Jump to topic:

Would you rather?

Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 4:48:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would you rather have a torturer act according to his nature, so he chooses your punishment, or be allowed the option to semi-decide your torture?

Torturer decides: A rather large man probably between 210-230 pounds, at least 6' tall. He has a large amount of devices on a table beside him used to inflict pain.

You decide: You're tied to a chair with no chance of escape. A single monitor is in front of you and has a list of options on it. Each one of the options is gruesome and will no doubt inflict a lot of pain. Also cannot result in death.

The torturer is allowed five minutes, but nothing that results in death. The monitor has a varied time based on the punishment. Fingers cut off is a single act, electroshock is a timed event.

I think I'd pick my torture, because no one knows you better than yourself and what you're capable of enduring right?

Important note. You do not have the ability to know what is on the monitor before choosing, because you do not know what the torturer is capable or willing to do.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 7:38:03 AM
At 3/11/2014 4:48:56 PM, Nebelous wrote:
Would you rather have a torturer act according to his nature, so he chooses your punishment, or be allowed the option to semi-decide your torture?

Torturer decides: A rather large man probably between 210-230 pounds, at least 6' tall. He has a large amount of devices on a table beside him used to inflict pain.

You decide: You're tied to a chair with no chance of escape. A single monitor is in front of you and has a list of options on it. Each one of the options is gruesome and will no doubt inflict a lot of pain. Also cannot result in death.

The torturer is allowed five minutes, but nothing that results in death. The monitor has a varied time based on the punishment. Fingers cut off is a single act, electroshock is a timed event.

I think I'd pick my torture, because no one knows you better than yourself and what you're capable of enduring right?

Important note. You do not have the ability to know what is on the monitor before choosing, because you do not know what the torturer is capable or willing to do.

I think that I'd be allowed to pick my own torture.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 10:04:14 AM

>How the hell am I supposed to choose anything if I'm tied to a chair
>Excuse me, sir. Could you loosen this rope for me so I could make my decision
>???
>Profit
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 11:30:47 PM

I'd have to choose my own torture. Not because I'm afraid of what he'd do, but because I wouldn't have the slightest control. At-least with a semi-choice, I have semi-control.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
yay842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 11:50:40 PM

i'd let the torturer decide for i know how to troll a torturer and waste his 5 minutes
30 Important Life Lessons
http://www.debate.org...
20 Terrifying Two-Sentence Horrors
20 Jokes That Only Geniuses Will Understand
Name One Song That Can't Match This GIF
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...
Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:40:45 AM
At 3/12/2014 10:04:14 AM, MassiveDump wrote:

>???
>Profit

I didn't realize being tied to a chair made you incapable of speech. Are you only capable of making decisions with your hands?
Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:50:42 AM
At 3/12/2014 11:30:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I'd have to choose my own torture. Not because I'm afraid of what he'd do, but because I wouldn't have the slightest control. At-least with a semi-choice, I have semi-control.

Would this console you as your fingers are being ripped off? Or being struck in the knees by a hammer? Serious question lol.
Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:51:57 AM
At 3/12/2014 11:50:40 PM, yay842 wrote:

i'd let the torturer decide for i know how to troll a torturer and waste his 5 minutes
Trolling results in overtime. 5 minutes.
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:00:44 PM
At 3/13/2014 11:40:45 AM, Nebelous wrote:
At 3/12/2014 10:04:14 AM, MassiveDump wrote:

>???
>Profit

I didn't realize being tied to a chair made you incapable of speech. Are you only capable of making decisions with your hands?

I am a ginger: a dangerous mix of Scottish and French. I don't make decisions with my hands--

I make them with my fists.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:29:53 PM

I don't know. If I had to pick, I'd know what would harm me the most. Also, I a kind of masochistic so. . . yeah
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
The_Serb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 4:21:38 PM
I chose to choose ..

Tied down, starknaked in the torture chair, I was shocked to see the list of torture methods I was required to choose from, and have inflicted on me for a duration of max. 5 min.

THEY ARE TERRIBLE:

Castration
Thumbs cut off
Being burned with a cigarette
Breaking every bone in both my feet
50.000 volt of electric shock torture to my balls and cockhead

A decision is needed.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 4:30:01 PM
At 3/16/2014 4:21:38 PM, The_Serb wrote:
I chose to choose ..

