The Legend of DDO

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:18:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 1:

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, also known as Miami, Florida there lived an evil creature known throughout the lands as Imabench. Imabench was, unlike his name suggested, not a bench of any kind. He was a wrathful dragon, that lived in an abandoned castle, who had taken hostage the most beautiful princess in the land, thett3.

The noble King Airmax dispersed his best knight, Sir TUF to rescue the princess, but upon successfully retrieving the damsel in distress the princess's case of Stockholm syndrome compelled him to to return to the dragon much to Sir TUF's dismay. Upon returning to the dragon, thett3 was whisked away and locked in the smallest room in the highest tower in the abandoned castle as a gloomy fog settled in.

King Airmax's chief advisor, Father Ore-Ele, concerned for the mental and physical well-being of the princess, assembled a team of psychiatrists to hear Sir TUF's report. Indeed, they concluded that it was Stockholm Syndrome. Ore-Ele dispatched ClassicRobert as a messenger to the abandoned castle which was guarded by a vengeful spirit, known as EndarkenedRationalist, which stopped ClassicRobert at the foot of the bridge across moat which surrounded the castle.

"Who dares cross this bridge?" demanded the vengeful spirit.

"I come bearing the dragon no harm!" ClassicRobert shouted, as the spirit was across the great moat.

"What do you want, then?" EndarkenedRationalist snarled.

"I wish to establish bilateral peace negotiations between the Noble King Airmax and the Dragon and negotiate the release of the most beautiful princess in the land, thett3!"

"Fine, then. We'll see just how harmless you are." The spirit seemed annoyed that his day was inconvenienced.

"This war has gone on long enough!" ClassicRobert said as he began to cross the bridge. "The king just wants his princess back!"

The spirit, knowing that thett3 had grown very attached to the dragon, burst out laughing. Not dismayed, ClassicRobert entered the abandoned castle where he saw the dragon's strategic advisor sipping a glass of red wine before a roaring fire.

"And you are?" The unnamed face asked.

"I am ClassicRobert, I come here on orders from Ore-Ele on behalf of King Airmax to negotiate the release of thett3!" Bobbert reported.

"Brilliant." The unnamed face replied, after taking a further sip of wine. "I tried to stop him from taking the princess, but nooooo! No one ever listens to me! This is why we can't have nice things, I said. This is why we're living in an abandoned castle."

"Am I acceptable to you as a negotiator?" ClassicRobert asked.

"Sure, but I'd rather be talking directly with the foreign minister." The unnamed face replied. "Oh, I'm YYW, the dragon's strategic advisor."

"Greetings to you, YYW!" ClassicRobert replied, cordially.

"King Airmax's foreign minister... He was always so adorable." YYW talked past ClassicRobert.

"You mean Sir Bsh1?" ClassicRobert asked.

"Ahh, yes." YYW sipped his wine and stared off into the distance wistfully. "I had always hoped to take him... to dinner, of course."

"Only to dinner?" ClassicRobert smiled, knowing that YYW's near freudian slip gave him the opportunity to exercise a considerable deal of leverage in future bilateral negotiations between King Airmax and the dragon.

"I just wanted to move to somewhere warm, get a nice condo and live off of the dividends of my stock portfolio." YYW continued. "But here I am, in this castle... alone, other than that wretched spirit that haunts the moat and the dragon. I can't even have a conversation with the princess. After all, thett3 is mesmerized by the dragon now. It's got to be the Stockholms."

"We could return to King Airmax's great and splendid court, where you could negotiate directly with Sir Bsh1 in person." ClassicRobert suggested. "In the interest of... diplomacy, of course."

"Diplomacy." YYW said after a pause. "Yes. Diplomacy. Anything for diplomacy. We'll work all of this unpleasantness with the princess and the war out, but we'll do it over fruity drinks with little umbrella's in them. Ahem, I mean on neutral ground, in a week. You, me, Sir Bsh1 and anyone else King Airmax would like to represent him on his behalf. I'll leave the Dragon and the vengeful spirit at the castle."

"Anywhere in particular you'd like?" ClassicRobert asked.

"Actually yeah. How about the British Virgin Islands?"

"I'll see you in a week." With that, ClassicRobert departed successfully. He established a first round of bilateral negotiations in the hope of rescuing the princess, Thett3 and ending the war with the dragon.

