Jump to topic:

underage partying?..

brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 8:39:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do your honestly believe that it is ok for underage people to party around alcohol
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 8:43:43 PM
Around it, yes. With it, no.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 8:46:49 PM
At 1/30/2010 8:46:03 PM, Koopin wrote:
Brooke, maybe you should get another Profile picture... Yours looks a little, well... You know.
kfc
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 8:49:27 PM
At 1/30/2010 8:43:43 PM, Korashk wrote:

I loll'ed.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:12:04 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:07:07 PM, asiansarentnerdy wrote:

Same difference, no?

They should be able to party while it is around, but they shouldn't drink it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:18:09 PM
At 1/30/2010 8:39:15 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
Do your honestly believe that it is ok for underage people to party around alcohol

Who is (are?) 'you'?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:22:44 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:12:04 PM, Korashk wrote:

Same difference, no?

'Tis their choice to drink it. I would never drink, but I cannot control their choices. If they do nothing to harm others while drinking or after, then I won't give a darn.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:24:04 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:22:44 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Same difference, no?

'Tis their choice to drink it. I would never drink, but I cannot control their choices. If they do nothing to harm others while drinking or after, then I won't give a darn.

I'll go with this dude's words.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:25:24 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:24:04 PM, True2GaGa wrote:

Same difference, no?

Is this the union of the Mafia and the Crips?
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:27:04 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:25:24 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 1/30/2010 9:24:04 PM, True2GaGa wrote:

Same difference, no?

Is this the union of the Mafia and the Crips?

You wish.
I was just agreeing with you.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2010 9:27:46 PM
Not only do I think it's okay, I don't think it's even remotely okay to stop it from occurring, whether it's around alcohol in the sense of multiple people being around it or around alcohol in the sense of the walls of their stomach or other body parts around it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 5:30:09 AM
It's going to happen anyway, sure it's not good for 'underage' people to get drunk, but the first time you get proper access to alchohol you abuse it. Alchohol is intended to be abused. By enforcing age restrictions on alchohol you have to put a shed load of effort into the matter, and all you do is delay the inevitable and prevent people developing a reasonable relationship with alchohol earlier.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 12:58:07 PM
At 1/31/2010 5:30:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's going to happen anyway, sure it's not good for 'underage' people to get drunk, but the first time you get proper access to alchohol you abuse it. Alchohol is intended to be abused. By enforcing age restrictions on alchohol you have to put a shed load of effort into the matter, and all you do is delay the inevitable and prevent people developing a reasonable relationship with alchohol earlier.

Lol.....Member? You member!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:03:27 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:18:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 1/30/2010 8:39:15 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:

Who is (are?) 'you'?

Why do you ask? She's obviously a person posting in the forum... how do you expect her to answer this question and why do you assume you must or should know everyone who posts?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:10:03 PM
It depends on what you mean by "partying." Having a few drinks with friends and getting stoned is one thing -- being young and doing hard drugs you're not ready for is another. I personally think that anyone under 18 has absolutely no business drinking because teens are fugging retarded enough as it is. I don't think the drinking age should be 21 though.

Anyway, as others have said, underage partying is going to happen regardless of how we feel about it. To me, responsibility is the most important thing. I'd prefer that young'ns were around responsible (experienced and/or mature) people and for there to be at least one sober person around to keep an eye on things. No driving, obviously, or other stupid sh-t.
President of DDO
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:20:28 PM
At 1/31/2010 1:10:03 PM, theLwerd wrote:
It depends on what you mean by "partying." Having a few drinks with friends and getting stoned is one thing -- being young and doing hard drugs you're not ready for is another. I personally think that anyone under 18 has absolutely no business drinking because teens are fugging retarded enough as it is. I don't think the drinking age should be 21 though.

Anyway, as others have said, underage partying is going to happen regardless of how we feel about it. To me, responsibility is the most important thing. I'd prefer that young'ns were around responsible (experienced and/or mature) people and for there to be at least one sober person around to keep an eye on things. No driving, obviously, or other stupid sh-t.

(Personal Funny Moment for me)
pcmbrown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 4:44:09 PM
At 1/30/2010 9:27:46 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Not only do I think it's okay, I don't think it's even remotely okay to stop it from occurring, whether it's around alcohol in the sense of multiple people being around it or around alcohol in the sense of the walls of their stomach or other body parts around it.

True fact.
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 4:48:18 PM
At 1/31/2010 1:20:28 PM, True2GaGa wrote:

What's so funny about it?
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:31:49 PM
Various things go through on this. It is not a simple "yes/no" answer. Many children that never experience alcohol and are taught that it is evil for chilren (but some how okay for adults) often find themselves getting wasted and have a much higher risk of alcohol poisoning, thrashing their liver, or becoming alcoholics. While children that experience a controlled amount (a few drinks, not to the point of passing out or vomitting) often develop a much higher respect for alcohol and its effects and so a less likely to damage their bodies with alcohol. The risk side to that is that when children drink large amounts of alcohol it (binge drinking) does a much bigger number on their liver and brain.

So do I think minors should "party" with alcohol? Yes, if it is in a responsible fashion. No, if it the partying is irresponsible and risking long term negative effects.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bkelley211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 9:54:54 PM
It's interesting that underage to Americans is accepted in most other parts of the world. Germans can drink beer at the age of sixteen, and it's pretty strong stuff! And if accompanied, they can have beer at fourteen.

Partying implies a level of being out-of-control. Not a good idea at any age as it can lead to bad decisions.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 6:04:46 PM
At 1/31/2010 4:48:18 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/31/2010 1:20:28 PM, True2GaGa wrote:

What's so funny about it?

Lol...............
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 1:06:03 PM
As long as the people are drinking in moderation I don't see too much of a problem with it. Just having a couple drinks is much different than going out and getting smashed. Yes, people in Europe drink at a younger age, but at the same time they learn responsiblity. Binge drinking among Europeans is quite a bit less common than it is among North Americans.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 7:09:42 PM
At 2/2/2010 1:06:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
As long as the people are drinking in moderation I don't see too much of a problem with it. Just having a couple drinks is much different than going out and getting smashed. Yes, people in Europe drink at a younger age, but at the same time they learn responsiblity. Binge drinking among Europeans is quite a bit less common than it is among North Americans.

This^
I completely agree with INH about that. I think it's just the human nature to want something you're not allowed to have.