Jump to topic:

Offering Debate Coaching

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 7:50:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I wouldn't mind helping out new users who are looking to get into more formal, structured debate but need some tips and tricks to help them along.

If you're interested in some debate help, let me know!

Also (free) Pro Tip #1:

Debate resolutions should not be in the form of a question. It should be in the form of a statement you're defending or opposing.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 7:53:12 PM
I've been here a month, so I'm not exactly new. But sometimes when I debate a topic, my arguments are very sophisticated and philosophical, and I'm pretty sure the audience gets confused.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:06:01 PM
At 3/17/2014 7:53:12 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I've been here a month, so I'm not exactly new. But sometimes when I debate a topic, my arguments are very sophisticated and philosophical, and I'm pretty sure the audience gets confused.

Eh, uninformed voters I can't really help with. If you feel like you're making good points and have good structure then you're in the good.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:27:09 PM
At 3/17/2014 7:50:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Debate resolutions should not be in the form of a question. It should be in the form of a statement you're defending or opposing.

God yes! I always get a little annoyed when seeing resolutions being in the form of a question.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:31:22 PM
At 3/17/2014 8:27:09 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 3/17/2014 7:50:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

God yes! I always get a little annoyed when seeing resolutions being in the form of a question.

We all do.

Nice profile pic by the way.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 9:48:21 PM
PRO TIP 2*

Make either your debate whether by resolution or explanation specific as possible or at least not to vague.

The more vague it is, the more open to interpretation it is, and you might end up with a debate which you didn't want to engage in, in the first place.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:52:37 PM
Pro tip 3:

Actually I don't give anyone a tip.... especially if you're a guy.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."