Pt. 2 to come later.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:23:49 PM
First one to be mentioned woo!

*goes back to reading the rest of the story*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:26:25 PM
*finishes end of part 1*

WOO :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 11:25:40 PM
At 3/28/2014 8:18:49 PM, YYW wrote:
Part 1:

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, also known as Miami, Florida there lived an evil creature known throughout the lands as Imabench. Imabench was, unlike his name suggested, not a bench of any kind. He was a wrathful dragon, that lived in an abandoned castle, who had taken hostage the most beautiful princess in the land, thett3.

Naturally.

The noble King Airmax dispersed his best knight, Sir TUF to rescue the princess, but upon successfully retrieving the damsel in distress the princess's case of Stockholm syndrome compelled him to to return to the dragon much to Sir TUF's dismay. Upon returning to the dragon, thett3 was whisked away and locked in the smallest room in the highest tower in the abandoned castle as a gloomy fog settled in.

King Airmax's chief advisor, Father Ore-Ele, concerned for the mental and physical well-being of the princess, assembled a team of psychiatrists to hear Sir TUF's report. Indeed, they concluded that it was Stockholm Syndrome. Ore-Ele dispatched ClassicRobert as a messenger to the abandoned castle which was guarded by a vengeful spirit, known as EndarkenedRationalist, which stopped ClassicRobert at the foot of the bridge across moat which surrounded the castle.

I'm mentioned?! Best day ever.

Wait, I'm a spirit? Well, Ima is a dragon, so I'm cool with it,

"I come bearing the dragon no harm!" ClassicRobert shouted, as the spirit was across the great moat.

"I wish to establish bilateral peace negotiations between the Noble King Airmax and the Dragon and negotiate the release of the most beautiful princess in the land, thett3!"

"Fine, then. We'll see just how harmless you are." The spirit seemed annoyed that his day was inconvenienced.

Accurate.

"This war has gone on long enough!" ClassicRobert said as he began to cross the bridge. "The king just wants his princess back!"

The spirit, knowing that thett3 had grown very attached to the dragon, burst out laughing. Not dismayed, ClassicRobert entered the abandoned castle where he saw the dragon's strategic advisor sipping a glass of red wine before a roaring fire.

"I am ClassicRobert, I come here on orders from Ore-Ele on behalf of King Airmax to negotiate the release of thett3!" Bobbert reported.

"Brilliant." The unnamed face replied, after taking a further sip of wine. "I tried to stop him from taking the princess, but nooooo! No one ever listens to me! This is why we can't have nice things, I said. This is why we're living in an abandoned castle."

I hate saying lol. But lol.

"Sure, but I'd rather be talking directly with the foreign minister." The unnamed face replied. "Oh, I'm YYW, the dragon's strategic advisor."

"King Airmax's foreign minister... He was always so adorable." YYW talked past ClassicRobert.

*sigh*

"Ahh, yes." YYW sipped his wine and stared off into the distance wistfully. "I had always hoped to take him... to dinner, of course."

Ima needs a new strategic advisor. Or he needs to let his own release steam every now and then.

"Only to dinner?" ClassicRobert smiled, knowing that YYW's near freudian slip gave him the opportunity to exercise a considerable deal of leverage in future bilateral negotiations between King Airmax and the dragon.

Freud: *coughs*

"I just wanted to move to somewhere warm, get a nice condo and live off of the dividends of my stock portfolio." YYW continued. "But here I am, in this castle... alone, other than that wretched spirit that haunts the moat and the dragon. I can't even have a conversation with the princess. After all, thett3 is mesmerized by the dragon now. It's got to be the Stockholms."

"Wretched" :,-(

"We could return to King Airmax's great and splendid court, where you could negotiate directly with Sir Bsh1 in person." ClassicRobert suggested. "In the interest of... diplomacy, of course."

"Diplomacy." YYW said after a pause. "Yes. Diplomacy. Anything for diplomacy. We'll work all of this unpleasantness with the princess and the war out, but we'll do it over fruity drinks with little umbrella's in them. Ahem, I mean on neutral ground, in a week. You, me, Sir Bsh1 and anyone else King Airmax would like to represent him on his behalf. I'll leave the Dragon and the vengeful spirit at the castle."

Ooh. Leaving us at the castle. Kinky.