Tied down, starknaked in the torture chair, I was shocked to see the list of torture methods I was required to choose from, and have inflicted on me for a duration of max. 5 min.

THEY ARE TERRIBLE:

Castration
Thumbs cut off

A decision is needed.

I would choose, in order from "I can manage" to "Please, God, NO!"
- Cigarette burning
- Breaking every bone in both my feet
- Thumbs cut off
- Electricity to my balls and cockhead
- Castration

Pain is weakness leaving the body, I can manage all the things above except the last two - mostly castration. I am not sure I could live without my manhood. I would seek vengeance on everyone involved with my castration by feeding them their own balls before letting them bleed out while hanging from a rusty hook.
Fox-McCloud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 4:38:02 PM
At 3/16/2014 4:30:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/16/2014 4:21:38 PM, The_Serb wrote:
I chose to choose ..

THEY ARE TERRIBLE:

Castration
Thumbs cut off

A decision is needed.

I would choose, in order from "I can manage" to "Please, God, NO!"
- Cigarette burning
- Breaking every bone in both my feet
- Thumbs cut off
- Electricity to my balls and cockhead
- Castration

Pain is weakness leaving the body, I can manage all the things above except the last two - mostly castration. I am not sure I could live without my manhood. I would seek vengeance on everyone involved with my castration by feeding them their own balls before letting them bleed out while hanging from a rusty hook.

I largely agree with you, but seriously, breaking every bone in both your feet above thumbs cut off??
Abortion Is Generally Morally Reprehensible: http://www.debate.org...

The instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves - Archibald Alison

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven! - William Wordsworth
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 4:41:23 PM
At 3/16/2014 4:38:02 PM, Fox-McCloud wrote:

I largely agree with you, but seriously, breaking every bone in both your feet above thumbs cut off??

I know... that was the toughest choice for me. I weighed it based on the time it would take to heal and rehabilitate my feet vs. forever being stuck with fake thumbs. I've also broken my feet before so in my mind it seemed like something I could overcome again vs. never experiencing it before and not knowing how it would turn out in the long run.
Fox-McCloud
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 5:02:17 PM
At 3/16/2014 4:41:23 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I know... that was the toughest choice for me. I weighed it based on the time it would take to heal and rehabilitate my feet vs. forever being stuck with fake thumbs. I've also broken my feet before so in my mind it seemed like something I could overcome again vs. never experiencing it before and not knowing how it would turn out in the long run.

That is a thoughtful consideration, however I am afraid it is flawed nonetheless. If you lose your thumbs there are protheses available, so that you can function normally. I further think that the inflicted pain is a few degrees lower compared to have all the bones in your feet broken. I don't know about you, but can I imagine that a broken feet is a little bit different from having all your bones broken in your feet. 58 total. I also am suspicous that this won't go softly, rather I think a hammer will be used combined with force, thus smashing your feet to pulp. Deducing from there I conclude that rehabilitation is not an option. Sure, one can get feet protheses, but because that variable is now eliminated, I would go with the lowest magnitude of pain.
Abortion Is Generally Morally Reprehensible: http://www.debate.org...

The instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves - Archibald Alison

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven! - William Wordsworth
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 5:25:43 PM
At 3/16/2014 5:02:17 PM, Fox-McCloud wrote:
At 3/16/2014 4:41:23 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

That is a thoughtful consideration, however I am afraid it is flawed nonetheless. If you lose your thumbs there are prostheses available, so that you can function normally. I further think that the inflicted pain is a few degrees lower compared to have all the bones in your feet broken. I don't know about you, but can I imagine that a broken feet is a little bit different from having all your bones broken in your feet. 58 total. I also am suspicious that this won't go softly, rather I think a hammer will be used combined with force, thus smashing your feet to pulp. Deducing from there I conclude that rehabilitation is not an option. Sure, one can get feet prostheses, but because that variable is now eliminated, I would go with the lowest magnitude of pain.

Good observations. Having 58 individual bones broken via brute force by method of a hammer is definitely worse than the breaks I sustained personally. I guess it would come down to the choice between prosthetic thumbs vs. prosthetic feet. If that was the case, I'd go with thumbs as well, but only if rehabilitation for the feet was not an option. I didn't consider that in my previous assessment of the situation.