17. Zetsubou(N)
19. LeafRod
20. Ournamestoolong
22. Puck
23. Frodobaggins
24. Mongoose
25. Kahvan

Dead:
3. wjmelements - Vi_Veri - Lover (Could communicate with fellow lover) - Executed by Vi_Veri

5. JBlake - Askbob - Hero (Kills the king instead of being executed) - Killed by Mafia Night Phase #1

21. Freedo (N) - theLwerd - theLwerd - Lover -(Could talk with fellow lover) - Committed suicide

10. Koopin - Geoaureate8 - Vanilla townie - Killed by Vigilante Night Phase #1

12. Mongeese - Cirro - Miller (Appeared guilty upon investigation) -Executed by theLwerd day Phase #2

18. Sportsguru - Phil - Kingmaker (Selected one person each night to be king) - Killed by Mafia Night Phase #2.

RULES:

1 – I am the lord thy Mod. Thou shalt have no other Mods before me.

2 – You may reveal your role, your character and you may quote your PM.

3 – Discussion of the game outside of this thread & PMs and future threads & PMs pertaining to the game is forbidden.

4 – If you are killed, do not post anything with information beneficial to either side. I will not object to an "Avenge me townies!" or "BAH!. This also goes for any PM's you are involved in.

5 – The story will mainly recap on last nights actions, but generally won't have anything leaning towards a role.

6 – The day phase is capped at 4 days, and the night phase is capped at 3 days.

7 - This game will remain civil. If you are lucky, you might receive one warning about your behaviour if you are not. Then come the replacements and/or modkills. So play nice.

8 – Feel free to ask me any questions via PM. Please note I work in a different time zone to the majority of you, so redirect any question to your PM if they're dire.

9 – If you do not post once per day phase, I will give send you a prod (PM). Consecutive days of being inactive will have you replaced. You will be exempt from this if you give me an advance that you will be inactive.

Kingmaker rules:

10 - The Mod (King) ends the Day Phase by posting 'BAN:X' in bold. Please refrain from doing this if you are not the king.

11 – Players may post suggestions on who to lynch, but in keeping with the game a general vote tally is forbidden. Note that you can suggest as many lynched as possible.

12 - If the King does not execute anyone before the deadline,the King will be executed when the town grows tired of his incompetence! The king cannot do a No Lynch.

13 - The Kingmaker may not reveal his role

14 - Once the King executes someone, the night has begun and talking strategy is prohibited.

STORY:

Debate.org forum

Wjmelements wrote:
Uh guys, Phils account has been banned. Not closed, but banned, as if by a mod. It's a bad sign when the sites moderator can't unban himself.

Moderator wrote:
Hey, we've been experiencing some problems with the site. It seems someone unleashed some virus on his account. We can't seem to retrieve it at the moment. Please bear with us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody_Franklin wrote:
Hey guys, I was talking to Cirro on facebook, and he says he was never CirRo or any Cirro account that vote bombed. He seemed genuinely honest. Thoughts? He seems innocent. Definitely not worthy the Yukon summer camps.

Kleptin:
I wouldn't put it past Cirro to lie, or for Josh to pretend he is Cirro. Either way it's Cirros fault for not pulling out of the CWO when he had the chance.

ConservativeOrder wrote:
Ha! That fool Cirro didn't have the guts to vote, let alone vote bomb! Give me a break!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feverish wrote:
Hey guys, since L and Vi were banned I need two replacements for the rap tourney. Anyone want in?

Kelly224 wrote:
Oh so you expect me to sign up because I'm balck is that it! its a good thing we got rid of those spineless libs and stoped your hate train.

Miscellaneous forum:

ReganFan wrote:
How cna anyone support the communist barack HUSSEIN obama!? Is everyone here a high lib hippie or something?

Volkov wroe:
Err...please come back when you have legitimate points to argue. I'm more than willing to defend liberalism.

Datcmoto wrote:
Go straight, second right, third door on your left, Politics forum. How many times have I told you to be organised?

DDOFan Chat:

Geo - Does anyone know why I was banned

Askbob - I presumed the mod banned you, though I didn't notice any bannable behaviour, not that it's a requirement anymore.