"I'll see you in a week." With that, ClassicRobert departed successfully. He established a first round of bilateral negotiations in the hope of rescuing the princess, Thett3 and ending the war with the dragon.

Pt. 2 to come later.

<3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:53:36 AM
At 3/28/2014 11:25:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
"Wretched" :,-(

lol, of course you're not wretched.... but the vengeful spirit is. It'l be relevant later.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:54:22 AM
At 3/28/2014 11:56:11 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Interesting story so far...

Cheers. It started out a little bit dry, but it'l get juicer very soon.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 12:59:57 AM
At 3/29/2014 12:54:22 AM, YYW wrote:

Intros can often be a bit dry, though I thought this opening was actually fairly compelling... I'm still waiting for The Old Man and the Sea to get interesting and I finished that story years ago.
Debate.org Moderator
Pitbull15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:03:00 AM
Part 1:

Pt. 2 to come later.

Interesting story!

BTW, who deleted my post about the DDO Holy Bible?
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:03:54 AM
At 3/29/2014 12:59:57 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 12:54:22 AM, YYW wrote:

Intros can often be a bit dry, though I thought this opening was actually fairly compelling... I'm still waiting for The Old Man and the Sea to get interesting and I finished that story years ago.

haha, I never really liked Hemingway either. So dry and depressing -but the fact that I've one upped one of the greatest writers in the American cannon (or so they say) I'll take as a pretty high compliment!
Tsar of DDO
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:04:02 AM
Part 1:

Pt. 2 to come later.

Is it later yet?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 1:08:36 AM
At 3/29/2014 1:04:02 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Is it later yet?

Well, technically I suppose... but not so much so that I've got part 2 out yet. I'll type it tomorrow.
Tsar of DDO
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 11:18:56 AM
At 3/29/2014 1:08:36 AM, YYW wrote:
Is it later yet?

Well, technically I suppose... but not so much so that I've got part 2 out yet. I'll type it tomorrow.

It's Tomorrow.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 2:38:35 PM
At 3/29/2014 11:18:56 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Is it later yet?

It's Tomorrow.

no, it's today. Tomorrow isn't until tomorrow.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:36:40 PM
At 3/29/2014 2:38:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Is it later yet?

It's Tomorrow.

"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 4:50:36 PM
At 3/29/2014 4:36:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/29/2014 2:38:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Is it later yet?

It's Tomorrow.

+1000 for the Spaceballs reference.

Definitely one of my favorite movies ever.

(Don't ever watch the cartoon they made...it's like it was made on a bet, and the bet was "Can you make this movie be not funny?")
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Technition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 5:13:29 PM
I don't know why I laughed so hard Iamabench I almost thought it was an actual name XD
To bad I can't have all caps...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 8:08:13 PM
At 3/29/2014 10:21:22 PM, YYW wrote:
So, it's looking like sunday will be when I do this. Things have come up tonight.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 11:05:09 PM
At 3/30/2014 8:08:13 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
So, it's looking like sunday will be when I do this. Things have come up tonight.

Monday... yeah. It'e been a busy day. I really am glad that you guys like this, though. I'll try to write Pt. 2 soon!
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:26:06 PM
At 3/30/2014 11:05:09 PM, YYW wrote:

Monday... yeah. It'e been a busy day. I really am glad that you guys like this, though. I'll try to write Pt. 2 soon!

*cough*
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:31:45 PM
At 4/1/2014 6:26:06 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

*cough*

I was emailed that there was a new post in this forum and got excited. But nope.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:36:04 PM
At 4/1/2014 6:31:45 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

*cough*

I was emailed that there was a new post in this forum and got excited. But nope.

I apologise for sending your hopes so high only to make them crash and burn.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:41:46 PM
At 4/1/2014 6:36:04 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

*cough*

One day you'll be forgiven.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:47:42 PM
At 4/1/2014 6:41:46 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

*cough*

http://ecx.images-amazon.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 6:51:20 PM
At 4/1/2014 6:47:42 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/1/2014 6:41:46 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

*cough*

http://ecx.images-amazon.com...

Speaking of Pokemon, you may be interested in my newest debate.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 7:58:33 PM

*cough*

Bobbert is gone now. I might write up a new Legend of DDO, to only include the active members.
Tsar of DDO