Jump to topic:

Do you think this is unreasonable?

weird_one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 11:14:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it unreasonable to only want to be friends with people who tolerate all the annoying things about you?

Personally, I don't feel like I should change just to make friends.

Here's the thing: If you're willing to tolerate everything about me, we can possibly make a friendship work, if not, goodbye.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 12:30:21 AM
At 2/28/2014 11:14:27 PM, weird_one wrote:
Is it unreasonable to only want to be friends with people who tolerate all the annoying things about you?

Here's the thing: If you're willing to tolerate everything about me, we can possibly make a friendship work, if not, goodbye.

It depends on what annoying things you do. If you have an annoying laugh, most people will tolerate that, and find to be a quirk of yours, as well as funny.

But if you have some seriously annoying traits, like constantly shirking important appointments, then you'll eventually lose all your friends.
weird_one
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 2:11:11 AM
At 3/1/2014 12:30:21 AM, Zarroette wrote:

It depends on what annoying things you do. If you have an annoying laugh, most people will tolerate that, and find to be a quirk of yours, as well as funny.

But if you have some seriously annoying traits, like constantly shirking important appointments, then you'll eventually lose all your friends.

No nothing serious like that, I mean things are annoying but are unintentional.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 2:39:53 AM
At 3/1/2014 2:11:11 AM, weird_one wrote:
At 3/1/2014 12:30:21 AM, Zarroette wrote:

No nothing serious like that, I mean things are annoying but are unintentional.

Okay, just be yourself :)
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 3:55:48 PM

I think it is unreasonable to expect everyone else to tip-toe around your sensibilities. Of course, they should not be tearing you down, but then again you shouldn't drop them because they give you constructive criticism. You want to be around people who make you better, not allow you to become stagnant, IMO.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
crazy_shad0ws
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:14:36 PM

Never change to make friends it's like being false.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2014 6:39:45 PM

Why do you feel the need to accept friendship requests from people who aren't you friends in the first place but only random people on a website you have never met . I'll assume you are talking about DDO
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2014 1:56:28 PM
At 3/1/2014 6:39:45 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why do you feel the need to accept friendship requests from people who aren't you friends in the first place but only random people on a website you have never met .

What's the harm?

I'll assume you are talking about DDO

He wasn't but this is funny to me so I'l let it slide.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Antiphone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 5:03:49 PM

If you are intolerable then people will not stick around long enough to make friends with you. Therefore, I deduce that if you have friends, they are tolerating you. Just do not test the limits of their tolerance.