Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

DDO Pokemon Thread

bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 8:45:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
On this thread, fans of Pokemon may discuss anything Pokemon-related. The anime, the games, the manga, the TCG, or whatever Pokemon topic you want.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 8:53:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've developed my idea for Generation VII:

Pokemon Fire & Ice

It would be named this because the two legendary Pokemon would be a Meteor Pokemon and a Comet Pokemon. The meteor Pokemon would be called Meyuca, and it'd be Fire/Rock. The Comet Pokemon would be called Copleisto, and it'd be Ice/Rock.

It'd be set in the Fuerte Region, a region based off Mexico. Graphic-wise, think the new 3D graphics of X/Y but less distorted. I mean, those new graphics are phenomenal for the Pokemon series, but am I the only one who noticed it seemed kind of, well, pixelated? Maybe it's just me, but Generation VII would improve upon the 3D graphics and make it better.

The Professor would be Professor Maple, the first black Pokemon Professor. After all, I'm pretty sure the Gen. III professor wasn't black. Anyhow, the three starters would be:
Grass Starter: Cucara (Roach Pokemon, Grass Type)
Fire Starter: Cuburn (Tiger Pokemon, Fire Type)
Water Starter: Delecho (Dolphin Pokemon, Water Type)
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:00:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 8:53:30 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
I've developed my idea for Generation VII:

Pokemon Fire & Ice

It would be named this because the two legendary Pokemon would be a Meteor Pokemon and a Comet Pokemon. The meteor Pokemon would be called Meyuca, and it'd be Fire/Rock. The Comet Pokemon would be called Copleisto, and it'd be Ice/Rock.

It'd be set in the Fuerte Region, a region based off Mexico. Graphic-wise, think the new 3D graphics of X/Y but less distorted. I mean, those new graphics are phenomenal for the Pokemon series, but am I the only one who noticed it seemed kind of, well, pixelated? Maybe it's just me, but Generation VII would improve upon the 3D graphics and make it better.

The Professor would be Professor Maple, the first black Pokemon Professor. After all, I'm pretty sure the Gen. III professor wasn't black. Anyhow, the three starters would be:
Grass Starter: Cucara (Roach Pokemon, Grass Type)
Fire Starter: Cuburn (Tiger Pokemon, Fire Type)
Water Starter: Delecho (Dolphin Pokemon, Water Type)

One notable feature of my idea for Gen. VII would be the "Battle Transfer." Using Battle Transfer, one per battle you can withdraw the Pokemon currently on the field and send it back to the PC. In exchange, a Pokemon from your PC will come to your party and take its place. This could be useful if you've got no Pokemon in your party that can beat whatever the enemy sent out but you've got something in your PC, especially a L. 100 that you got in a trade.
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 11:08:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 9:00:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
One notable feature of my idea for Gen. VII would be the "Battle Transfer." Using Battle Transfer, one per battle you can withdraw the Pokemon currently on the field and send it back to the PC. In exchange, a Pokemon from your PC will come to your party and take its place. This could be useful if you've got no Pokemon in your party that can beat whatever the enemy sent out but you've got something in your PC, especially a L. 100 that you got in a trade.

I guess this would only apply in-game because I could already see this pissing off the metagamers if they played your pokemon game lol.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:47:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 11:08:05 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 2/21/2014 9:00:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
One notable feature of my idea for Gen. VII would be the "Battle Transfer." Using Battle Transfer, one per battle you can withdraw the Pokemon currently on the field and send it back to the PC. In exchange, a Pokemon from your PC will come to your party and take its place. This could be useful if you've got no Pokemon in your party that can beat whatever the enemy sent out but you've got something in your PC, especially a L. 100 that you got in a trade.


I guess this would only apply in-game because I could already see this pissing off the metagamers if they played your pokemon game lol.

Why would any players be irritated by this system?
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:40:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In Pokemon Fire & Ice, the evil team would be a group of Communist guerrillas called "Team Cartel." They'd be the first and only villainous Pokemon team to carry guns, but to make sure it stays a kid's game they'd never actually use them.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:02:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Feel free to post your own Pokemon Gen. VII ideas.

