Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 5:30:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 5:29:34 AM, Haroush wrote:
At 3/27/2014 5:28:44 AM, Haroush wrote:
Janetsanders

Well, he is one of them. That is for sure.

^Bump.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:38:23 AM
Alwaysmorethenyou is probably the best.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:44:17 AM
1. GodChoosesLife. Because, let's face it. Everybody respects her. Even the non-religious respect her.

2. InquireTruth. Because let's face it. He's smarter than the rest of us.

3. PopCulturePooka. Because let's face it. Everybody likes him, and he can argue!

That's about all I got.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:56:27 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:44:17 AM, philochristos wrote:
1. GodChoosesLife. Because, let's face it. Everybody respects her. Even the non-religious respect her.

3. PopCulturePooka. Because let's face it. Everybody likes him, and he can argue!

That's about all I got.

This is the top ten though..
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:57:16 AM
At 3/27/2014 11:56:27 AM, Haroush wrote:

That's about all I got.

Sorry, I couldn't come up with the other seven. Maybe somebody else can.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 12:14:39 PM
At 3/27/2014 11:57:16 AM, philochristos wrote:

That's about all I got.

Hopefully -_-
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:01:07 PM
At 3/27/2014 11:57:16 AM, philochristos wrote:

That's about all I got.

I would have possibly had a chance making into the top ten, but my recent blow up screwed that up. Smh.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:56:48 PM
At 3/27/2014 5:28:03 AM, Haroush wrote:
Who are the top ten leaders of the religious community here on DDO?

Philochristos.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:57:33 PM
At 3/27/2014 5:28:03 AM, Haroush wrote:
Who are the top ten leaders of the religious community here on DDO?

Invisible deity for the atheists. *cough cough* hehe ;)

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 2:59:02 PM
At 3/27/2014 7:38:23 AM, lannan13 wrote:

He's the same person as Nur-Ab-Sal I believe.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 4:37:28 PM
At 3/27/2014 2:59:02 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I would've mentioned Nur-Ab-Sal if he had been around, but I think he deactivated his account.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 4:45:48 PM
You know, come to think of it, I'm not sure there are any religious leaders here. You can't be a leader if nobody is following you, and I don't get the impression that there's any religious person on these forums that people go to for help or look to for insight. I could be wrong, though. Maybe all the going-to takes place in private messages. Or maybe there are people for whom others hang on their words and glean insight from them without saying anything about it.

OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 4:59:21 PM
At 3/27/2014 4:45:48 PM, philochristos wrote:
You know, come to think of it, I'm not sure there are any religious leaders here. You can't be a leader if nobody is following you, and I don't get the impression that there's any religious person on these forums that people go to for help or look to for insight. I could be wrong, though. Maybe all the going-to takes place in private messages. Or maybe there are people for whom others hang on their words and glean insight from them without saying anything about it.

I've had two atheists message me and say that they really respect my beliefs and the way I defend them. One even asked if I could recommend some books to him that helped shape my worldview.

I doubt that counts as being a religious leader, though, lol.
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 5:01:47 PM
At 3/27/2014 4:59:21 PM, OtakuJordan wrote:
At 3/27/2014 4:45:48 PM, philochristos wrote:

I've had two atheists message me and say that they really respect my beliefs and the way I defend them. One even asked if I could recommend some books to him that helped shape my worldview.

I doubt that counts as being a religious leader, though, lol.

Well, that counts for something.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 5:03:34 PM
Oh, I guess I'd have to say donald Keller, too. People do seem to look up to him.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 5:41:31 PM
At 3/27/2014 4:37:28 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/27/2014 2:59:02 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I would've mentioned Nur-Ab-Sal if he had been around, but I think he deactivated his account.

Yeah he deactivated one of his accounts, which really sucks.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 6:17:45 PM
This isn't a church. There are no religious leaders.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 6:31:30 PM
At 3/27/2014 6:17:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
This isn't a church. There are no religious leaders.

Why does there need to be a church before there can be religious leaders? A leader doesn't have to be a member of the clergy. A leader can just be somebody that others look up to, learn from, and attempt to emulate.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:20:16 PM
People of faith follow religion they don't lead it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:21:17 PM
Secularists try to lead religion
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:42:26 PM
At 3/27/2014 7:20:16 PM, sadolite wrote:

Well, there must be people held at higher regard than the majority of the religious community on here. Which in my understanding they would be considered the leaders of the religious community on DDO.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:45:47 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:42:26 PM, Haroush wrote:

Well, there must be people held at higher regard than the majority of the religious community on here. Which in my understanding they would be considered the leaders of the religious community on DDO.

Who are these self anointed leaders of religion on DDO?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:49:06 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:45:47 PM, sadolite wrote:

That's why I posted this. To figure that out. Though without enough participation, I don't think we'd know.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:53:15 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:49:06 PM, Haroush wrote:

That's why I posted this. To figure that out. Though without enough participation, I don't think we'd know.

I am guessing anyone who expresses any kind of religious faith is appointed to that position by the secularists of DDO. Secularists don't understand how faith works.

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 9:16:59 PM
At 3/27/2014 8:53:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:49:06 PM, Haroush wrote:

I am guessing anyone who expresses any kind of religious faith is appointed to that position by the secularists of DDO. Secularists don't understand how faith works.

No. Not necessarily. Though, their opinion is welcomed. That is why I said, there'll probably not be enough participation in this thread. I think you noticed I mentioned Janet Sanders right?