Jump to topic:

Right to be p^ssed?

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 11:35:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So basically, I was going to my friends bday bash on Saturday. My sister said she'd be good to cover me up until 12 a.m., which was fine. About 10 p.m. she says she's picking me up in 15 minutes.

Since then I've ignored her 2 days straight and I'm still moderately mad at her. My dad gave out to me for being mad at her, but for me it's pretty rational.

Thoughts?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 11:47:12 AM
At 1/25/2010 11:40:41 AM, Koopin wrote:
Tell me about your mother...

What about her?
Mr.Dink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 11:53:50 AM
At 1/25/2010 11:35:07 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
So basically, I was going to my friends bday bash on Saturday. My sister said she'd be good to cover me up until 12 a.m., which was fine. About 10 p.m. she says she's picking me up in 15 minutes.

Since then I've ignored her 2 days straight and I'm still moderately mad at her. My dad gave out to me for being mad at her, but for me it's pretty rational.

Thoughts?

Wait what do you mean "cover you"?
And what do you mean "gave out to me"
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 11:57:16 AM
At 1/25/2010 11:47:12 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

What about her?

Was there any stress in your early childhood?
You know, sometimes we put up this screen-shield to hide what we are really feeling.
I suggest seeing a doctor.
kfc
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:03:41 PM
At 1/25/2010 11:53:50 AM, Mr.Dink wrote:

Thoughts?

As in, she could give me a lift any time up to 12 a.m.

By give out, more less shout at.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:04:07 PM
At 1/25/2010 11:57:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/25/2010 11:47:12 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

What about her?

Was there any stress in your early childhood?
You know, sometimes we put up this screen-shield to hide what we are really feeling.
I suggest seeing a doctor.

Saw a "doctor" - ineffective.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:17:06 PM

Thoughts?

Stop being a b1tch and be grateful that you're sister would pick you up in the first place. Don't you have friends or friends' parents who could drive you home? Walk home if you don't want to be picked up as per your sister's command. Your sister isn't your servant.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:18:31 PM
At 1/25/2010 12:17:06 PM, Nags wrote:

Stop being a b1tch and be grateful that you're sister would pick you up in the first place. Don't you have friends or friends' parents who could drive you home? Walk home if you don't want to be picked up as per your sister's command. Your sister isn't your servant.

Oh no! Panda's sister hacked Nag's account!!!
kfc
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:21:58 PM
ah wow .... i would be mad too i have a brother who is a snitchso i cant go to a party without him telling on me i compleatly understand
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:22:20 PM
Yes Panda. She was doing you a favour. You could always have got a taxi if 10.15pm. was too early.

Also, if you gave her a hard time about it, I doubt she'll offer to give you a lift home again.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:45:25 PM
I know you're pissed, but you shouldn't be. I understand that you wanted to stay at the party longer, but at least you got to go in the first place which is more than I can say for a lot of people (most parents I know were very strict when I was in HS)... and you got a free ride. Plus, maybe it was like a fashionably early exit? Not to mention that the "So how was the rest of the party after I left?" was a great conversation starter for that girl you like ;)
President of DDO
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:57:27 PM
well know that i think about it at lest you got to go i maen at least she covered for you that long and she has a life to and she needs to live it you know what i mean?
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:00:49 PM
At 1/25/2010 12:57:27 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
well know that i think about it at lest you got to go i maen at least she covered for you that long and she has a life to and she needs to live it you know what i mean?

... And you expect to go to college next year?
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:04:57 PM
The problem is she went back on her word. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for the lift and all at 10 p.m. but I had told people "yeah, I can stay until midnight".

@Lwerd - She has a BF, so I'm not really interested no more,
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:06:26 PM
Well, be disappointed - not pissed.

And I guarantee that if you apologize to her for being mad and say that you were appreciative of the ride in general, that she won't do that to you again (because she'll feel bad).
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:09:25 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:06:26 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, be disappointed - not pissed.

And I guarantee that if you apologize to her for being mad and say that you were appreciative of the ride in general, that she won't do that to you again (because she'll feel bad).

Nah, as with most fights within my family, there is no formal apology, just eventual resumption of normal life.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:11:56 PM
nope the navy
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:15:26 PM
Hey, man, at least you have friends. Be grateful you have adapted into a sociable being.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:20:46 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:15:26 PM, Sylux wrote:
Hey, man, at least you have friends. Be grateful you have adapted into a sociable being.

Advice dog:
http://i45.tinypic.com...
Mr.Dink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:32:54 PM
At 1/25/2010 12:03:41 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/25/2010 11:53:50 AM, Mr.Dink wrote:

Thoughts?

As in, she could give me a lift any time up to 12 a.m.

By give out, more less shout at.

Nah I don't think you do as your sis was being nice in driving you at all. Lol be glad you had an older sibling, I didn't and thus was either walking/biking home.

Personally if I were you and for the future, offer a financial/food incentive.

Willing to pay over five dollars = "Hey I'll give you x dollars if you could do wait 2 hours"
Willing to pay less than 5 dollars = "Hey I'll buy you (4 double cheeseburgers) *insert her favorite fastfood/ice cream beverage here* if you wait 2 hours"

Next time there won't be a problem
Mr.Dink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:33:36 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:00:49 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/25/2010 12:57:27 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

... And you expect to go to college next year?

10/10
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 7:21:46 AM
At 1/25/2010 1:20:46 PM, Nags wrote:

Advice dog:
I wasn't talking about myself...
=_=
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
AndrewMMA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 8:03:33 PM
At 1/25/2010 12:21:58 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
ah wow .... i would be mad too i have a brother who is a snitchso i cant go to a party without him telling on me i compleatly understand

What do you understand??? That you can't go out and party? How would your brother even no unless you told him when you new he would tell? That's your fault. And it's really sad that you would be mad a your brother who you seem to appreciate so much for what seems like snitching to you but is really a brother caring about his sister trying to keep her out of trouble. And you will realize this the day when he gets to say I told you that you shouldn't of gone to that party
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 3:43:27 AM
At 1/27/2010 8:03:33 PM, AndrewMMA wrote:
At 1/25/2010 12:21:58 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

What do you understand??? That you can't go out and party? How would your brother even no unless you told him when you new he would tell? That's your fault. And it's really sad that you would be mad a your brother who you seem to appreciate so much for what seems like snitching to you but is really a brother caring about his sister trying to keep her out of trouble. And you will realize this the day when he gets to say I told you that you shouldn't of gone to that party

You must not have siblings. If you do, then your siblings are angels.

Siblings rat on one another more out of a pleasure of seeing the other either get in trouble with their parents or for revenge of a previous wrong. Trust me, I have an early teenage sister and a younger brother.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 8:06:11 AM
You should not be mad.
Dude, she has a life(i am assuming) and it was a simple mistake.

You should have tried to find another ride from a friend if you wanted to stay.

To me this is silly.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 2:33:15 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:20:46 PM, Nags wrote:

Advice dog:

More help:
http://ziff.net...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light