Jump to topic:

Should a school teach you how to work?

Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:38:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sorry for a poor and rather unexplained title, but DDO made me shorten it.

Anyways:

Do you believe High schools should teach you how to be the best you can be at your job instead being broad?

Here is my opinion on this topic:

I believe that High schools should focus on preparing you for work, and that the broad approach is a waste of time.

What would be the point of taking AP world civilization if you're going to be a voice actor?

What would be the purpose point of taking Algebra when you're going to flip burgers?

The job selection preparation High schools provide isn't narrow enough to prepare you for a career in any specific field, and their is a lack of on-the-field experience because of this choosing a major is near-impossible for many students.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 8:20:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think high schools should prepare you for life. This means things like how to do the kind of math you actually can use every day, how to balance a checkbook, how to see whether that credit card offer you got in the mail is actually a good deal, how to make a resume, things like that that everyone should know but not nearly enough do. Vocational and professional schools should train people for jobs that require more advanced skills. Colleges and universities should provide people with academic knowledge. In a system like this, people would understand basic academics and the life skills they need, while remaining free to choose whatever path in life they would like.