Panda - Same. I was enjoying your debate with Mongeese too.

Geo - Yeah he had been on to me about that for a while. Seemed pretty adamant he would win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Mod for today is ToastofDestiny.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 10:19:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
We seriously need to come up with some evidence of something so we can make a somewhat educated decision about what to do. Now we know there is a vig, a doctor and a cop (otherwise what point would there be to a miller?) We should figure out when the best time would be for the cop to come forward and bring forth his findings. I don't think this day phase (too early IMO) but maybe the next one? What does everyone think.
Clockwork
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 11:52:35 AM
Sorry I haven't been on in a while: our team had an overnight @ a tourney whewr we took weighted sweepstakes XD

Can someone give me a brief fill-in?
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 12:35:12 PM
So did we have a reserve king-maker then, or does panda simply pick anybody, regardless of role, to fill in the spot?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 12:45:27 PM
Woe, what happens if the kingmaker dies in a kingmaker game???
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:19:11 PM
So is "Geo" a separate person from me? I never said any of that, lol.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:23:41 PM
I've never played a Kingmaker game before so I'm not really sure how the KM gets chosen, but I think it's safe to say that Panda chooses who it is. Anyway I have to say that I'm not sure whether or not the cop should come forward as Burger has suggested. The benefits of the cop coming forward are that they can reveal everyone they've investigated and who has come up innocent so far, and the doctor can make sure that the cop is protected every night so we can keep using the cop for information. The other option is that the cop stay quiet until/if the Kingmaker mentions killing someone that the cop knows to be innocent. In that case, the cop can reveal to save the innocent person and at that juncture can reveal all other relevant information and investigations. Hmm. There's more pros in revealing than cons, I guess.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:24:28 PM
At 1/31/2010 1:19:11 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
So is "Geo" a separate person from me? I never said any of that, lol.

You're just a character in the story that pertains to the game... we know it's not real :p
President of DDO
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 1:39:30 PM
Well, this sucks. I don't even know where to start now..
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 2:25:32 PM
At 1/31/2010 1:23:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I've never played a Kingmaker game before so I'm not really sure how the KM gets chosen, but I think it's safe to say that Panda chooses who it is. Anyway I have to say that I'm not sure whether or not the cop should come forward as Burger has suggested. The benefits of the cop coming forward are that they can reveal everyone they've investigated and who has come up innocent so far, and the doctor can make sure that the cop is protected every night so we can keep using the cop for information. The other option is that the cop stay quiet until/if the Kingmaker mentions killing someone that the cop knows to be innocent. In that case, the cop can reveal to save the innocent person and at that juncture can reveal all other relevant information and investigations. Hmm. There's more pros in revealing than cons, I guess.

I agree with this
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 2:55:25 PM
At 1/31/2010 1:23:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
The other option is that the cop stay quiet until/if the Kingmaker mentions killing someone that the cop knows to be innocent. In that case, the cop can reveal to save the innocent person and at that juncture can reveal all other relevant information and investigations. Hmm. There's more pros in revealing than cons, I guess.

I think this is the best option. We shouldn't risk the cop revealing until absolutely necessary.

Thoughts anyone? Who should I ban?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 2:59:30 PM
At 1/31/2010 2:52:53 PM, LeafRod wrote:
New meaning inexperienced weirdo.

I'm thinking of doing something like that. In this situation where I have no concrete lead I might as well bump an inactive.

But at the same time, inactives may actually be beneficial because we don't need 'lynch votes', just a kingmaker who chooses active players. Inactives may actually help us because the mafia has to kill them instead of actives to win. If we abstain from killing inactives and narrow this down to a smaller number of actives we should be able to determine who is mafia.

