a difficult and tedious course load as well. Ugh.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:55:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My schedule looks pretty good this semester:

Italian 2
Statistics
Feminism in Philosophy
Political Philosophy
Philosophy of the Mind
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 9:56:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:55:21 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I started on the 11th also.

That's because east coast schools are cooler.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 10:37:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have it really easy,

Art Appreciation
Essentials of Written and Oral Communication
U.S. History to 1865
Math and Human Society
History of Political Philosophy

I was going to take on one more but decided not to.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 10:38:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:16:06 AM, Frodobaggins wrote:
You guys have it easy, I started on the 11th.

Courses: - 4th semester (sophmore) - Finance

German Lang Level 1
German Culture
Accounting
Astronomy
Geography

How is Astronomy going, i was thinking about taking it next semester but who knows?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 10:53:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I started on the 4th.

Arabic, Physics, Health. Arabic is the only challenging one.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:08:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do you guys have to take things like Arabic and Astronomy that have no relevance to your course?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:08:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 10:53:29 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I started on the 4th.

Arabic, Physics, Health. Arabic is the only challenging one.

Is that why you are only taking 3?
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:12:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:08:15 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Why do you guys have to take things like Arabic and Astronomy that have no relevance to your course?

Everyone takes general electives or core classes, designed to make you a more "well rounded student", as well as help you decide what you like to study. For my "course", i am required an foreign language.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:16:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You guys have it easy.

BA212 Financial Accounting 2, BA213 Managerial Accounting (which is the fricken opposite of financial accounting, so it messes me up), BA177 Payroll, and BA218 Personal Finances. Plus working full time (though I do this at work, not my minimum home time, which is why I'm not on during weekends).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:17:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's 13 credits. Last quarter I took 17 (First quarter arabic is a 7 credit class, taking 2nd quarter now). 3 5-credit courses is a standard course load in a college on the quarter schedule, dunno about semester schedule.

Why do you guys have to take things like Arabic and Astronomy that have no relevance to your course?
I don't have to take Arabic (although for a bachelors in any social science discipline, including my intended major of Political Science, I do need at least one foreign language). I highly doubt he has to take astronomy, although he probably needs a science credit to ensure a "liberal arts education". And I think you mean "no relevance to major." Which, btw, speaking foreign languages is very relevant to politics. Governments need to communicate with each other, and frequently parties of similar ideology in different countries have a use for it too :).

Why, do Irish colleges just give you a degree for only taking courses in a single discipline?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:28:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:17:38 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Why, do Irish colleges just give you a degree for only taking courses in a single discipline?

Yep, at least I think so. You choose a course, and you do what's listed on the course. No credits, at least I think so.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:32:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:17:38 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It's 13 credits. Last quarter I took 17 (First quarter arabic is a 7 credit class, taking 2nd quarter now). 3 5-credit courses is a standard course load in a college on the quarter schedule, dunno about semester schedule.


Wow, I could only imagine. I have a few courses that are out of the normal 3 credit system.

I don't have to take Arabic (although for a bachelors in any social science discipline, including my intended major of Political Science, I do need at least one foreign language). I highly doubt he has to take astronomy, although he probably needs a science credit to ensure a "liberal arts education".

Yeah, Political science is a social science, which translates to a liberal art.

Which, btw, speaking foreign languages is very relevant to politics. Governments need to communicate with each other, and frequently parties of similar ideology in different countries have a use for it too :).


Is everyone here into Political Science?

What are your Majors?

I am a Political Science/Public administration major.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:33:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:27:49 AM, tkubok wrote:
You guys have it all easy, University of Toronto starts on the 4th. Ive been at school for over 2 weeks now.

That does not mean we have it easy.

It just means that you get out of class sooner.
Or
You get a longer spring break, or longer breaks in other areas.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:35:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:32:27 AM, comoncents wrote:

What are your Majors?

International Business major and Japanese minor.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:36:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 9:53:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm assuming you're German lol (otherwise I'd hardly consider that culture and language to be the easiest to learn). That said, you are a smart man for getting rid of your GenEds early. I'm a fool: I haven't done ANY of my GenEds (and instead focused on my major and minors) meaning when I get back to Rutgers, I'll have a difficult and tedious course load as well. Ugh.

I have german ancestry (way back) but have no exposure to any german language. I just use www.ratemyprofessors.com

That's why I said they're the easiest.

For my school I'm at a satelite campus, classes are easiest here so I'm doing them as quickly as possible so when I get to the main campus I'm not screwed.
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:37:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 10:38:28 AM, comoncents wrote:
How is Astronomy going, i was thinking about taking it next semester but who knows?

So far its just some old guy babbling on about being friendly with the midnight sky. Moderately interesting as I'm learning how the constellations rotate 15 degrees per hour counter clockwise around polaris and 2 1/2 degrees (or something close to that) every 2 weeks.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:38:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:32:27 AM, comoncents wrote:

Is everyone here into Political Science?


What are your Majors?

I am a Political Science/Public administration major.

I'm a physics and accounting major, one for work, one for fun, lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:39:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:32:27 AM, comoncents wrote:

What are your Majors?

Labor Studies and Employment Relations (I'm going into business; law school is a lofty ambition for me at this point though presumably still in the running). My minor was originally supposed to be Poli Sci, but I have actually taken more Philosophy courses. So, I'm either going to minor in Philosophy, or double minor in that and Poli Sci.
President of DDO
Frodobaggins
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 11:39:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/19/2010 11:08:15 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Why do you guys have to take things like Arabic and Astronomy that have no relevance to your course?

US Senate brokered a deal with colleges so we have to take 2 years of pure BS before entering our majors. Some nonsense about "being well-rounded" but I say hogwash, just another way for them to take 2 years off my fathers retirement.

I have a friend who gets 6000 dollars "student aid" that he can do whatever with. He bought a lift kit for his jeep. That's where my tuition money is going.