Jump to topic:

How do you deal with a raving lunatic?

stanleymilgram1959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 5:54:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you live on this planet Earth I know you had the profound experience of dealing with lunatics or those who are control freaks. With years of experience surviving having gone through and pummeled through the gauntlet of anger, need to control, childishness, and other behaviors, which I don"t have eloquent words for, I share on this site how to deal with this type of behavior while first understanding what may cause this toxic life syndrome and diarrhea of the attitude.
Here is Wiki"s definition of a "lunatic":

"The word lunatic is borrowed from the Latin "lunacus", in turns stemming from "luna" (moon), which denotes the traditional link made in folklore between madness and the phases of the moon. This probably refers to the symptoms of cyclic mood disorders such as bipolar disorder or cyclothymia, the symptoms of which may also go through phases. As yet there no evidence whatsoever for any causal link between phases of the moon and the progression of mood disorder symptoms. Correlation has been observed in distant parts.
Ever have some unload their frustrations on you? I mean really unload like the wrath of the gods for h*ll? Short of locking them up and forcing them to sit through a debate on health care between the democrats and republicans lets begin by understanding where that persons references were or are being formed. References are what drive our behaviors. These are supported by beliefs and backed by principles. Find someone who has a soap box issue that you encroached upon and prepare for "War of the Worlds" if you engage them.

Sometimes it is best to just listen and let them blow off all their steam. Don"t even respond, don"t interrupt. Listen, smile and thank them for sharing and just keep it zipped (your mouth that is). You can respond to this when the nuclear meltdown has subsided and Homer Simpson can safely re-enter and work with the nuclear reactor. Sometimes it is best to not engage the spoiler on their terms. Dictate your terms and you define your own victory and sanity.. so "dance into the light". If you are curious how you too can dance into the light we have a mastermind circle with details at Powermastery

.You may be insulted, you may be accused of all sorts of erroneous things that are just crazy and unheard of, you may even be verbally lambasted .. Arnold Schwarzenegger got nailed with an egg on his shoulder by a heckler while he was campaigning. What do you think he did? He didn"t bench press the guy nor give him an Austrian Iron Man weggie
, he merely responded .. "got bacon?". How do you think this panned out for Arnold vs the heckler.. your judgment I am sure still sound enough to figure this out

There will be a time someone will make draconian statements using such terms as "everyone", "no one", "all", etc. These are global statements and seldom ever true. Once someone begins making statements with these terms you know the credibility they have is from their stuffed animals sitting in the corner of a very dark room where they find those who will listen to them.

If you have someone make a global statement you can ask them in a polite way you"re curious who everyone is who told you that, or ask them to share a few examples so you can better understand. If you challenge them in a confrontational manner you both loose.

Bottom-line is you most likely rather not have to deal with these people and their excess baggage. Yes, you read that correctly. Often those who attempt to control the situation or environment by making statements only a lunatic or person who chooses to be ignorant would make have a high sense of discomfort which ultimately means pain when confronted with change. Change in their own environment or situation, and often it is just perceived.
Unfortunately, I experienced a grown man, yes a grown man go bat crap crazy because he believed I was plagiarizing because I didn't source my answer on a poll that just so happened to refute his weak a** response. I really gave it now thought. I was so taken aback by his enormous temper tantrum, I actually thought it a joke, but I soon found out it was REAL. So I sourced the dang thing, but did it end there, NO! OMG. It was like a comedy routine. It gave me so much fodder for my book I actually should be thanking the guy but in some ways I worry for his mental stability. :(
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 2:33:30 AM
At 4/9/2014 5:54:54 PM, stanleymilgram1959 wrote:
If you live on this planet Earth I know you had the profound experience of dealing with lunatics or those who are control freaks. With years of experience surviving having gone through and pummeled through the gauntlet of anger, need to control, childishness, and other behaviors, which I don"t have eloquent words for, I share on this site how to deal with this type of behavior while first understanding what may cause this toxic life syndrome and diarrhea of the attitude.

"The word lunatic is borrowed from the Latin "lunacus", in turns stemming from "luna" (moon), which denotes the traditional link made in folklore between madness and the phases of the moon. This probably refers to the symptoms of cyclic mood disorders such as bipolar disorder or cyclothymia, the symptoms of which may also go through phases. As yet there no evidence whatsoever for any causal link between phases of the moon and the progression of mood disorder symptoms. Correlation has been observed in distant parts.
Ever have some unload their frustrations on you? I mean really unload like the wrath of the gods for h*ll? Short of locking them up and forcing them to sit through a debate on health care between the democrats and republicans lets begin by understanding where that persons references were or are being formed. References are what drive our behaviors. These are supported by beliefs and backed by principles. Find someone who has a soap box issue that you encroached upon and prepare for "War of the Worlds" if you engage them.

Sometimes it is best to just listen and let them blow off all their steam. Don"t even respond, don"t interrupt. Listen, smile and thank them for sharing and just keep it zipped (your mouth that is). You can respond to this when the nuclear meltdown has subsided and Homer Simpson can safely re-enter and work with the nuclear reactor. Sometimes it is best to not engage the spoiler on their terms. Dictate your terms and you define your own victory and sanity.. so "dance into the light". If you are curious how you too can dance into the light we have a mastermind circle with details at Powermastery

.You may be insulted, you may be accused of all sorts of erroneous things that are just crazy and unheard of, you may even be verbally lambasted .. Arnold Schwarzenegger got nailed with an egg on his shoulder by a heckler while he was campaigning. What do you think he did? He didn"t bench press the guy nor give him an Austrian Iron Man weggie
, he merely responded .. "got bacon?". How do you think this panned out for Arnold vs the heckler.. your judgment I am sure still sound enough to figure this out

There will be a time someone will make draconian statements using such terms as "everyone", "no one", "all", etc. These are global statements and seldom ever true. Once someone begins making statements with these terms you know the credibility they have is from their stuffed animals sitting in the corner of a very dark room where they find those who will listen to them.

If you have someone make a global statement you can ask them in a polite way you"re curious who everyone is who told you that, or ask them to share a few examples so you can better understand. If you challenge them in a confrontational manner you both loose.

Bottom-line is you most likely rather not have to deal with these people and their excess baggage. Yes, you read that correctly. Often those who attempt to control the situation or environment by making statements only a lunatic or person who chooses to be ignorant would make have a high sense of discomfort which ultimately means pain when confronted with change. Change in their own environment or situation, and often it is just perceived.
Unfortunately, I experienced a grown man, yes a grown man go bat crap crazy because he believed I was plagiarizing because I didn't source my answer on a poll that just so happened to refute his weak a** response. I really gave it now thought. I was so taken aback by his enormous temper tantrum, I actually thought it a joke, but I soon found out it was REAL. So I sourced the dang thing, but did it end there, NO! OMG. It was like a comedy routine. It gave me so much fodder for my book I actually should be thanking the guy but in some ways I worry for his mental stability. :(

Firstly, there is no correlation with the moon. Secondly, there is no such diagnosis as "lunatic," "insane," "crazy," and "raving." These terms are incredibly offensive, inaccurate, and essentially meaningless.
howardzinn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 3:39:32 PM
At 4/9/2014 5:54:54 PM, stanleymilgram1959 wrote:

I think this was a satirical piece and humorous
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 10:31:38 PM
One tactic I sometimes use is fight fire with fire.

They go crazy.......I go even crazier.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12