RFDs Pl0x:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:12:07 PM
My $0.02 is that inactive members are usually lurking mafia. Nails, GaGa, INH, comoncents (who has been unusually quiet) Rezz and ournamestoolong don't post. Toast, if you're going to go with the idea of lynching a random person, I'd start with one of those people -- particularly ournamestoolong who pretty much never posts; he's only posted once, and in his sole post he bragged about not reading the thread and only posting so as to avoid being mod killed. It was just very shady as you can recall from DP1. Also, Rezz is here specifically because the person he replaced (retarded-flamingo) didn't post... but he's not playing either? So maybe they have a mafia role. Also, Nags was insistent upon the hasty lynching of mongeese yesterday (albeit mongeese did seem really guilty so I dunno if I can blame him) but he's the only one who's been "suspicious" as far as I can tell. I'd support putting pressure on one of the people I've mentioned above.
President of DDO
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:21:52 PM
comoncents being quiet at least isn't outwardly so suspicious - in the Bellum game he missed 1 or 2 day phases and was a townie. I'd only be suspicious if it's a continuing trend, or posts in other threads which I haven't seen him do either. Nails and ournamestoolong seem the most suspicious for being quiet. Gaga just doesn't care about the game at a guess. :P
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:27:48 PM
At 1/31/2010 2:52:41 PM, LeafRod wrote:
I suggest killing Kahvan. A new town member would not be acting so ridiculous, I don't think.

Of course I am an unusual person. But I prefer vi's reasoning in killing the more inactive people.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:29:23 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:12:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
My $0.02 is that inactive members are usually lurking mafia. Nails, GaGa, INH, comoncents (who has been unusually quiet) Rezz and ournamestoolong don't post. Toast, if you're going to go with the idea of lynching a random person, I'd start with one of those people -- particularly ournamestoolong who pretty much never posts; he's only posted once, and in his sole post he bragged about not reading the thread and only posting so as to avoid being mod killed. It was just very shady as you can recall from DP1.

Ournames is probably number one on my banlist.

Ournamestoolong: why haven't you been posting in this novel and exciting mafia game (adjectives ftw)?

Sidenote: this is anything but a "kingmaker" game. It's more like a presidentmaker with the town acting as a cabinet.

RFDs Pl0x:
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:31:42 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:27:48 PM, Kahvan wrote:
But I prefer vi's reasoning in killing the more inactive people.

Of course you would if you were Mafia. :P
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:33:24 PM

Of course I am an unusual person. But I prefer vi's reasoning in killing the more inactive people.

Vi actually never mentioned anything about killing inactive people :p
President of DDO
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:37:27 PM
theLwerd, I was thinking about Nags too but if you want to implicate him for being gung-ho on lynching mongeese you could more or less say the same thing for yourself. Given the number of people who didn't believe the Cirro story I think we can't implicate anyone on that.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:39:12 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:33:24 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Vi actually never mentioned anything about killing inactive people :p

sorry, I meant theLewrd
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 3:39:47 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:31:42 PM, Puck wrote:
But I prefer vi's reasoning in killing the more inactive people.

Of course you would if you were Mafia. :P

Same if I was townie :P
Nails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 4:34:20 PM
Sorry for not having posted. I've been at a major debate tournament all weekend.

My guess is that many of those inactive players are inactive because they have unimportant roles and are thus bored with this. If an inactive is to be chosen, I'd suggest commoncents for his unusual lack of imput.

My personal suggestion would be whoever has been actually posting but with uninsightful/counterintuitive posts. Such people tend to be mafia.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 4:47:41 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:37:27 PM, LeafRod wrote:
theLwerd, I was thinking about Nags too but if you want to implicate him for being gung-ho on lynching mongeese you could more or less say the same thing for yourself. Given the number of people who didn't believe the Cirro story I think we can't implicate anyone on that.

Yeah, I already said pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that I was asking for input, role revelations, etc. whereas Nags seemed pretty intent on getting rid of mongeese without too much thought. That was just an observation - I'm not saying that he was wrong for doing that (mongese did seem pretty guilty).
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:03:23 PM
At 1/31/2010 3:12:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
My $0.02 is that inactive members are usually lurking mafia. Nails, GaGa, INH, comoncents (who has been unusually quiet)

I am flattered, but i have been here. School work playing a small role and you were quick to make a choice last time.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:13:59 PM
I say get Puck and/or comoncents talking. Just a gut feeling but he defended comoncen'ts inactiveness, when i was mafia with him before he stood up for his team in a similar fashion.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?