Jump to topic:

You may now kiss the...game?

Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 3:55:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So apparently some guy married a video game character as his wife; actually "married" as if in real life. Honestly...what is the world coming too when people gotta compete with fake people as well as real people?

Here is a link if anybody's interested...
http://www.cnn.com...

Just wow...I get being obsessed over video games, but ermm...who knew people take fake dating that seriously? 0.0 Dang, technical achievements in dating sims!.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 4:13:19 PM
I don't think the wedding was legit (meaning recognized by the state), as he didn't provide his real name. Probably just a stage to make him feel like people actually cared about him.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 4:17:29 PM
Still...just the idea of marrying a game is...well I would actually be willing to call that absurd...of course who am I to argue what one should/shouldn't love.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 4:18:44 PM
At 1/25/2010 4:17:29 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Still...just the idea of marrying a game is...well I would actually be willing to call that absurd...of course who am I to argue what one should/shouldn't love.

First off, I highly doubt that "love" is involved. Most likely lust and desperation for attention.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 4:19:51 PM
Well I don't think your going to marry a video game for "lust"; I mean their easier ways...though I can't really contest the fame idea. What people will do for fame these days is absurd if you ask me. However, if somebody wants to be famous for marrying a video game...well I dunno is that good fame, bad fame, or just fame?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 5:27:44 PM
How is the marriage to be consumated?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 7:25:15 AM
Well, I have a character who is married within a game. Hell, he's on his second marriage.

But the player marrying the character, that's going a little too far.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 8:02:14 AM
lol You can't marry a video game character. It's the same reason why you can't marry a dog. They don't have a legal standing and can't sign a marriage contract. So don't worry about it ;)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 7:31:26 PM
Imagine if you could though...how many loop holes would open up in benefits 0.0 ...*tax form*-yep my wife makes no money what-so-ever...yay we qualified for welfare! awesome! =P
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 7:36:22 PM
At 1/28/2010 8:02:14 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
lol You can't marry a video game character. It's the same reason why you can't marry a dog. They don't have a legal standing and can't sign a marriage contract. So don't worry about it ;)

Semi-related
http://www.mcsweeneys.net...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 8:15:25 PM
At 1/28/2010 7:31:26 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Imagine if you could though...how many loop holes would open up in benefits 0.0 ...*tax form*-yep my wife makes no money what-so-ever...yay we qualified for welfare! awesome! =P

Then add polygamy to that.

I make 200,000 a year but have 13 dependents (all video game characters), so the government needs to send me money!!!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 9:12:34 PM

You kidding? How many video games really have characters who find it difficult to make money?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2010 9:21:39 PM
At 1/28/2010 9:12:34 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You kidding? How many video games really have characters who find it difficult to make money?

If you get the character's real world income (meaning the money that they make from the games), video game production would end. Who would make a video game and risk the character getting married and taking all the royalties and profit from the game with them?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 2:41:34 AM
Yes, but what this guy doesn't know is that she only married him for his money. In actual fact she is homosexual and when he logs off she goes and has steamy lesbian sex sessions with Lara Croft out of Tombraider.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 3:42:24 PM
What's the problem with them getting a legal marriage? It's virtual and lacks emotions. It's the same as robot, you own it do as you so nominate.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:02:13 PM
At 1/29/2010 2:41:34 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Yes, but what this guy doesn't know is that she only married him for his money. In actual fact she is homosexual and when he logs off she goes and has steamy lesbian sex sessions with Lara Croft out of Tombraider.

made me lol
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:41:49 PM
At 1/29/2010 3:42:24 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
What's the problem with them getting a legal marriage? It's virtual and lacks emotions. It's the same as robot, you own it do as you so nominate.

As Orele alluded to, the character is owned by the developer, the user just has a license for gameplay and ownership of the physical media. This means they would have to seek to buy the copyright before marriage, unless they want the marriage to be, not to the character, but to a compact disk/cartridge etc.

The sex with which would probably be painful.
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:32:09 PM
thats nothing some lady had married th eifel tower
no joke either
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 10:08:32 AM
At 1/29/2010 6:32:09 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
thats nothing some lady had married th eifel tower
no joke either

Granted, she doesn't own the Eiffel tower, but if she did there would be no problem.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.