Jump to topic:

Is Zarroette justified in her debates?

Speakerfrthedead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:00:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, the real question is, is she justified when she takes on a 'mean' stance in debates and mocks the other debater for their mistakes or falsehood? I think she is justified in her behaviour when she calls the other a 'coward' because it makes the debate more exciting and tense. It makes it interesting to watch the two debater's relationship throughout the rounds and I found my favourite debate from her to be, "Islam is a religion of terror".

From some of the things she has shared, it seems like she has gone through a lot of crap and seen most of the unfair things in life. This might explain her aggressive approach to debating and her passion for arguing. But is it okay for her to debate in this fashion? Is it okay for her to humiliate the other and tear them down to pieces? I think she is sort of justified, but what do you think?

And if Zarroette is reading this, I want to ask if you debate with other people in real life the same way that you debate on DDO?
Zarroette is back!!!
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:42:22 AM
At 4/3/2014 7:00:40 AM, Speakerfrthedead wrote:
Well, the real question is, is she justified when she takes on a 'mean' stance in debates and mocks the other debater for their mistakes or falsehood? I think she is justified in her behaviour when she calls the other a 'coward' because it makes the debate more exciting and tense. It makes it interesting to watch the two debater's relationship throughout the rounds and I found my favourite debate from her to be, "Islam is a religion of terror".

Haha, it does make the debate more exciting and tense, and not just for the people watching. I love being able to talk bluntly and directly; it honestly makes me feel good. When I get it in return, in the form of insults or trash-talk, it really revs me up and helps me focus. And of course, it's a better spectacle for the audience.

The downside is that when I lose, it REALLY stings. In the PMs, I had Donald boasting that he only spent about 1 hour for the final round, and to lose after he said that is just depressing. But I bounce back, eventually, as does any loser.

From some of the things she has shared, it seems like she has gone through a lot of crap and seen most of the unfair things in life.

I honestly think that plenty of people have gone through a lot of crap, especially older people. But yeah, I've had some experiences that have made me seriously question why I even bother with life.

This might explain her aggressive approach to debating and her passion for arguing. But is it okay for her to debate in this fashion? Is it okay for her to humiliate the other and tear them down to pieces? I think she is sort of justified, but what do you think?

Not under the new policy. It's somewhat of a shame, but it's for the better, I think.

And if Zarroette is reading this, I want to ask if you debate with other people in real life the same way that you debate on DDO?

I've never been in any kind of debate irl. But believe it or not, when I get into arguments over politics and philosophy, it tends to get more heated than what you see here, lol. I was screaming at this guy the other day, at tafe, who was also yelling at me. This was over animals rights.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:50:23 AM
At 4/3/2014 7:42:22 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Haha, it does make the debate more exciting and tense, and not just for the people watching. I love being able to talk bluntly and directly; it honestly makes me feel good. When I get it in return, in the form of insults or trash-talk, it really revs me up and helps me focus. And of course, it's a better spectacle for the audience.

The downside is that when I lose, it REALLY stings. In the PMs, I had Donald boasting that he only spent about 1 hour for the final round, and to lose after he said that is just depressing. But I bounce back, eventually, as does any loser.

From some of the things she has shared, it seems like she has gone through a lot of crap and seen most of the unfair things in life.

I honestly think that plenty of people have gone through a lot of crap, especially older people. But yeah, I've had some experiences that have made me seriously question why I even bother with life.

This might explain her aggressive approach to debating and her passion for arguing. But is it okay for her to debate in this fashion? Is it okay for her to humiliate the other and tear them down to pieces? I think she is sort of justified, but what do you think?

Not under the new policy. It's somewhat of a shame, but it's for the better, I think.

I've never been in any kind of debate irl. But believe it or not, when I get into arguments over politics and philosophy, it tends to get more heated than what you see here, lol. I was screaming at this guy the other day, at tafe, who was also yelling at me. This was over animals rights.

You think that's heated? I punch people because of their political beliefs.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:51:39 AM
At 4/3/2014 7:50:23 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

I punch people regardless.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:52:23 AM
At 4/3/2014 7:51:39 AM, Zarroette wrote:

We make good buddies then.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:52:29 AM

From some of the things she has shared, it seems like she has gone through a lot of crap and seen most of the unfair things in life. This might explain her aggressive approach to debating and her passion for arguing. But is it okay for her to debate in this fashion? Is it okay for her to humiliate the other and tear them down to pieces? I think she is sort of justified, but what do you think?

All is fair once in the ring, right?All that matters is changing people's minds.

It often works backwards too, where over aggression and over zealous remarks stand to make a fool of yourself if your opponent decides not to play the same game and point it out.
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 8:29:23 AM
It was interesting to read Zarroette's response to this. I guess I can understand how it could be exciting for her and exciting for the people reading the debates. A little drama can be fun because then it's not just the content of the debate that's at stake, but everybody's ego as well.