Opus: (Opossum Pokemon, evolves into "Marsup," Normal)

Gobyl (Turkey Pokemon, has two evolutions that I don't remember the names of, Normal, Flying)

A Pinata Ant and its other version counterpart, a Pinata Spider. Don't remember their names. Both have one evolution and both are bug type

Slabby (Granite Pokemon, Rock Type, evolves into "Granituff," rock type)

These are just a small handful of my Gen. VII Pokemon ideas.
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 11:32:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 7:02:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Feel free to post your own Pokemon Gen. VII ideas.

Gen VII should be made to replicate Gen II. In fact, don't even bother with Gen VII, just play Gen II.


Opus: (Opossum Pokemon, evolves into "Marsup," Normal)

Gobyl (Turkey Pokemon, has two evolutions that I don't remember the names of, Normal, Flying)

A Pinata Ant and its other version counterpart, a Pinata Spider. Don't remember their names. Both have one evolution and both are bug type

Slabby (Granite Pokemon, Rock Type, evolves into "Granituff," rock type)

These are just a small handful of my Gen. VII Pokemon ideas.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 8:30:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/22/2014 11:32:22 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 2/22/2014 7:02:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Feel free to post your own Pokemon Gen. VII ideas.

Gen VII should be made to replicate Gen II. In fact, don't even bother with Gen VII, just play Gen II.


Opus: (Opossum Pokemon, evolves into "Marsup," Normal)

Gobyl (Turkey Pokemon, has two evolutions that I don't remember the names of, Normal, Flying)

A Pinata Ant and its other version counterpart, a Pinata Spider. Don't remember their names. Both have one evolution and both are bug type

Slabby (Granite Pokemon, Rock Type, evolves into "Granituff," rock type)

These are just a small handful of my Gen. VII Pokemon ideas.

Sounds like you would've enjoyed HG/SS.
I'm hoping that Gen. VI gives Hoenn a remake.
lannan13
Posts: 23,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 7:49:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I thought that this was the DDO usar pokemon card thread, my mistake.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 2:16:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/24/2014 7:49:06 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I thought that this was the DDO usar pokemon card thread, my mistake.

You can post stuff about the TCG if you want to. This thread is about all things Pokemon.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 1:16:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 6:10:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
If you were able to invent a new Pokemon type, what would it be?

How about Virtual Type, or Genetic Type? They could have a lot of virus (computer or organic) Pokemon if they wanted to.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 1:26:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have you ever heard of the "Ash was in a coma" theory? It's fan-made but pretty mind-blowing.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com...'s_Coma
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,027
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 1:28:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/28/2014 1:26:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Have you ever heard of the "Ash was in a coma" theory? It's fan-made but pretty mind-blowing.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com...'s_Coma

Shoot I'm sorry, for some reason the link I shared doesn't bring you to the actual story... try this one instead:

http://cartoonoveranalyzations.com...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 9:24:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
BUUMPPPP

Time for some Pokemon discussion. So, Pokemon fans, have any of you played a fanmade game?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 10:05:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 9:24:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
BUUMPPPP

Time for some Pokemon discussion. So, Pokemon fans, have any of you played a fanmade game?

No. I stopped playing Pokemon long ago. Its gone much down in quality.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 10:07:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2014 1:16:45 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/25/2014 6:10:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
If you were able to invent a new Pokemon type, what would it be?

How about Virtual Type, or Genetic Type? They could have a lot of virus (computer or organic) Pokemon if they wanted to.

Rad. But how about a weather type? They could have moves like Storm, Lightning, Rainstorm, Hail, etc.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 10:08:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lol I didn't realize how old this thread was before Vox bumped it.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2015 11:01:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/16/2015 10:08:08 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
Lol I didn't realize how old this thread was before Vox bumped it.

bubbatheclown was my old account, so I'm bumping my own thread.
What was the last Pokemon game that you liked?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid