Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Would the earth be better off without humans?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 7:01:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
In my personal opinion.. I say yes. All humanity does is create more chaos amongst ourselves and destroy everything that is on the earth. And I am not an alien because I said something like this... Lol Anyways, please tell me what you think about this, without wrapping your head around your emotions and saying something like this; I can't believe you would say something like that!? How dare you!? Blah... blah... blah..

(Something tells me someone is going to get annoyed by this)
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 8:54:53 AM
1. Matter cannot be created or destroyed so... we haven't destroyed anything.

2. Better how? Better for animals? Better for alien conquest? Better for microbes? Better for rocks? Just "better" is a generic term. Better in terms of what?

3. If there is nothing sentient here to appreciate and utilize the Earth then what would the point be anyways? Without intelligence such as human intelligence then the Earth is just matter eating, transferring and transforming like everywhere else in the universe. We'd be no better than an asteroid or star.
Sswdwm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 9:00:31 AM
At 4/9/2014 7:01:59 AM, Haroush wrote:
In my personal opinion.. I say yes. All humanity does is create more chaos amongst ourselves and destroy everything that is on the earth. And I am not an alien because I said something like this... Lol Anyways, please tell me what you think about this, without wrapping your head around your emotions and saying something like this; I can't believe you would say something like that!? How dare you!? Blah... blah... blah..

What the above guy said. There no point in having a beatutiful house if nobody lives there. Of course we gottaa clean uo our own poo otherwise the house will become a tip before long (which is what is happening), but to say the house would be better off if nobody ever lived there is irrelevant.

This of course disregards other animals/sentiet beings who also live there. From that perspective then I would agree with you./
Resolved: the Zombie Apocalypse Will Happen
http://www.debate.org...

The most basic living cell was Intelligently Designed:

God most likely exists:
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 12:03:24 PM

It's true. "Hell is other people".

Maybe it would be better, if you eliminated all but one. I need the modern conveniences humans bring. without these conveniences, I'm not sure it would be worth eliminating everyone.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 5:09:23 PM

Self loathing much?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 5:13:48 PM
At 4/9/2014 8:54:53 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

2. Better how? Better for animals? Better for alien conquest? Better for microbes? Better for rocks? Just "better" is a generic term. Better in terms of what?

3. If there is nothing sentient here to appreciate and utilize the Earth then what would the point be anyways? Without intelligence such as human intelligence then the Earth is just matter eating, transferring and transforming like everywhere else in the universe. We'd be no better than an asteroid or star.

What CP said.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:04:37 PM

So, tell me, what greek philosopher's theory are you referring to?

Well, doesn't obviousness tell you that this was meant to be in a generic term when it comes to earth?

This is what I would call overly self- confident or selfishness. This is typical of human nature though. So, it's understandable you come from that view point. This isn't about just people, but it is about the pros and cons of the human race. I think the person who did the best at touching on my point from an opposing view was, Jingram. If you want to see his response, just go to this same question in the polls section.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:09:33 PM
Here is what Jingram said,"Short term, probably. Mid term, we seem to be heading the right way to cleaning up our act before we accidentally kill everything. Long term, highly doubtful; the Earth is going to be destroyed by completely natural occurrences one way or another, eventually. We are the only ones that we know of capable of potentially preventing something like that from happening. I also believe that sapient beings are inherently more important than a biosphere of non-sapient beings, so even if our existence was flat-out detrimental to the planet, and would continue to be forever, I would still consider our own continued existence more important than the continued existence of the rest of our planet's ecosystem. This is not the case, of course; continued existence isn't a zero-sum game. The best strategy for our survival is ensuring the continued existence and thriving of everything else on our planet."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:19:42 PM
At 4/9/2014 6:04:37 PM, Haroush wrote:

Well, doesn't obviousness tell you that this was meant to be in a generic term when it comes to earth?

This is what I would call overly self- confident or selfishness. This is typical of human nature though. So, it's understandable you come from that view point. This isn't about just people, but it is about the pros and cons of the human race. I think the person who did the best at touching on my point from an opposing view was, Jingram. If you want to see his response, just go to this same question in the polls section.

1. I'm referring to science. The laws of thermodynamics to be precise.
2. It's not obvious. Without people here the Earth could be better for an alien race who uses salt water as interstellar propulsion to come to Earth.
3. Without anything to appreciate and use the Earth as people do then its no better than empty space. Life without human intelligence is meaningless matter no different than a dust cloud.

I know you thought you were sounding edgy and smart but you weren't... FYI.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:38:58 PM
At 4/9/2014 6:19:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

2. It's not obvious. Without people here the Earth could be better for an alien race who uses salt water as interstellar propulsion to come to Earth.

How do you know there are aliens? Can you prove it?

3. Without anything to appreciate and use the Earth as people do then its no better than empty space. Life without human intelligence is meaningless matter no different than a dust cloud.

Are you sure? I bet the dinosaurs thought the same thing.

I was? Didn't know that.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:40:05 PM
At 4/9/2014 6:38:58 PM, Haroush wrote:

I was? Didn't know that.

Now you know.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 6:42:48 PM
At 4/9/2014 6:40:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 4/9/2014 6:38:58 PM, Haroush wrote:

I was? Didn't know that.

Now you know.

Why thank you! Did you want crumpets and tea?