Jump to topic:

Who do you consider to be wise?

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:00:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today while I was at school... I was told by a few people how they told others to go to me for questions or comments or advice or something because to them I'm a "wise" person?

I would say, I consider my dad the wisest person I know not just because he's my dad or my pastor but because he just IS. I would say if it wasn't for God giving me the dad I have I probably would not be claimed a person to be wise.

On DDO, I would consider a few people to be wise just from things I've read by them and what they share with me.

So who do you perceive as wise? Could be anyone.. In your life, DDO, school, church, work? Anywhere but who do you consider to be wise? And why do you consider them to be wise? :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:04:20 PM
At 2/12/2014 1:00:54 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Noumena <3

Lol hey you didn't say why though?
I'm sure he'd like to know ;P
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 1:06:01 PM
At 2/12/2014 1:04:20 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Noumena <3

All his posts are very insightful. Goddamn I even like an idiot compared to him.
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:12:16 PM
At 2/12/2014 1:00:10 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Today while I was at school... I was told by a few people how they told others to go to me for questions or comments or advice or something because to them I'm a "wise" person?

I would say, I consider my dad the wisest person I know not just because he's my dad or my pastor but because he just IS. I would say if it wasn't for God giving me the dad I have I probably would not be claimed a person to be wise.

On DDO, I would consider a few people to be wise just from things I've read by them and what they share with me.

So who do you perceive as wise? Could be anyone.. In your life, DDO, school, church, work? Anywhere but who do you consider to be wise? And why do you consider them to be wise? :)

i know who the most wisest person in the universe is that is wiser than all else, who's intelligence cannot be matched against any other living being in the world
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:19:15 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:12:16 PM, yay842 wrote:

i know who the most wisest person in the universe is that is wiser than all else, who's intelligence cannot be matched against any other living being in the world
I'm pretty sure I can guess, but do tell :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:21:02 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:19:15 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

tell me your guess first
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:23:04 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:21:02 PM, yay842 wrote:

tell me your guess first

Mmmmmmm nope lol
"Good Times" ~ Max
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:24:18 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:23:04 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

tell me your guess first

Mmmmmmm nope lol

how about ill give you one favor of any choosing if you guess the right answer
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:30:31 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:24:18 PM, yay842 wrote:

tell me your guess first

Mmmmmmm nope lol

I see lol you just wanna be difficult.. Haha!! I'm not a good guesser tbh :P
"Good Times" ~ Max
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:33:18 PM
At 2/12/2014 11:30:31 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 2/12/2014 11:24:18 PM, yay842 wrote:

tell me your guess first

Mmmmmmm nope lol

I see lol you just wanna be difficult.. Haha!! I'm not a good guesser tbh :P

meh, wth. The most wisest person, in the entire planet, in the entire world, in the entire universe, the person who's intelligent cannot bematched is...

drumroll
are you rdy?
the answer

is....

the most wisest person in the world is...

the most wisest person
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:54:16 PM
I'd hate to be a debbie downer, but someone had to say it, right?

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." -- William Shakespeare

It's a bit of a paradox, depending on how you look at it, but nevertheless, provides a summation of subjective "wisdom."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:06:38 AM
@yay, really??? Lol
"Good Times" ~ Max
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:17:29 AM
bornofgod really seems to know what he is talking ab-

Im sorry I cant even finish that sentence knowing that i was gonna clarify that it was sarcastic >.>
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:19:31 AM
At 2/13/2014 12:17:29 AM, imabench wrote:
bornofgod really seems to know what he is talking ab-

Im sorry I cant even finish that sentence knowing that i was gonna clarify that it was sarcastic >.>

Yeah.... Figured as much... I don't perceive him to be wise.. But he's got some type of knowledge of something.
"Good Times" ~ Max
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:33:39 AM

I consider me wise :3 I'm my best adviser.

I don't have a person I can go to for advise outside DDO.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:37:01 AM
At 2/13/2014 12:33:39 AM, donald.keller wrote:

I consider me wise :3 I'm my best adviser.