It doesn't do it for me, though. I don't even like to see trash talk in MMA.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Speakerfrthedead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:02:59 AM

Lol. I do not want to mess with you.
Zarroette is back!!!
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:03:54 AM
I really enjoy Zarroette's presence on DDO. Many people rage on her because of her strong beliefs that contradicts theirs, but I like it because it makes this site more diverse. Furthermore, she's a great debater who actively participates in forums.
Speakerfrthedead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:09:14 AM
At 4/3/2014 7:51:39 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Lol. Well, sometimes I punch a wall to prove my point. This way, I keep my pride and no one gets hurt.
Zarroette is back!!!
Speakerfrthedead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:25:01 AM

Haha, Were you pro or con in that topic? And who was that guy?
Zarroette is back!!!
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:38:30 AM
Reported
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:40:54 AM

I had a fun debate with her and she was fine. I can't say she's ever been very rude to me, but I could see her getting upset at people who disagree with her and p*ss her off, lol.

Of course I don't think anyone should be insulting anyone else, but I can sympathize lots of the time.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 7:01:44 PM
At 4/3/2014 9:25:01 AM, Speakerfrthedead wrote:

Pro.

He was just a semi-acquaintance from tafe. He was talking about how much meat he eats, and how great it is. I asked him to consider the suffering that killing animals like that causes. We said a couple more things, then he said, "for every animal you eat, I'm going to eat three". I called him an 'amoral f*ckwit', and then it got very heated. Not really constructive at all...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:56:10 PM
At 4/3/2014 7:01:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

He was just a semi-acquaintance from tafe. He was talking about how much meat he eats, and how great it is. I asked him to consider the suffering that killing animals like that causes. We said a couple more things, then he said, "for every animal you eat, I'm going to eat three". I called him an 'amoral f*ckwit', and then it got very heated. Not really constructive at all...

I eat animals while they're still alive.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:58:05 PM
At 4/3/2014 9:56:10 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Really? What animals exactly?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 9:59:11 PM
At 4/3/2014 9:58:05 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

Snakes. That way they get a taste of their own stomach ac- er, I mean medicine. :P

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:00:46 PM
At 4/3/2014 9:59:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Snakes. That way they get a taste of their own stomach ac- er, I mean medicine. :P

C'mon, snakes can feel pain too!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:03:33 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:00:46 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

Exactly! :D That's why I do it!!! So they can feel the pain they inflict on all other animals! Maybe then they will learn their lesson. :|

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:04:56 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:03:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Exactly! :D That's why I do it!!! So they can feel the pain they inflict on all other animals! Maybe then they will learn their lesson. :|

Do you honestly think that they have a capacity to understand what they're doing? Don't you think that it's purely instinctive, rather than behaviour that is intentionally malicious?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:07:14 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:04:56 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

Do you honestly think that they have a capacity to understand what they're doing? Don't you think that it's purely instinctive, rather than behaviour that is intentionally malicious?

No, they definitely know what they're doing. Animals are smarter than you think. One snake told me how much he liked to eat babies. I told him it was no wonder that dipsh*ts like him screwed us over with Mada and Even.

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:08:06 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:07:14 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

No, they definitely know what they're doing. Animals are smarter than you think. One snake told me how much he liked to eat babies. I told him it was no wonder that dipsh*ts like him screwed us over with Mada and Even.

Stop it, I know what you're trying to do. Just stop, please.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:09:15 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:08:06 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

I'm just trolling you. ;) No hard feelings, lol

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:10:16 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:09:15 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

It's not funny; I'm not making fun of your beliefs.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:11:37 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:10:16 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Pro.

Well I'm not trying to make fun of your beliefs either. I don't roll like that. If I were making fun of your beliefs, I would have been alot meaner :P

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:13:44 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:11:37 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Well I'm not trying to make fun of your beliefs either. I don't roll like that. If I were making fun of your beliefs, I would have been alot meaner :P

You're suggesting doing cruel things to animals. These kinds of things happen, in sh*tholes like Saudi Arabia and povo African countries, where humans are basically apes. It's upsetting to read things like what you wrote...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:16:30 PM

Pro.

You're suggesting doing cruel things to animals. These kinds of things happen, in sh*tholes like Saudi Arabia and povo African countries, where humans are basically apes. It's upsetting to read things like what you wrote...

Well I'm sorry I offended you, I was just joking around :P

Are you offended by holocaust jokes, yo mama jokes, or any joke that makes light of something serious? I'm just curious, because I'm usually not personally offended by jokes if they're meant in a jocular manner. I might think they're inappropriate or not funny, but yeah...

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:19:05 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:13:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 4/3/2014 10:11:37 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

I do think that unneeded animal cruelty is wrong and disgusting, but I guess I don't understand why you'd be so offended by my joking around... *shrugs*

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:19:48 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:16:30 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Yeah, but you were saying serious things...

Are you offended by holocaust jokes, yo mama jokes, or any joke that makes light of something serious? I'm just curious, because I'm usually not personally offended by jokes if they're meant in a jocular manner. I might think they're inappropriate or not funny, but yeah...

No, but there's a difference between a joke, and jokingly taking things seriously.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 10:22:42 PM
At 4/3/2014 10:19:48 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 4/3/2014 10:16:30 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Pro.

Yeah, but you were saying serious things...

Yes, I was joking about something I think is immoral... That doesn't always offend me personally. I make d*ck jokes and crude sexual jokes all the time with my brothers, even though it's about stuff I think is seriously immoral...

No, but there's a difference between a joke, and jokingly taking things seriously.

*shrugs* I don't see a problem with what I said, but if it offended you I can't change anything now, other than say I am sorry, and it was not my intent to offend you or make fun of you and your beliefs.