I don't have a person I can go to for advise outside DDO.

That's understandable.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:51:43 AM
At 2/12/2014 1:06:01 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 2/12/2014 1:04:20 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Noumena <3

All his posts are very insightful. Goddamn I even like an idiot compared to him.

Oh god first TUF calls me a genius and now you call me wise. I can't handle this and I vehemently disagree with yer claim, sir. I'm seriously just a guy (who in most respects would qualify as below average) who's read a bit.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:53:21 AM

Nope. Only experience dictates someone to be wise.

Thats sweet. However, the scriptures dont make you wise. I find some of it it be false.

Big mistake.

Not really. They have only experience. No one can truly be wise.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 5:05:18 AM

Two thoughts/saying coming to mind about wise people.......

1) Wisdom is realizing how little you know
2) A smart person has the answers, a wise person knows which questions to ask
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 6:43:01 AM
And....the last two guys tried to one-up me on nihilistic false humility. That was intended to be a one-time thing, darn it. It doesn't work more than once.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 6:50:51 AM
At 2/13/2014 12:53:21 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:

Nope. Only experience dictates someone to be wise.
I agree.

Thats sweet. However, the scriptures dont make you wise. I find some of it it be false.
That's your opinion.

Big mistake.
Could be, but if I'm careful who I talk to and listen (read) to. Discernment dear.

Not really. They have only experience. No one can truly be wise.

Again, that's your opinion.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 6:52:10 AM
At 2/13/2014 5:05:18 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Two thoughts/saying coming to mind about wise people.......

1) Wisdom is realizing how little you know
Precisely!!
2) A smart person has the answers, a wise person knows which questions to ask
Very exact! I couldn't agree more with your thoughts.
"Good Times" ~ Max
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 7:32:29 AM
Probably Roy_Larthum and Brian_Eggislston
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 7:46:53 AM
At 2/13/2014 7:32:29 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I think you spelled 2 out of 2 usernames wrong. I don't understand how you do that.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 7:48:38 AM
At 2/13/2014 7:46:53 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 2/13/2014 7:32:29 AM, lannan13 wrote:

I think you spelled 2 out of 2 usernames wrong. I don't understand how you do that.

I just have bad spelling.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 9:21:09 AM
Hmm. Wisdom is hard to define. It's a little different than intelligence, but a little bit the same, too. Wisdom includes both the ability of insight into things and also the ability to make good decisions. And the ability to make good decisions is, in part, dependent on having insight into things. A lot of people know the best course of action but choose not to take it anyway. I don't think I should consider them wise.

I don't know a whole lot of people I would really consider wise, but that might just be because I think of wisdom as too much of a Gandalf type thing--that kind of wisdom no mortal really has.

But I guess the closest to it I know of it my oldest brother, Joe, as well as Greg Koukl and Amy Hall of Stand to Reason. They are all three intelligent, but they're not JUST intelligent. They also know how to pick their battles, they have good people skills, and basically they know how to use their abilities. They seem to have just the right amount of cautiousness about life--neither being rash and making stupid or hasty decisions, nor being cowards and missing out on life and opportunities.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 5:19:21 PM
I know this will get a bunch of panties in a bunch but here it goes. Generally speaking, older people are wiser than young people. Now I will say it a different way "NOT ALL" but most older people are wiser than young people. "You have to be young and stupid, to be old and wise." "You can not be wise without first being ignorant and presumptuous."

Now ducks his head to avoid the the rocks being thrown from every direction! LOL
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 5:30:00 PM
At 2/13/2014 5:19:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
I know this will get a bunch of panties in a bunch but here it goes. Generally speaking, older people are wiser than young people. Now I will say it a different way "NOT ALL" but most older people are wiser than young people. "You have to be young and stupid, to be old and wise." "You can not be wise without first being ignorant and presumptuous."

Now ducks his head to avoid the the rocks being thrown from every direction! LOL

u dnt no wut ur tlkn abowt im wizest gy ulyve!!!!!!!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...